Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016 Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro forum, news, rumors, discussions

Old 09-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #1
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
My 6th Gen Interior Wishlist

I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseam for the 5th Gen -of which I'm quite happy with my 2010's interior... as for things that could be done better in the next iteration to help convince me to buy a 6th Gen in 2014~2015, I've put together a wishlist of things I would like to see appear/remain in the interior:
  • Global Window Feature (windows roll down when unlock button is held on key fob)
  • Door Lock Switch located on the doors (a la 2012)
  • Roll down rear quarter windows on Coupe (a la vert) -willing to accept (some) additional weight if crank HP is 470+
  • MAX A/C to function like all other GMs (recirculate automatically activated)
  • Door Panel Lighting to continue throughout the dash
  • More Interior Seat Color options (Red, White, Blue, Orange, Tan/Beige & Black)
  • Interior Panels available in all exterior colors and interior seat colors
  • Optional in dash GPS/NAV (Garmin or Google based)
  • Back-up Camera Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror (NAV screen used if optioned)
  • Work closer with Apple iOS & Android programers for hands free calls and music continued compatibility (to include updates)
  • Phone app Lock, Unlock, Remote Start (auto) & Panic (Arm/Disarm Alarm)
  • Optional paddle shift for manual (a la Ferrari )

Last edited by Kahdir; 12-13-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:10 AM   #2
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahdir View Post
I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseam for the 5th Gen -of which I'm quite happy with my 2010's interior... as for things that could be done better in the next iteration to help convince me to buy a 6th Gen in 2014~2015, I've put together a wishlist of things I would like to see appear/remain in the interior:
  • Global Window Feature (windows roll down when unlock button is held on key fob)
  • Door Lock Switch located on the doors (a la 2012)
  • Roll down rear quarter windows on Coupe (a la vert) -willing to accept (some) additional weight if crank HP is 470+
  • MAX A/C to function like all other GMs (recirculate automatically activated)
  • Door Panel Lighting to continue throughout the dash
  • More Interior Seat Color options (Red, With, Blue, Orange, Tan/Beige & Black)
  • Interior Panels available in all exterior colors and interior seat colors
  • Optional in dash GPS/NAV (Garmin or Google based)
  • Back-up Camera Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror (NAV screen used if optioned)
  • Work closer with Apple iOS & Android programers for hands free calls and music continued compatibility (to include updates)
  • Phone app Lock, Unlock, Remote Start (auto) & Panic (Arm/Disarm Alarm)
  • Optional paddle shift for manual (a la Ferrari )

I like the wishlist. I couldn't agree more.
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights

orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
ZL1DREAMER
Graveyard Zombie

Drives: '12 2SS/45th
Nice list. Mine would be a bit shorter but similar:

Keyless entry and start
Double din nav/stereo stock. (keep double din format so it's easy to replace without having to tear out half the dash if needed)
Better/more color selections for interior and exterior.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #4
M3NTA7

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Transformer Edition
Automatically set seat and mirror positions settings based on which key is used. We have another car that has this feature and it is very convenient because my wife and I both drive the car.
M3NTA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
SSSugar
American Muscle Car Club

Drives: '11 2SS/RS Summit White/IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3NTA7 View Post
Automatically set seat and mirror positions settings based on which key is used.
I second this idea, our friends have a Caddy that does this and it is really a nice feature.

1972 Camaro Z-28 (Baby), Haul Ass Orange w/black stripes, 350 crate motor, black powder coated wheels
License Plate: 2Cool Z

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (Spice), Inferno Orange Metallic w/painted Summit White rally stripes, LS3 6-speed (HIS) License Plate: 2Cool SS

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Sugar), Summit White w/ painted Inferno Orange Metallic rally stripes, Inferno Orange interior, L99 automatic (HERS) License Plate: 1Kool SS
SSSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #6
Gr8ride

Drives: Camaro 2Lt
As an LS owner I just hope that new cars 2013-C6 have usb-ipod capability..the only thing that really ticks me off about the LS! ...Why GM? Why do you do this??
Every other model has this.....WTF
Gr8ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Ambient light for cup holders, as well as foot well lighting and plastic door panels on all models.. the cloth irritates me :|
Old 02-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
frostbit3

Drives: 2011 1LT
Adjustable suspension for Sport mode. Adaptive cruise control, cooled seats, and crash detection system that utilizes the cruise control camera.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #9
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbit3 View Post
Adjustable suspension for Sport mode. Adaptive cruise control, cooled seats, and crash detection system that utilizes the cruise control camera.
+1 and a Touch Screen DD as oppose to the crap for a radio we have now.. (sorry I dont like it).
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #10
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Good list, the quarter window option is my favorite!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #11
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IOM L99
Some of these are not completely necessary, but here are a few I'd like to see as options.

- choice for upgraded system (like the Mustang can choose Shaker 500 or Shaker 1000 with included sub(s)

- LED turning signal in mirrors (front and rear (but it has to look good))

- air conditioned seats on 2LT, 2SS, and ZL1 (maybe Z28 too? )

- get rid of those nasty DRL's and make them fogs. Move the DRL to the halos in the headlights for the love of all Camaro Gods.

- Put the Camaro name back in the steering wheel

- NO MORE GOLD BOWTIES
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:47 PM   #12
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
I concur
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #13
GroundhogSS

Drives: '08 Envoy Denali, '06 G35 Coupe
Nice lists. I agree.
GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #14
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert / '02 M3 Vert
A sunroof with a one touch automatic close. Doesn't make any sense the didn't do this on the current model. My 08 truck has it, but the 6speed sports car does not.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #15
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
I would like to see optional Recaro Seats
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:21 AM   #16
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
- Nav System that is comparable to Ford Sync, not MyLink (unfortunately it probably will end up being that POS though)
- Less Plastic (When I say that I mean no plastic... at least in the higher end V6 and V8 Plastic can stay in the other models though)
- Full ABL, Doors, Dash, Footwells, Rear Footwells, Cup Holders....

See Ford Mustang for more details..... you guys may hate the car but there is no arguing Ford knows what they are doing when it comes to entry level performance interiors.....
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #17
Hendu

Drives: 2SS 45th Anniv LS3
It probably wouldn't happen, but dropping onStar would be nice. Going to a proprietary or different third party that would be cheaper for the consumer would rock. Ford did something right with what they did there, imo.

Mods:
Hurst short throw shifter,Heritage Grille, CAI Inc. cai, Window tint, skip shift eliminator, footwell lighting

To-Do List:
New Exhaust (or muffler delete)
P13w's
and More TBD
Hendu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:57 AM   #18
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
And last, but not least, is the opportunity to opt out of all the junk everyone above is requesting added. Sorry - I don't want a 4500 pound car because of all the gadgets and doo-dads. And I'm sure your guys' next requirements would be that the car stays at the same respective price for each model too, right? Lighted cup holders? Really? :yuck:

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:03 AM   #19
rjtssvert

Drives: 2011 2ss rs convertible
rjtssvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:04 AM   #20
Russell James

Drives: '12 SS/RS LS3 IBM
Add - Sun visors that actually shade the sun, front and extend outward to shade the entire side window. Most other GM vehicles have great visors, bring one of those visor engineers to the Camaro team. Examples... Silverado, Equinox... perfect visors.

And on a positive note, just picked up a '12 2SS... love all the improvements '12 vs '10! I'm sure it will just keep getting better in future years.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:09 AM   #21
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
And last, but not least, is the opportunity to opt out of all the junk everyone above is requesting added. Sorry - I don't want a 4500 pound car because of all the gadgets and doo-dads. And I'm sure your guys' next requirements would be that the car stays at the same respective price for each model too, right? Lighted cup holders? Really? :yuck:
If Ford can do it with out the car being morbidly obese then Chevy had better hope that they can....

and for what it's worth the GT500 and 5.0 GT cost less than the ZL1 and SS for a base model and around the same fully loaded and it comes with an interior that continues to kick the Camaro in the balls and proceed to make it watch while it has its way with it's wife.....
Old 02-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #22
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3NTA7 View Post
Automatically set seat and mirror positions settings based on which key is used. We have another car that has this feature and it is very convenient because my wife and I both drive the car.
I would settle for Memory seats with abutton like other GM cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedveins View Post
Ambient light for cup holders, as well as foot well lighting and plastic door panels on all models.. the cloth irritates me :|
Full dash ABL was meant to be in 2010 models but they couldn't perfect it in time for production. So many people have done it aftermarket, why can't GM get it? They've now had 3 years to work on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorw24 View Post
Good list, the quarter window option is my favorite!
I don't see the need for such a small window to move anywhere unless it's a vert.

Quote:
Weight is an issue but many of the suggested improvements would add minimal weight.
Why not automatic dual zone HVAC. Maybe in an additional trim level with Nav as well.
Edit: Oh ya, phone app for locks is an excellent option. Locking the key in is one thing but who locks their phone AND key in? Without Onstar I had to call PopaLock once. Also found out that without the key in the ignition, ALL buttons in the car are dead. I didn't renew Onstar because it's not worth the price for getting doors unlocked when we have GM roadside and a cell phone. A phone that could open the door with the app.

For the people with LS cars, upgrade to at least LT or stop whing! You bought a base model. Duh!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #23
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
Weight is an issue but many of the suggested improvements would add minimal weight.
Why not automatic dual zone HVAC. Maybe in an additional trim level with Nav as well.
Edit: Oh ya, phone app for locks is an excellent option. Locking the key in is one thing but who locks their phone AND key in? Without Onstar I had to call PopaLock once. Also found out that without the key in the ignition, ALL buttons in the car are dead. I didn't renew Onstar because it's not worth the price for getting doors unlocked when we have GM roadside and a cell phone. A phone that could open the door with the app.

For the people with LS cars, upgrade to at least LT or stop whing! You bought a base model. Duh!
If you have OnStar, you already have the phone app available -- MyLink lets you lock/unlock/start your car. To have an app that can unlock your car, it *must* have some sort of connectivity... connectivity that is only going to come with OnStar.

I guess having a 2012 (even though it's an LS) we are a little more spoiled with a little bit more refined dash to break up the sea of plastic. I would have rathered a 2010-2011 steering wheel, but I'm not complaining. I think the interior was spot on.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #24
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
If you have OnStar, you already have the phone app available -- MyLink lets you lock/unlock/start your car. To have an app that can unlock your car, it *must* have some sort of connectivity... connectivity that is only going to come with OnStar.

I guess having a 2012 (even though it's an LS) we are a little more spoiled with a little bit more refined dash to break up the sea of plastic. I would have rathered a 2010-2011 steering wheel, but I'm not complaining. I think the interior was spot on.
MyLink is also the name of Chevy's crappy answer to Ford Sync and Dodge/ Chrysler UConnect.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #25
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

It may be crappy (your opinion, not mine) but it works [it unlocks the vehicle, etc]. It's just a gimmick app anyway.