Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-16-2017, 07:58 PM   #57
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeR View Post
It's a fantastic car to drive in all conditions. It's not a faberege egg. I like to keep mine super clean three seasons and let loose in the winter. No major damage is done that a little driveway detailing can't fix. I like admiring everyone's show quality rides. You guys do a great job. I just enjoy a stress free ride down the road where a rock chip doesn't ruin my day.
totally agree. YOLO! If you keep the car in a bubble and never drive it, it will be worth maybe $500 more at the end of the day than someone who used theirs everyday.
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:00 PM   #58
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
I don't usually photograph my car dirty so this from last year is the best I have. She's spotless at the moment.

Xpel wrap on the front and Sottozero winter tires in OE size on OE rims
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:26 PM   #59
Oil Man

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2018 ZL1 A10 (RIPx2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Delgado View Post
California today has some very real issues so you might want to re-think how you feel about the second amendment. A simple youtube search has enough videos to scare us to stay out of California, plus your smog laws.
Very true. As a native and a an owner of all sorts of things that make loud noises and emit carbon, I've had a front-row seat for the erosion of our liberties here, one knee-jerk at a time. The comical work-arounds for AR-15 legalities in recent years could fill a book, and now we will need to have background checks to buy ammunition come new year's. They didn't bother to give anyone a blueprint of how that would work, they just passed a law.

It's all a huge overreach, and ultimately, I think all of this insanity will get slapped down in the highest courts. You might even have another landmark opinion from the Supremes.

Until then, I take some small comfort in the knowledge that there's a huge difference between a law, and the political will to enforce it. As offensive and wrong as these laws are, I know that there are VERY few, if any, peace officers in this state that are keen on enforcing this stuff.

Smog laws are a parallel, and equally frustrating battle. Let's just say that I am very weary of having people who can command jet aircraft for their private transportation tell me how destructive my car is.

Sorry for the left turn off topic. Just wanted to address your comment.

The weather here is great, and if you are fortunate enough to be able to afford it, it's a great place to live. But I don't blame anyone from the rest of the country for wanting to avoid it like the plague.
Oil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:29 PM   #60
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Man View Post
Smog laws are a parallel, and equally frustrating battle. Let's just say that I am very weary of having people who can command jet aircraft for their private transportation tell me how destructive my car is.

LOL, that is funny, I agree. It's funny when Oprah tells you to save the earth, yet flies from like Chicago to Santa Barbara daily. Or even as much as I love Leonardo DiCaprio, he talks about climate change, then hops on a 150ft diesel yacht with 20 models (not that I wouldn't do the same if i had his money
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:40 PM   #61
Oil Man

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2018 ZL1 A10 (RIPx2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
LOL, that is funny, I agree. It's funny when Oprah tells you to save the earth, yet flies from like Chicago to Santa Barbara daily. Or even as much as I love Leonardo DiCaprio, he talks about climate change, then hops on a 150ft diesel yacht with 20 models (not that I wouldn't do the same if i had his money
A jumbo jet can burn over 40000 gallons of Jet A on a single flight. Raw, uncatalyzed exhaust gas. On a busy travel day, there may be over 12000 jet aircraft in flight at any given time. Do the math from there.
Oil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:03 AM   #62
MoreSpeed

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by draph View Post
Can you post a close-up of the front? Curious to see front caliper clearance with the 6-pot Brembos. ...still Camaro shopping - will be a year-rounder and debating about 1LE or not and whether the big brakes and tires are worth the trade-off of expense (replacement and winter wheel/tire package required), tire noise on the daily commute, and hydroplaning when it's raining on the daily commute.
Plenty of clearance with 19"s on the ZL1.
Attached Images

Sold 2010 997 GT3, 2016 WRX, 2006 997 C2S, 2003 996 C4S, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 E420 AMG
etc..
MoreSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:46 PM   #63
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreSpeed View Post
I posted these in another thread, but this ZL1 is my favorite winter car EVER! Doing an on-ramp and looked down... 107MPH... oops. I guess I had enough speed to merge in. My SUV is soul-sucking!
Huh, I figured you'd be having fun with the Rex during the winter.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:14 PM   #64
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Man View Post
A jumbo jet can burn over 40000 gallons of Jet A on a single flight. Raw, uncatalyzed exhaust gas. On a busy travel day, there may be over 12000 jet aircraft in flight at any given time. Do the math from there.
Not exactly, although one of the chief concerns is nitrous oxides as a byproduct of combustion, turbine engine development is highly focused towards efficient combustion that removes as many particulates and emissions. You'd have more of a point if you were talking about old inefficient turbojet engines, but modern turbofan engines are quite a different thing, incredibly efficient and not putting out nearly as many raw chemicals as say a diesel truck.
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #65
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Nothing better than a thread where people will come in and complain about what you do with your car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:04 PM   #66
Fifty SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer2 View Post
A little winter dirt?
Is the rock salt taking a toll on your rear quarter panels in front of the rear wheels (i.e. rock chips)? I see you have the GM Splash Guards installed, so hopefully that helps!

Eric
2017 Camaro 2SS Coupe - FIFTY #299; H50, M5U, NPP, RIK. Purchased 22Feb17.
Fifty SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:52 PM   #67

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Took this pic today after a wash (underside too is just as clean as it was new)....Almost 7 years old...21K miles....Been out in rain maybe twice so far in its life...ugh..lol....First battery lasted over 6 years....Maybe start tracking it again...It's got some hard miles on it...Garage queen for sure, though...I love this car, will never sell it...

Name:  Image0243.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  94.5 KB
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:05 PM   #68
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Beautiful!!

Mine sleeps in the garage, hibernates all winter, and I prefer to take the Sonic back and forth to work 3 days a week (crappy parking lot) or when it rains heavily...but it also breathes fire out on the track...

So...does that make it a garage monster?
Old 12-18-2017, 08:07 AM   #69
Skyset

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Coupe
Just took this
Attached Images

Skyset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:01 PM   #70
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyset View Post
Just took this