Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016 Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #15
dixonk
 
dixonk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,084
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
What's wrong with the C7??? In my opinion they finally got it right!!! The new Vette looks right sitting next to any exotic now.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #16
SPCBA


 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a line somwhere
Posts: 4,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Not yet. I'm going to say in a few years I'll be dying to have me a Z06!
would be nice!
c7 looks amazing in person
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #17
Steve@HPE
 
Drives: 2014 SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North East Florida
Posts: 560
Every other aspect of the design is very well done, although I'm surprised it has such skinny wheels on it. I have a 2011 Z06 with the Z07 performance package that cost me a fortune, so maybe I'm a little biased

Still, that rear fascia looks like something for a Pontiac, it just doesn't flow with the design of the rest of the car IMO. I think it's the tear drop vents on the outside tail lights and the more prominent V shape of the emblem.
Steve@HPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #18
Glen e


 
Glen e's Avatar
 
Drives: Garnet 2LT RS, PCX 150
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Retired from Car Biz/Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 4,589
Steve - I don't disagree and have ordered a new C7...the only design element I don't like is the black "tear" to the outside of the taillight you show. RPI is now offering body colored bezels that should take care of that.



Coming by your house on 95 in about 60 days, I'll stop and we'll visit....
__________________
Glen e is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #19
Steve@HPE
 
Drives: 2014 SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North East Florida
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Steve - I don't disagree and have ordered a new C7...the only design element I don't like is the black "tear" to the outside of the taillight you show. RPI is now offering body colored bezels that should take care of that.



Coming by your house on 95 in about 60 days, I'll stop and we'll visit....
Hey Glen....I think making that vent bezel the body color will help a bunch! The fact that RPI offers that is an indicator that the rear fascia has not been well received. Will you have your C7 by then? I saw a truck load of them head south on I95 yesterday!
Steve@HPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #20
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,618
The biggest questions on the NG car will be retro or not. It's that simple. If you think the Camaro has to represent the history of the car then that one question is most critical for you.

If you look at everything that GM has done with the launches since the Camaro you can get a feel for what is coming.

Improvements to the Impala, heralded by pretty much everyone. Huge step up in the interior. Added many technology upgrades. Solid all around.

ATS. Still has the vision problems associated with high belt, slammed roof and huge C-pillars. Giant up grade in the interior. Giant demonstration of GM's prowess in ride and handling. CUE is a great start. Not liked by many yet but it's growing on me even.

CTS. Demonstration of what GM can do with an architectural variant off of Alpha. Application of further powertrain enhancements and V-sport tuning.

FST and Utilities. Very solid evolutions on interior, exterior, powertrain and NVH.

Yes we have to wait for real reviews of a few of these products, but preliminary reviews are pretty solid.

And your use of the C7, well that has been a bit polarizing but for the most part it's growing on people. My opinion, GM could have made it very plain, i.e. Porsche rear ends and done ok. You won't mistake this going down the road.

As for the Camaro refresh for 2014, that is a historical reference to later Camaros which takes us back to the first question. Retro or not to retro.

For me, I hope they go far beyond with the Camaro and take a bold step forward and leave the history behind. I predict they don't have the courage to do that and it would take courage.

But we will have to see what happens....................annnnnnd the anticipation continues.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #21
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!
 
Blk-Ice's Avatar
 
Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern VA & NC
Posts: 2,263
IMO the C7 is a Home Run! As for the C6 Camaro.....if it looks anything like the possible concept Veh in the spy shots for the new Transformers Movie.....that's ALL fail except the hood!
__________________
Fear the LMR Twisted Reaper Brotherhood!
Blk-Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #22
Glen e


 
Glen e's Avatar
 
Drives: Garnet 2LT RS, PCX 150
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Retired from Car Biz/Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 4,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@HPE View Post
Hey Glen....I think making that vent bezel the body color will help a bunch! The fact that RPI offers that is an indicator that the rear fascia has not been well received. Will you have your C7 by then? I saw a truck load of them head south on I95 yesterday!
should have by Nov10th - another interesting note - I got a few dealers to value my trade before I found a better offer up north for the Camaro. Every one of the used car managers said the vents looked nice and they were most concerned if the engine would get wet. When I showed them the pans, they totally liked the mod and did not shy away from giving me ex-clean money for the car...Just in case anyone is worrying that Steve's vents may hurt resale...
__________________

Last edited by Glen e; 09-15-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Glen e is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #23
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,179
The 6th Gen Camaro will be fine. The C7 Corvette is good as long as all the vents are body color. I am anxious to see what happens when the ZO6 and the ZR1 come out. The Base and Z51 are really setting the bar high.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #24
Steve@HPE
 
Drives: 2014 SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North East Florida
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
The biggest questions on the NG car will be retro or not. It's that simple. If you think the Camaro has to represent the history of the car then that one question is most critical for you.

If you look at everything that GM has done with the launches since the Camaro you can get a feel for what is coming.

Improvements to the Impala, heralded by pretty much everyone. Huge step up in the interior. Added many technology upgrades. Solid all around.

ATS. Still has the vision problems associated with high belt, slammed roof and huge C-pillars. Giant up grade in the interior. Giant demonstration of GM's prowess in ride and handling. CUE is a great start. Not liked by many yet but it's growing on me even.

CTS. Demonstration of what GM can do with an architectural variant off of Alpha. Application of further powertrain enhancements and V-sport tuning.

FST and Utilities. Very solid evolutions on interior, exterior, powertrain and NVH.

Yes we have to wait for real reviews of a few of these products, but preliminary reviews are pretty solid.

And your use of the C7, well that has been a bit polarizing but for the most part it's growing on people. My opinion, GM could have made it very plain, i.e. Porsche rear ends and done ok. You won't mistake this going down the road.

As for the Camaro refresh for 2014, that is a historical reference to later Camaros which takes us back to the first question. Retro or not to retro.

For me, I hope they go far beyond with the Camaro and take a bold step forward and leave the history behind. I predict they don't have the courage to do that and it would take courage.

But we will have to see what happens....................annnnnnd the anticipation continues.
Good post....clearly GM is making great improvements in key areas, interior design being the most prominent. The interior of the C7 Corvette is reminiscent of high-end German sedans and sports cars.

I suspect they'll get the 6th generation Camaro mostly right. Heck, they've got a huge user community here from which to gather input.
Steve@HPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #25
Steve@HPE
 
Drives: 2014 SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North East Florida
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
The 6th Gen Camaro will be fine. The C7 Corvette is good as long as all the vents are body color. I am anxious to see what happens when the ZO6 and the ZR1 come out. The Base and Z51 are really setting the bar high.
That's what I'm waiting for, the C6 Z06 is a huge upgrade over the base model C6.
Steve@HPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #26
fielderLS3


 
fielderLS3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Portage, Wisconsin
Posts: 3,981
The rear fascia on the Corvette is ok on the Corvette. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either.

Given what they did with the 2014 Camaro rear end, here's praying the do change it to something else.
__________________
"Proven V-8 power with better efficiency than a turbo V-6"

"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive."eds.

Last edited by fielderLS3; 09-15-2013 at 04:46 PM.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #27
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 14 Chevy Spark 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,778
Like everything else some will love it some will hate it and others won't care because its a Camaro..,
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #28
Fourth Camaro
 
Drives: '13 ZL1-5th Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Camaroland
Posts: 57
So far, the only color I've seen that the tear drop is not that flattering is the crystal red.
Every other color, I think the rear fascia is gorgeous.

Fourth Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.