Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-15-2017, 08:56 PM   #85
ss_rob

Drives: SS
Where are people buying this from? I can't find a store link anywhere?
ss_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:58 PM   #86
Dethsupp0rt

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_rob View Post
Where are people buying this from? I can't find a store link anywhere?
Just PM him or e-mail him and he'll send you a link to pay.
Dethsupp0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:32 PM   #87
soceur77

Drives: 17 NFG ZL1 17 GTR 22 RS6
installed mine today, literally took 12mins....i didnt really get to push the car on it yet, but could def tell accelleration from a stop and when going back on to the gas when in motion was much much smoother. Almost no need for the VTC i ordered, but I assume that will just increase that sensation. Thanks for a great part Tony!
soceur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:41 PM   #88
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Installed mine yesterday. Already had a ported throttle body but still felt an improvement. Takes less pedal to get a reaction. Well worth it!
Old 06-22-2017, 08:45 PM   #89
soceur77

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSR-1 View Post
Takes less pedal to get a reaction. Well worth it!
Old 06-22-2017, 08:56 PM   #90
Dethsupp0rt

Quote:
Originally Posted by soceur77 View Post
installed mine today, literally took 12mins....i didnt really get to push the car on it yet, but could def tell accelleration from a stop and when going back on to the gas when in motion was much much smoother. Almost no need for the VTC i ordered, but I assume that will just increase that sensation. Thanks for a great part Tony!
I know some people were having issues with CAI, TB, and the VTC. Hopefully you won't.

I think the CAI/TB combo will be enough for me. Hopefully it won't throw any codes.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:01 PM   #91
Evolvedx27

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
I know some people were having issues with CAI, TB, and the VTC. Hopefully you won't.

I think the CAI/TB combo will be enough for me. Hopefully it won't throw any codes.
Stop it
Evolvedx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:08 PM   #92
soceur77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolvedx27 View Post
Stop it
I believe that guy had a bad TB that wasnt made by Tony. No reason the VTC should throw a code, or rather ive never seen anyone throw a code of any kind with a VTC, and the sampling rate of those with a tb and cai and no cel is much higher than the one guy that had an issue with a known tb to have had a bad batch sent to customers......my way of sleeping better tonight after reading ur comments....lol Also I didnt buy the known troubled TB from that company

Note: not saying that the known troubled TB isnt good, just facts that thus far it is the only one known to cause an issue with a ZL1 and supposedly because of a bad batch being made.....
Old 06-22-2017, 09:21 PM   #93
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
After the RF cai and Katech ported TB I still felt there was a lot of lag. So I got a used VTC. So far I have not had any problems...but it has been only 1 day with it. On my 10 SS it worked perfectly for about 3 weeks and then the problems came. The car kept throwing codes related to errors in TB signal. It gradually got worse and worse until I finally removed it and got rid of it. But I had a custom tune, V-Max, a Power Wedge, and full bolt-ons. So something was not working nicely with the VTC. So now I'll see if I come across any issues. I contacted Vitesse and they said that with my mods I should have no issues at all. I started a thread so if I do come across anything I'll let you guys know.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:25 PM   #94
Dethsupp0rt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolvedx27 View Post
Stop it
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing any product. Tony himself said it might be an issue running everything simultaneously without a tune.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:32 PM   #95
soceur77

i have to admit i did just read a thread over on the Z06 forums of a guy that didnt get a cel until after he installed a VTC, but as tony explained, with his TB, you have a more efficient TB now being asked to open faster by the VTC and without a tune could cause issues. I PM'd the guy in question and asked if he tried his VTC in the lowest 2 settings with the ported TB as most ppl ive seen with the vtc like settings 5-6. I dont think I would have come to the conclusion to lower the VTC setting drastically due to Tony's simple but smart explanation of a ported tb and the VTC combo.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:49 PM   #96
catdog

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 pdr roof CF blk
Thank you Tony...

What can I say...

Just installed your throttle body I got about 1 week after placing order and talking to you in person; you were patient and courteous and obviously an enthusiast. Just took a car for a drive and it feels so much nicer, more linear, more honest in its throttle transitions and just all around feels sweeter.

The major issue I had with my SS and now ZL1 is the on-off throttle transitions especially from idle and rest ; jerky and irritating to get just right every time, like the engine is trying to buck or the throttle response is not linear. Your throttle body just fixed that...amazing that the car doesn't have that from the factory, for all the amazing engineering and performance, how could they have screwed up or overlooked something as crucial as fine throttle control on/off transitions.

I am not going to give estimate of more power torque although it got a little punchier in mid range but major major improvement is the throttle feel. I bought a vitesse trottle controller for my SS but never installed it and will not be using it because your TB solved my issue. Launching car from rest is much easier and
More pleasing.

Thank you again A+ workmanship and personable service
catdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:31 AM   #97
catdog

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 pdr roof CF blk
ok drove it again this morning
it's gone from very very fast to scary very very fast...

definitely a plus on the butt dyno...
catdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:51 AM   #98
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Drives: 2009 CTS-V, 2008 C6Z06
Guys,

Been jamming building some engines (had one on the engine dyno last week) and I haven't visited this page in a bit

I appreciate all the positive comments and you guys taking the time to share

While the increased throttle response and the elimination of the dreaded off idle lag are probably the best reasons to own my ported TB, don't think for a minute its not's improving the bottom line....your butt dyno isn't lying....its a solid increase in power and torque across the entire curve.

Check out these independent dyno results in ideal conditions (dyno stock TB....replace with my ported TB on the dyno....re-dyno the car 15 mins later).

Also, check out these independent real world performance results from another LT4 Vette owner....everything you need to read is in his first post. dyno numbers are great but real world results even better

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-on-mods.html

Still dealing with supply issues although I may have just scored another 20 new units....most of them are presold already but guys that move quickly may be able to get the last few unaccounted for...BUT....this assumes this deal pans out...I should know more in the next 3-4 days

Regards,
Tony
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote