Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 01-29-2017, 07:44 AM   #1
WhiteLightening

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 RS, 2005 Mustang GT
Lag when acceration from stop?

I have a 8 speed auto, there is sometimes a lag when accelerate from a stop. There isn't when I go to WOT tho. Anywhere before that there is a small lag sometimes from when I push the gas in to when I start to move. Could it be the transmission wondering what gear to goto? Or something else? When I goto WOT there is sometimes a lull then a lunge forward from a stop. It is not smooth at times, other times it is completely smooth. What do you guys think? Oh side note, it's just broke 5k miles so I need to get it services as well.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:57 AM   #2
Dfelux

Drives: 2016 SS Hyper Blue
M6's have it too. My personal biggest complaint on the car. Just how GM decided to tune it factory is my guess. Too mushy in my opinion
Dfelux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:28 AM   #3
willoverkill

Drives: Fast
It's normal and I've had a lot of success tuning it out in the Overkill tune development. Also removed the dead pedal when traveling 40+ mph where you put your foot back on the gas pedal and nothing happens for the first travel, then suddenly there's life. Working to get the throttle pedal feeling normal and natural!
willoverkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:41 AM   #4
2006Moy

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible Hyper Blue
That's why a lot of us are getting the Vitesse controller. Helps reduce that input lag.
Black hash marks
Curb alert
Vitesse controller

Jl audio HD 900/5 amp
c5 650 components
c2 650x coaxials rear fill
2 x 8" W3v3 subwoofers custom ported box
Fix 82 module

BF TPNS
BF Wet Diamond
BF Crystal Seal
Hydr02
303 Aerospace top protectant
2006Moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:54 AM   #5
ss_rob

Drives: SS
And here I thought it was just GM's way of limiting wheel spin in 1st gear on the M6. lol.
ss_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:17 PM   #6
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
throttle controllers reduce lag in the same way that you can reduce your own lag by having a quicker lead foot. That's basically all they do. You can adjust your driving or you can use a controller like that to try and match the pedal sensor to your own behavior. No difference.

To remove the initial throttle lag for part throttle acceleration you need to tune it out. Not sure if the GM tune with their intake does anything to it, but you go trifecta or perhaps some other tunes... having it dyno tuned would probably fix you up.

I'm not sure with the Trifecta tune (which i have) if it's the TCM tune they provide that corrects it or the ECM one. But it was gone after. And you have a 2016 so either way, you're good. Unlike the 2017 people who have to jump through hoops with the TCM.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:13 PM   #7
bishopski

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT | 3.6L V6 | A/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006Moy View Post
That's why a lot of us are getting the Vitesse controller. Helps reduce that input lag.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:48 PM   #8
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
throttle controllers reduce lag in the same way that you can reduce your own lag by having a quicker lead foot. That's basically all they do. You can adjust your driving or you can use a controller like that to try and match the pedal sensor to your own behavior. No difference.

To remove the initial throttle lag for part throttle acceleration you need to tune it out. Not sure if the GM tune with their intake does anything to it, but you go trifecta or perhaps some other tunes... having it dyno tuned would probably fix you up.

I'm not sure with the Trifecta tune (which i have) if it's the TCM tune they provide that corrects it or the ECM one. But it was gone after. And you have a 2016 so either way, you're good. Unlike the 2017 people who have to jump through hoops with the TCM.
In bold...bingo. start doing calf raises

Also...ported tb... that helps with throttle response. First thing I added this time around. resons for it, is usually the porting, increase the venture effect. the air flow velocity increases slightly, and takes care of the lag.

if diablosport comes out with their tuners, they have whats called "throttle boost" basically its the same thing as the vitesse and other controllers. when you step on the gas say 10%, the module send the computer a signal to open as if it were 14%. if you press 25% then the signal reads at 31%. its a linear curve of percentages more than what actual is, which is why cellsafemode pointed out, you can do the same with your foot. press faster.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant

Last edited by PolynesianPowerhouse; 01-29-2017 at 06:05 PM.
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:20 PM   #9
BluVel Camaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT/RS
VTC!!!
BluVel Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:29 AM   #10
WhiteLightening

What is VTC?
Old 01-30-2017, 08:53 AM   #11
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLightening View Post
What is VTC?
It's the Viteese controller mentioned above.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:00 AM   #12
WhiteLightening

Ah, I'll wait for the diablo tuner. Anyone know is we're getting one?
Old 02-03-2017, 02:42 PM   #13
ussj4brolli

Drives: 2x 94:Z28s - 2x95:Z28s - 1x16:1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLightening View Post
Ah, I'll wait for the diablo tuner. Anyone know is we're getting one?
Why?

The Vitesse controller is simply the same thing except it doesnt alter the warranty, and is adjustable on the fly by a simple button press. I have had mine in for over a year with 0 issues. just unplug the peddle...and plug the controller in between. cant even see or feel it.
ussj4brolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:10 PM   #14
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussj4brolli View Post
Why?

The Vitesse controller is simply the same thing except it doesnt alter the warranty, and is adjustable on the fly by a simple button press. I have had mine in for over a year with 0 issues. just unplug the peddle...and plug the controller in between. cant even see or feel it.
a throttle controller is nothing like a tune. Not even in the same ballpark.

You can do absolutely everything a throttle controller can do with your foot on a stock car. All it's doing is manipulating the peddle position sensor.

The tune is capable of actually correcting the issue rather than masking over it, along with everything else it is able to change.

and yes, your Vitesse controller would alter the warranty if you were honest about using it and whatever you're trying to get covered can be proven to be related to the use of the unauthorized device. Granted, it's a much narrower scope if you fight the dealer than what a ecm/tcm tune could be responsible for, but as far as the warranty is concerned anything not authorized to be plugged or wired in by the OEM is suspect to voiding potential warranty work if related to the cause of the problem.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote