#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > SSE 4 2SS

AWE Tuning

Conversation Between SSE 4 2SS and summitSS
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. summitSS
    02-03-2010 06:50 PM
    summitSS
    Robert, what do you think of this? I'm still trying to decide the best way to afix this to the engine cover. I have yet to try some super sticky 3M tape, but the engine cover is a slick booger. Checkout the post I made for my plate.

Darrell
  2. SSE 4 2SS
    01-25-2010 10:01 PM
    SSE 4 2SS
    That is frigg'in cool looking. I like the idea of a independant battery for the cover too... no worries about forgetting to turn it off, and one less circuit in the car... i'll still order the lights from AAC for the footwell in the car though... I saw one other acc they got that I'm going to order as well in the am...
  3. summitSS
    01-25-2010 08:58 PM
    summitSS
    I used TypeS 15" LED Strip Lights. There were 2 ea per package for about $15 at Autozone. They came with a push button switch and battery to test while in package. I actually replaced push switch with a rocker on/off switch and kept it battery powered rather than hooking up to car accessory power source. Switch is located on engine cover in the back. When battery runs down...replace by removing the cover and replace battery. This pic is a bit blurry, but it was taken in the dark after I installed on car.

4. SSE 4 2SS
    01-25-2010 08:37 PM
    SSE 4 2SS
    Hey Darrell,
    I should be back in town on or about the 5th of Feb. I leave the rig on the 4th, weather permitting and get into Austin the 5th. I'll probably sleep most of the day Friday, but I will try to make it to SA for the meet... if not, I'll certainly be up for a drive down on Saturday... I gotta see the lights in your engine cover... I am about to order mine from AAC...
  5. summitSS
    01-25-2010 08:21 PM
    summitSS
    Hey Robert. I will be working on that V8 plate cover this week. When are you going to be returning?
  6. SSE 4 2SS
    01-19-2010 12:14 AM
    SSE 4 2SS
    Hey Darrell,

I may get off this rig thursday, two weeks early, and if so and I get home in time, I may be at wherever the meet is Friday... did i or was I supposed to send something to have printed on the little cover plate for the engine cover...

If I did not, and I was supposed to...

How about...
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
    Custom Built For
    Robert & Debbie
  7. summitSS
    01-03-2010 09:47 AM
    summitSS
    Sounds good to me. I'll have it and I'll create a plate to cover the V8 on the engine cover. By the way, you did an awesome job on the mod on your engine cover. Wow! I was tatally impressed. Looks great!.

My son has a 2010 Victory Red 2SS/RSS and I would love to buy him a die cast car like you found. He would love it. Was it made by ERTL? What scale was it 1/18? Where did you buy from?

Thanks Robert. If I don't see or hear from you before you leave, take care of yourself and see ya when you get back.

Darrell
  8. summitSS
    01-02-2010 12:51 PM
    summitSS
    Hey Robert,

The trophy shop I get the imprinting done on the hoodplate is closed today therefore I could not pickup your plate today. Normally they are open to 2 pm on Saturdays. I can not pickup until Monday. Do you want to meet sometime after that?

Darrell
  9. summitSS
    12-29-2009 09:02 AM
    summitSS
    Robert,

Please verify the text you specified by clicking on this link: http://www.hoodplates.com/taylor.htm

If text is correct, production on the hand-crafted hoodplate will start as soon as you reply to this message.

Thanks Darrell
  10. summitSS
    12-21-2009 08:32 AM
    summitSS
    Hey Robert! Fun time at Hoolihan's last Friday. AJ told me you were interested in a hoodplate for your hotrod. What do you have in mind? I have a website http://www.hoodplates.com if you want to see some pics. Don't order it online though (save shipping), just let me know what you are looking for and I can make it. We'll settle up next time we meet.

Darrell (SummitSS)