Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 09:56 AM   #1
Matt8892

Drives: 2010 2ss RS. White (RIP) 2012 LS3
Thumbs down Maryland Speed: the grinch that stole Christmas

So you may be asking yourself, how did Maryland Speed ruin Christmas for me? Well they didn’t really ruin my Christmas. But still. I ended up getting told what my gift was by my fiancé instead of actually receiving it cause she didn’t know it wouldn’t be here in time.

She ordered a set of qtp cutouts on November 25th and was told shortly there after the order was processing. Which is where the status has since remained. She obviously never would have guessed the order still wouldn’t be here at this point.

It’s funny because when she told me all sadly the the gift wasn’t here yet, I joked and said, “did you order it from Maryland Speed?” As I chuckled. To which she looked at me funny with a “yea...?”. I have never ordered anything from Maryland Speed but have read the horror stories from people which is why I’ll never order anything from them.

But she saw the price and sale and jumped on it. I’m sure with dozens and dozens of other people. If not more. It’s just sad to me. If an order is placed and you cannot fulfill it, or if it’s going to be upwards of 5 weeks late, just send the customer an email. It isn’t really that complex. You would expect better from a seller who was given hundreds of dollars.

So it’s not like you guys NEED to read about another negative Maryland speed experience. But jeez. Just thought I went give an additional heads up/ warning.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:09 AM   #2
Hixson

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS L99
I'm not positive, but from reading a number of these reviews I have a question. Don't they state somewhere that when they are running a super special deal that is way below market for a part, you may not exactly get it in a timely fashion? Part of me thinks that their ability to make great deals is that theyre willing to work with suppliers on a lenient time frame, instead of requiring parts ASAP. They are passing this savings on to the customer, with the idea that you too will have to wait for the part to arrive. If you need a part asap - you pay a premium for it and shop at a different vendor.

To me it seems like people just need to order from Maryland Speed with these aspects in mind. Is Maryland Speed a great place to go if you need your parts in a few weeks for a gift or for a project you start next week? probably not, look to RDP, Janetty, any number of forum sponsors. Are you planning a winter build that will start in March - would it be nice to get the parts eventually while saving a couple hundred bucks for your ability to wait? If yes, then Maryland Speed may be a good option. If I'm not mistaken, the complaint is the timeliness of their deliveries - not whether or not they eventually deliver.

Now in the case of a family member or loved one ordering - that sucks because they had no idea. Too bad the website cant say something, order by Xxxx date to receive by Christmas. *If ordering during black Friday sale, no date can be guaranteed for delivery of your part.*
Old 12-28-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
Kraken

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
They burned me as well! I've been waiting on a part since last month. Keep getting the runaround on the reason I haven't received it or when it will be shipped! This will be my only and last time ordering from there! Bad service in my opinion.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
Matt8892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixson View Post
I'm not positive, but from reading a number of these reviews I have a question. Don't they state somewhere that when they are running a super special deal that is way below market for a part, you may not exactly get it in a timely fashion? Part of me thinks that their ability to make great deals is that theyre willing to work with suppliers on a lenient time frame, instead of requiring parts ASAP. They are passing this savings on to the customer, with the idea that you too will have to wait for the part to arrive. If you need a part asap - you pay a premium for it and shop at a different vendor.

To me it seems like people just need to order from Maryland Speed with these aspects in mind. Is Maryland Speed a great place to go if you need your parts in a few weeks for a gift or for a project you start next week? probably not, look to RDP, Janetty, any number of forum sponsors. Are you planning a winter build that will start in March - would it be nice to get the parts eventually while saving a couple hundred bucks for your ability to wait? If yes, then Maryland Speed may be a good option. If I'm not mistaken, the complaint is the timeliness of their deliveries - not whether or not they eventually deliver.

Now in the case of a family member or loved one ordering - that sucks because they had no idea. Too bad the website cant say something, order by Xxxx date to receive by Christmas. *If ordering during black Friday sale, no date can be guaranteed for delivery of your part.*

In reading the massive clusterF-U-K that is the Maryland speed thread on the gender section. They claim they put that in writing somewhere. They claim they don’t give estimates. They claim they give estimates that are in no way to be taken as accurate. It’s just a massive confusing contradiction. And I’ve bought from vendors with massive savings before and never waited weeks. Just seems off to me.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:43 AM   #5
Hixson

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS L99
^^totally agree, just seems like that's their business model. They offer savings that few if any can match, you just aren't given a time frame for when any of it will arrive.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:43 PM   #6
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt8892 View Post
In reading the massive clusterF-U-K that is the Maryland speed thread on the gender section.
What section?
Old 12-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #7
Matt8892

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
What section?

Cmon! Don’t act like you arent familiar with that section yourself!! Hahaha

Stupit autocorrect.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:58 PM   #8
Matt8892

Why did this just get moved to camaro6? Lol. This thread was in no way related to the 6th generation camaro
Old 12-28-2017, 02:20 PM   #9
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt8892 View Post
Why did this just get moved to camaro6? Lol. This thread was in no way related to the 6th generation camaro
Spreading the love?
Old 12-28-2017, 03:31 PM   #10
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Spoke to the customer and he is happy now. Gave him an extra gift too.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:20 AM   #11
JFM-jr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Discount Policy-

While our website already offers great sale pricing, in many cases we may offer additional package or promotional discounts beyond the standard website sale price. We pride ourselves on having the best price, and want to give you the best deals possible. These discounts may be offered on the phone, or through the chat feature of the website as a coupon code.

When we offer these additional package discounts, delivery time WILL be impacted in many cases. As we discount more, where and how we can source the parts for your order is impacted. For instance a 10% discount on a part can eliminate many of the suppliers we can source the part from on price alone. Or for another example, you may be offered a discount because we have a stock order coming in with that part and we got an extra discount. The order may not ship until that stock order gets here rather than being dropshipped as a one off from a wholesaler.

If you need the part by a certain time, PLEASE STOP THE PURCHASE PROCESS NOW and discuss it with the sales rep who is offering you the discount. It is the customers responsibility to communicate any time delivery time needs at the time of purchase as it impacts how much of a discount we can give. In order to keep prices low, we do not cancel orders, or accept non defective returns on orders with additional discounts beyond website sale price.

By accepting the discount, you agree to these terms.

This is black and white and not hard to understand so with this policy clearly stated dont be shocked by long wait times.
ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray
Old 01-05-2018, 08:18 AM   #12
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM-jr View Post
Discount Policy-

While our website already offers great sale pricing, in many cases we may offer additional package or promotional discounts beyond the standard website sale price. We pride ourselves on having the best price, and want to give you the best deals possible. These discounts may be offered on the phone, or through the chat feature of the website as a coupon code.

When we offer these additional package discounts, delivery time WILL be impacted in many cases. As we discount more, where and how we can source the parts for your order is impacted. For instance a 10% discount on a part can eliminate many of the suppliers we can source the part from on price alone. Or for another example, you may be offered a discount because we have a stock order coming in with that part and we got an extra discount. The order may not ship until that stock order gets here rather than being dropshipped as a one off from a wholesaler.

If you need the part by a certain time, PLEASE STOP THE PURCHASE PROCESS NOW and discuss it with the sales rep who is offering you the discount. It is the customers responsibility to communicate any time delivery time needs at the time of purchase as it impacts how much of a discount we can give. In order to keep prices low, we do not cancel orders, or accept non defective returns on orders with additional discounts beyond website sale price.

By accepting the discount, you agree to these terms.

This is black and white and not hard to understand so with this policy clearly stated dont be shocked by long wait times.
Exactly! It's very straight forward. I've ordered from MS multiple times and have never had an issue.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 01-05-2018, 08:32 AM   #13
imaSSnake
'Maro

Drives: 2015 SS 6.2L Auto 2SS
I haven't gotten involved yet, but now I will say it's sad to see idiots getting away with trashing a company's name even though it clearly says in black and white how they operate when saving you the most money

Why don't the moderators delete crap like this? They are a paying vendor and doing absolutely nothing wrong or misleading, yet every few days someone else has something bad to say because they're too impatient and too cheap
Old 01-05-2018, 08:39 AM   #14
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
https://marylandspeed.com/terms-and-...chase-i-2.html

Just for reference..

-Don

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, maryland speed, marylandspeed