Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-07-2017, 10:32 PM   #169
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajrothm View Post
Thanks.

The car is fixed. The dealer said the bushing that is in the rack that the bolts go through some how was crooked/cock eyed...(my guess is left out all together but..).. Took them all day but they got the bushing in correctly and the car drives great, straight as an arrow, didn't even need an alignment...

Also got my wheels repainted in gloss black and they came out great.(while it was in for the trans line recall). Now the car is like new again. Hopefully it stays that way.

Where did you get your wheels painted? Or powdercoated? Love gloss, hate my matte finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:43 PM   #170
stook2001

Drives: 99 M3, 04 STi, 16 2SS
Just had my car done, apparently the full recall was needed. Everything seems to be ok except for some minor panel alignment issues in the front end that I need to get resolved (may do it myself). I feel like they might have removed my hood because the fender gaps are more uneven now than I recall. That doesn't seem to be the standard procedure according to the GM doc posted in the first few pages of this thread.
stook2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:41 PM   #171
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Transmission cooler line recall

Just a heads up if your car needs this it will first need to be inspected which I found out when I picked up my car and was told it was done. Well it wasn't. They had to inspect first then special order the cooler lines. I made the appointment in advance dropped off first thing Monday morning. I was told 4 hours and it would be done the same day. Then it turned into the next day now the next day. The car is still on the lift and I'll be surprised if it's ready tomorrow. They claimed this isn't the first one they've done but I question that as well as the fact that I don't think they even started it until late yesterday or this morning due to poor communication and or none just excuses when I showed up after no return calls today. Either way if you need your car be prepared for a few day ordeal. Unless your stealership isn't as incompetent as mine has been through this whole situation.

I got my car back after almost a full week and while it took forever I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary. Panels aligned good, nothing out of place, new transmission cooler lines installed and routed correctly, fluid level is full, transmission shifts as good as before, no leaks on my garage floor so the end result is good. My car won't be suffering from a worn through line. The recall was performed successfully.

Last edited by Wheel Team 6; 03-18-2017 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Update results
Wheel Team 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:00 PM   #172
7rank

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '13 Sierra SLT
Transmission cooler line recall

I was replacing the stock muffler today with some new Borla's, and decided to take a look at this recall problem...
See pic's below... as far as I can see, the only closest stud to the line on the driver's side above the tranny mount, is about 1 1/2 inches away from the line.... nothing to worry about.. is this the right place?... couldn't see any other stud's close to the line.
However the orange wrap around the line that sits on top of the stud on a cross member is a little bit of a prob... I lifted it up to take a look underneath, and its starting to wear away at the fabric.. but a piece of rubber between the fabric and mount would fix it..
certainly not worth replacing the whole damn line!

Name:  Img_2952.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  123.6 KB Name:  Img_2950.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  98.8 KB

as you can see its wearing away at it... will eventually eat through and then start on the pipe.
Build date Feb/2016
Attached Images

Last edited by 7rank; 04-16-2017 at 08:00 PM. Reason: added build date
7rank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:12 PM   #173
7rank

UPDATE - Transmission cooler line recall

I was incorrect on the body stud in question... see pic's..
I didn't have my car far enough over my pit, and took another look today after seeing the document ID: 4641633 that someone posted here.. when I saw the picture, I knew I had to take another look, and found the right one hidden right above the tranny mount... the stud was still far enough away from the line but I cut it off anyways, and put a rubber end over the stub.
I also just put a couple of industrial zip ties around the orange wrap sitting on the cross member...so that its more protected.
I'll wait for a year to let the dealership do a bunch of these recalls, then bring mine in and let them know I was aware of it and show the actions I took, and see if they still want to replace the whole lines... which I doubt they will.

Before:
Name:  Img_2979.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  54.8 KB After: Name:  Img_2990.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  92.8 KB

Before:
Name:  Img_2974.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  116.8 KB After: Name:  Img_2976.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  110.0 KB
Old 03-19-2017, 07:09 PM   #174
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Good idea on the zip ties over the orange sleeve. I'm going to do the same.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:02 PM   #175
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Does any have the full procedure, step by step of what the dealer has to remove to replace the lines. I would like to find the rattle that they created when replacing my lines for the recall, I don't want to take it back and have more problems created.
Thanks Slem
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:55 PM   #176
7rank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slem View Post
Does any have the full procedure, step by step of what the dealer has to remove to replace the lines. I would like to find the rattle that they created when replacing my lines for the recall, I don't want to take it back and have more problems created.
Thanks Slem
see post #34, "EFI Tuning" posted 2 pdf documents for the procedures.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=475865&page=3
Old 03-20-2017, 10:33 PM   #177
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7rank View Post
see post #34, "EFI Tuning" posted 2 pdf documents for the procedures.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=475865&page=3
Thanks a lot ...... I'm not surprised I have a rattle after looking at what they had to pull apart, also that side caliper seized on me while I was on the Hwy
Not long after the work was done. Most likely something they did.
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:46 PM   #178
Bowtie11SS
BowtieTaZ

Drives: 2018 HB 2SS, 15 BK Silverado
Back Ordered Part

I had my in Friday to my local dealer, who is always been great and forthright. They said my line needs to be replaced, and the part is on back order. They ordered it but have no idea when it will come in. Has anybody heard how long the back order is?
Bowtie11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:55 PM   #179
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slem View Post
Thanks a lot ...... I'm not surprised I have a rattle after looking at what they had to pull apart, also that side caliper seized on me while I was on the Hwy

Not long after the work was done. Most likely something they did.

Could you record your rattle? Is it only on cold starts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:00 PM   #180
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie11SS View Post
I had my in Friday to my local dealer, who is always been great and forthright. They said my line needs to be replaced, and the part is on back order. They ordered it but have no idea when it will come in. Has anybody heard how long the back order is?
Mine took 2 weeks to come in and 4 days to be completed.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:50 AM   #181
HavockSS

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS
oh boy

Took mine in Saturday was told 2 - 4 hours. Received a call back Saturday evening that it would not be ready until Monday.

Picked up the car on Monday and had a grinding noise, lunging at a full stop and stalling. Took it back to the dealership. They had the car Tuesday and Wednesday.

Picked it up Wednesday (yesterday) evening was told they reseated the transmission coolant line and drove around a bit. This morning when I am at highway speeds and steady on the throttle the car vibrates not a little vibration but on that you can really feel like a bouncing vibration. Throttle up or slow down it goes away.

Anyone else have this? Looks like it will be going back to the dealership after work.
HavockSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:43 PM   #182
Cmcdowell

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
I took my car in Monday afternoon for the recall and just got it back today. When I got it home, I started to do some cleaning with my detailing spray when I noticed my wheels. I had washed my car Sunday and my wheels didn't look like this! Would they have messed with my wheels when they serviced my car for the recall?
Attached Images

Cmcdowell is offline   Reply With Quote