Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-21-2017, 10:18 PM   #1
Whiterocket

Drives: 2016 2SS White w/blk whls, MRC, 6sp
Floor mat recommendation

The floor mat on the passenger side does not have anchors like the driver side to keep it in place. Consequently it bunches up each time someone gets in. Anyone have a recommendation for a better mat that will stay in place?
Whiterocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:49 PM   #2
somedude

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT Convertible Auto V6
Just got the Eagle Klaw Floor Mat Clips and problem was solved, no need to buy new mat's. I bought the kit with the cutter included, get a scrap piece of wood and a hammer to make the holes on your existing mat.

https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Klaw-An...or+mat+anchors
somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:31 AM   #3
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
3d floormats. They are molded to the entire floor, so they cover way up behind the pedals, up the sides, and underneath a portion of the seat. They are all weather but color matched to the interior beautifully. Plus the metal logos look great. They work with the anchors on your floor, and since they are molded to the floor, they will not move.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 08-22-2017, 07:48 AM   #4
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Weathertech has great stuff. My whole family has them and I bought them before I picked my car up from the dealer. The passenger side will not bunch up. It is rigid plastic/vinyl, whatever. But they aren't cheap and they look very similar to the mats that soloknight posted. I would take a look! I ordered them and had them at my office in a week.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:07 AM   #5
greaser2

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1 KG
I'm a big fan of weather tech and get them often but I'm disappointed in their fit in my Camaro. Just don't extend back enough to the seat. Driver side locks in but not passenger side
greaser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:17 AM   #6
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by greaser2 View Post
I'm a big fan of weather tech and get them often but I'm disappointed in their fit in my Camaro. Just don't extend back enough to the seat. Driver side locks in but not passenger side
Exactly why I dumped my weathertechs....I went back to a lloyds ultimat, ,the highest quality out there, imo that you can buy for a carpet mat....

Last edited by Glen e; 08-22-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:17 AM   #7
Magnum922

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, A8
I got husky front and back . I love them. They fronts are long and go under the seats so when you use the easy out option the carpet is covered. I have weathertechs in my Tacoma and the husky are thicker and better looking.
Magnum922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:38 AM   #8
whiskeyfed
Pat

I do agree that I wish my weather techs extended further under the seat. Although I can't really speak for anything else because I haven't tried anything else. I cant do carpet because of the salt in the winter

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 08-22-2017, 09:03 AM   #9
Whiterocket

Drives: 2016 2SS White w/blk whls, MRC, 6sp
Thanks for the great ideas. I have a set of Weather Techs in our Tahoe which do well as it is a bit of a truck, and we live in an area that gets lots of rain and snow. For the Camaro, I would prefer something that is more carpet like that will hold the muck on the mat for later cleaning (Weather Tech's are good for that). The 3D's look good but do they look like carpet or rubber? I'll check out the other recommendations too. Good stuff.
Whiterocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:08 AM   #10
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterocket View Post
Thanks for the great ideas. I have a set of Weather Techs in our Tahoe which do well as it is a bit of a truck, and we live in an area that gets lots of rain and snow. For the Camaro, I would prefer something that is more carpet like that will hold the muck on the mat for later cleaning (Weather Tech's are good for that). The 3D's look good but do they look like carpet or rubber? I'll check out the other recommendations too. Good stuff.
They have a texture which makes them appear to be carpet, but they are a thick rubber.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:59 AM   #11
Bodyslide

Drives: Traded in 2016 BLUE VELVET 2LT RS
I sent Weathertech an email this morning about the bad fit for the passenger side. If I had it to do over, I would get the Husky's as well.
Bodyslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:46 AM   #12
Rooster OG

Drives: 2016
I got Lloyds Ultimats, they look great and fit perfectly. I don't really have winter though so I have no need for rubber mats and I haven't noticed any issues with the passenger rug moving.
Rooster OG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:59 AM   #13
whiskeyfed
Pat

Yeah I mean aside from it not going far enough under the seat. My WT fit great. I rarely have someone in the passenger seat so mine doesn't move at all. I had them in my last car and always had passengers and the thing ended up looking like Sloth from the Goonies.

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 08-22-2017, 12:07 PM   #14
Sub

Drives: 2017 ZL1
My brother has the 3d ones on his camaro. They have sort of a velcro bottom to them so they dont move. This is what you're looking for. They make a rubber winter one and classic fuzzy style.