Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Sledgehammer70

AWE Tuning

Conversation Between Sledgehammer70 and HYPER1LE
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. HYPER1LE
    10-30-2017 04:12 AM
    HYPER1LE
    (cont'd)

I am aware that the texture of the intended mounting surfaces could be a factor. But, in your experience, if applicable, is the 3M tape strong enough to still form a descent bond? Also, if there is a combination of any both the "FIFTY" and "1LE" badges that you think would look good, I'd like to know. Though my car is a 1LE, I do take pride in showing it at car shows so I am mindful of the fact of too much might not be good.

Anyway, please let me know what you think when you get a change to respond. I value your opinion. If pictures might help, I do plan to take some with dry-fitment as it likely will help me as well to decide. By the way, I apologize for the breaks. Learned only 1000 characters allowed per message.

Warm regards,
    Larry Armstrong
  2. HYPER1LE
    10-30-2017 04:10 AM
    HYPER1LE
    (cont'd)

Another idea that has come to my mind is placement of EmblemPros 1LE badges I have ordered (4); 3 are medium size, 1 is the large size. The large size may go on my strut tower brace if I think it will be better than what I have on there now. As for the 4 medium sizes, one will be going on the rear bumper opposite the SS badge. I am considering placement of the remaining 3 as follows:

1) On the passenger side of dash (rather than the "FIFTY" emblem) along with 2) one each centered on the upper door trim panels.

(to be cont'd)
  3. HYPER1LE
    10-30-2017 04:07 AM
    HYPER1LE
    Hey Matt,

Hope you and your family are doing well. As you may know, I subscribe to your YT channel; enjoy watching all of your videos. Writing to you to get your input on some cosmetic mods I'm considering for some badge placements. Recently, I bought 2 "FIFTY" badges from River City Creations painted to match my HBM 1LE (HBM with the 50th anniv. orange "I"). I bought them because I was blown away by how nice looking they were even though I had no idea where I was going to put them. I'm seeking your opinion on where I could place them, or not at all. The following are some ideas:

1) On either side of the matte black hood (like you did with the LT1 emblems on yours),
    2) One on the OEM splitter; the other on the rear spoiler,
    3) One each centered on the plastic upper door panels (1SS),
    4) One on the passenger side of the dash; the other on the rear spoiler, or
    5) One each along the lower edge on the exterior of the quarter glass.

(to be cont'd)