Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-28-2016, 10:43 AM   #15
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacko37 View Post
what do you think about the hawk 5.0 pad for a daily/autocross/1 track day a year car?
I think they'd be fine for street and autocross - that's more or less what they're intended for.

They aren't track pads by any stretch of the imagination. Sure, they'd probably hold up for a cautiously driven introductory track day with the stipulation that you remained aware of their shortcomings at that activity and drove accordingly every lap of every session (and maybe took an easy lap every so often where you didn't use them anywhere near as hard). But that's working at cross-purposes to the reason you're out there in the first place . . .

Norm
Old 07-28-2016, 12:27 PM   #16
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
The HPS stands for Heart Pounding Scare lol. the worst track day brakes ive ever had was on HPS. imo stock pads would be better. a novice that doesnt over drive could get by on dot 4 fluid and HP+ pads. they arent the best track pad but would work for street and an occasional track day.
if ya got the cash just get yourself a motive bleeder, a set of good track pads and learn how to do your own brakes. youll feel like a stud and save money in the long run. i dont DD my car so its got DTG 70s all around. believe it or not, my brakes dont make much noise at all. now dust. lol thats a different story.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 01:22 PM   #17
naikaidriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
The HPS stands for Heart Pounding Scare lol. the worst track day brakes ive ever had was on HPS. imo stock pads would be better. a novice that doesnt over drive could get by on dot 4 fluid and HP+ pads. they arent the best track pad but would work for street and an occasional track day.
if ya got the cash just get yourself a motive bleeder, a set of good track pads and learn how to do your own brakes. youll feel like a stud and save money in the long run. i dont DD my car so its got DTG 70s all around. believe it or not, my brakes dont make much noise at all. now dust. lol thats a different story.
I about died laughing when I read this! I'm going to tell the rest of my Camaro club the true definition of HPS! I love it!

I just did a track day yesterday on my Hawk HP+ pads in 97 degree heat. My calipers were 420 degrees after a cool down lap and parking in the pits. The HP+ pads held up just fine. I had them on my FRS as well and loved them for track days and autocross. If you can live with the dust, they're fine for daily driving but I'm putting my stock pads back on in the off-season.

Scott
Diablo T1000 with Phastek custom tune, K&N Intake, Hurst Short-Throw Shifter, Flowmaster, Outlaw II Exhaust, BMR 1" Lowering Springs, BMR 3-way Adjustable Anti-Roll Bars, BMR End Links and Reinforcement Brackets, BMR Trailing Arms, ZL1 wheels, Nitto NT555 G2 Tires, Z28-style Rear Spoiler, Hawk Plus Brake Pads, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceramic, hawk, hps, pads