Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #127
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I trust these guys to do the Camaro name proud. While enthusiasts' opinions matter - and they know it (hence the disciples)...they are the professionals. If any group of people can do it - they can. The nameplate is in good hands.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #128
Sweet Z

Drives: 2013 ZL-1
I think that it is a very good thing to have a V6 model, but I'd like to see something that distinguishes it from the V8s. Not much, but something...
2002 35th Anniversary SS
2010 2SS/RS Hennessey HPE600 Conversion
Sweet Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #129
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Basing the design on the 2nd Gen would make my decision to buy or not a confident NO.
There is nothing appealing about how that car looks to me.
And why does the car have to have a whole new redesign so soon after bringing it back?

It's nice to know they realize they have a good thing going, and not wanting to screw it up.
I'm just not sure if the current camaro is the beginning of good design at Chevy or good luck. I just hope they don't stray too far from the current look because its almost perfect.
And to be honest I don't share the same confidence that some of you have.
The camaro and the CTS V coupe are the only two cars out of everything that GM makes across all their brands that appeal to me.

So I really hope the gen 6 design is evolutionary based on the gen 5. Constantly completely redesigning cars is not a good thing for the name plate. And if they screw up the look, nothing else will even matter. It's the single most important feature of any car.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:28 AM   #130
gnturboray

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS LS3 LPE750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
What GM really needs to keep in mind is that ford is going to come out swinging

just like they are doing with this upcoming Shelby GT500.

GM is at a handicap because they can't make the Camaro faster and more powerful without also upgrading the vette. While Ford has just there one car to worry about.

Just the same, if GM doesnt come out the gate with 500 hp for the SS, I dare say they will be behind Ford.
I agree, GM made this very mistake back in 1986 & 87 with the Buick Grand National. It beat the Corvette and Camaro 0-60 and quarter mile. This is why they ceased production of the G-body GN for 1988 and went with the front wheel drive platform a year early but stayed with the G-body Monte Carlo SS through 1988 before going to the front wheel drive Chevy in 1989. Not that there was any comparison to the GN and Monte SS other than the build platform, it was GM's way of spanking Buicks peepee for building a car that spanked their Flag Ship Corvettes butt!
gnturboray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:28 AM   #131
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
Basing the design on the 2nd Gen would make my decision to buy or not a confident NO.
There is nothing appealing about how that car looks to me.
And why does the car have to have a whole new redesign so soon after bringing it back?

It's nice to know they realize they have a good thing going, and not wanting to screw it up.
I'm just not sure if the current camaro is the beginning of good design at Chevy or good luck. I just hope they don't stray too far from the current look because its almost perfect.
And to be honest I don't share the same confidence that some of you have.
The camaro and the CTS V coupe are the only two cars out of everything that GM makes across all their brands that appeal to me.

So I really hope the gen 6 design is evolutionary based on the gen 5. Constantly completely redesigning cars is not a good thing for the name plate. And if they screw up the look, nothing else will even matter. It's the single most important feature of any car.
I approve of this post.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:35 AM   #132
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Z View Post
I think that it is a very good thing to have a V6 model, but I'd like to see something that distinguishes it from the V8s. Not much, but something...
Don't understand why people ask for this.
I think the current way they did it was the best choice. Very minimal subtle visual differences. The people who care, can see the difference. Everybody else, it all looks the same and I'm pretty sure that helps sales.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:51 AM   #133
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
Was it strange that he said something like: "He didn't mention it, but the 2015 Mustang has the potential to surpass the Camaro"? Didn't Mustang always have the potential to surpass the Camaro? Does he know something about the 2015 Mustang that would make it surpass the Camaro? GM needs to make sure that doesn't happen if at all possible.
Only thing I can think of is the fact the new mustang will be an all new mustang design, not based on a retro car and modern in every way. Something that the mustang actually needs cuz the current design has been around for a while and the mustang people want something new.

Not so much needed for the camaro cuz the current design is the new design and is still fresh. So I hope they don't feel they have to do this just because ford is. And this has the potential to be just as huge a failure for ford as a well as as a success with a newer look. The main difference being if the new mustang visually isn't a hit, it won't be the death of the brand. If the the new camaro design stinks, u can guarantee it will kill the brand.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:10 AM   #134
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
What GM really needs to keep in mind is that ford is going to come out swinging

just like they are doing with this upcoming Shelby GT500.

GM is at a handicap because they can't make the Camaro faster and more powerful without also upgrading the vette. While Ford has just there one car to worry about.

Just the same, if GM doesnt come out the gate with 500 hp for the SS, I dare say they will be behind Ford.

Ford definately is coming out swinging, full blaze. And I think that's a great thing.

I do agree with Chevy being at a handicap because of the vette. But that handicap is self inflicted.
There is no reason they can't take a negative and turn it into a positive.
Where does it say that the vette has to be the top dog in every way?
That it allways has to be significantly faster than everything else?
That it has to be sole bearer of the company flagship.

Why can't you have two flagships?

Why can't the camaro brand and vette stand together as equals?

The only reason anyone has is the camaro would cannibalize vette sales.

I say so what.

It's better to have something you own eat some of your sales, than to have someone else like ford do it. And any company that refuses to do this generally starts to lag behind and get stuck in one place.

Doesn't the camaro outsell the vette anyway? Sure it's a lot cheaper. But even if you cut the camaro sales in half, isn't it still more than the vette?

I vote for the camaro to be the unofficial flagship for Chevy.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:20 AM   #135
DoggyB22

Drives: 2001 Camaro Z28, 2016 Camaro SS
Honestly I've been saying it & ill keep saying it.. GM would be retarded if they were to make a second gen look a like! Just MAKE YOUR OWN DESIGN!! You did the retro 69 Camaro look for bringing the Camaro back. & it worked... But now you move on & make a new style Camaro. You don't keep redoing older generation Camaros. That's just plain stupid. You don't see Ford making retro Mustangs of each 1st & 2nd generations...

01' Camaro Z28
H/C/I & a 200 shot 450 rwhp & 420 lbtq NA. TBD on spray
16' Camaro SS
LME 416, cammed, high ram intake, ported LT1 heads, stalled. 600 rwhp 550 lbtq
DoggyB22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:55 AM   #136
CamarOBX

Drives: 2011 2LT Camaro 1996 Nissan Sentra
My thoughts are they most likely will stick with a model close to this one maby a little smaller for less weight. I don't really think they will go with the remake of the second gen.
I don't under stand why everyone complains about the visiblity at first its bad but after driving for like an hour u get used to it. (If an 18 year old can do it so can most others.)
My feeling is you have to give up a little bit somewhere with sports cars and that usually means giving up a little comfort.

I just hope they are gonna make a 6th gen zl1 cause they are very sexy.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #137
BU_Gingerneer

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green SS/ RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
This would do it....

Go complete retro, '69 Camaro in pro touring style.

Keep the traditional V-8, no AFM, at least 5.7L. Direct injection and a variable cam timing to improve mpgs. 3400ish lbs. SS version with the big V8. A V-6 version for the economy segment... More 1st gen size.

I'd bet if they went really retro, all the way toward a '69 like this, 100,000 + in sales volume easily.

+ a BIG one. Couldn't agree more.
BU_Gingerneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #138
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
...And if they screw up the look, nothing else will even matter. It's the single most important feature of any car.
AMEN

Quote:
Don't understand why people ask for this.
I think the current way they did it was the best choice. Very minimal subtle visual differences. The people who care, can see the difference. Everybody else, it all looks the same and I'm pretty sure that helps sales.
Also Agree
Old 03-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #139
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
More 6th Gen Camaro Rumors.

All possibilities....

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/gm-at-a-cr...camaro-design/
Old 03-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #140
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I don't think this article really says much of anything that we didn't already know.

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation