Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-31-2015, 08:09 AM   #169
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Just the weight alone, 200lbs = ~.2 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile. That's a huge deal. Then factor in the hp/tq increase on top of that...
Old 03-31-2015, 08:09 AM   #170
Phidelt59

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Well my lease is up on my 13 SS in Feb 2016. Chevy take more of my money please!!
Phidelt59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:14 AM   #171
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Let's hear a big HELL YES !!!!!
to a cell phone jammer.

I just want one that has about a two car range.
ummmm blue tooth? I can use my cell phone without being distracted
Old 03-31-2015, 08:18 AM   #172
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
not even close...the 1997 Camaro? 15 MILLION build combinations -- trust me on this as I did the math. We built 60 thousand Camaros that year. The costs to offer those 15 million build combinations was one of the reasons that the car went away for a while..........

How many 'stripped' Camaros do we build? Go look at the build numbers as they're on this site. The reality is that the number is very small. The car MUST be appealing to a wide audience in order to be successful. Not everyone wants a seat warmer - but some do - so you must offer it as part of a package. Same for power seats....there was huge outrage when we didn't offer a power passenger seat in the 2010 Camaro. We listened to the customer and it's now part of a package. It's never easy to make any of these decisions - but listening to the customer -- the voice of the collective customer -- makes a successful automobile. No, we won't make everyone happy - we're not about to put manual windows in a Camaro as the costs to do so are staggering. (engineering two types of door innards and wiring harnesses...)
Thanks for the Correction, I guess my 60+ year old memory lost a couple zeros over the years.....
Old 03-31-2015, 09:23 AM   #173
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
NO, It's going to be considerably more. I have heard strong rumors of that. If you look at Silverado and Tahoe and Stingray(compared to previous models)....you'll see where the trend is headed.

It's all in the interior and "options" that everyone cries for....then doesn't wanna pay for.

Almost every car has increased price at higher rates lately, even the Mustang. Inflation, more features...doesn't matter when it is an industry trend not car specific. Corvette definitely jumped a good bit, but since it has no real competition even remotely in it's price range and a host of new premium materials, nothing to keep it's price lower.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:36 AM   #174
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
200lbs is a HUGE deal, considering most cars of this caliper are gaining weight.. A 3700'is stock SS will destroy the mustang GT. The challenger wont even be contender. At least thats what im guessing from this press release.
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:18 AM   #175
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
This will take a lot of pressure off competing with the Mustang, even more that some of the weight savings comes from unsprung components. It will be interesting to see if Ford reacts with a light weight Mustang a model year or two from now.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:22 AM   #176
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Almost every car has increased price at higher rates lately, even the Mustang. Inflation, more features...doesn't matter when it is an industry trend not car specific. Corvette definitely jumped a good bit, but since it has no real competition even remotely in it's price range and a host of new premium materials, nothing to keep it's price lower.
Selling more cars at a lower price does not always equal more profit in total. If GM can sell fewer low mpg cars at high markup, then they win twice.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:26 AM   #177
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
This will take a lot of pressure off competing with the Mustang, even more that some of the weight savings comes from unsprung components. It will be interesting to see if Ford reacts with a light weight Mustang a model year or two from now.
It's harder to cut weight on an existing platform without drastic (and possibly expensive) measures, just look what Chevy had to do on the Z/28 to save weight.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:36 AM   #178
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
Selling more cars at a lower price does not always equal more profit in total. If GM can sell fewer low mpg cars at high markup, then they win twice.
Selling large volumes has its own multiple wins... parts sales, decreased market share for competitors, dealership services, better supplier discounts, etc. If you're not taking up marketshare, even with low margins, you can bet someone else will be in a hyper-competive sales market like cars.
Capricio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:18 PM   #179
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
It's harder to cut weight on an existing platform without drastic (and possibly expensive) measures, just look what Chevy had to do on the Z/28 to save weight.
Agree. Mustang is not going to be losing any significant weight any time soon. Maybe a little here or there, but I kind of doubt that as well.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:13 PM   #180
That_old_guy

Drives: 2016 Jetta sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Yeah, we've had that discussion before, and you're right, I guess I'm a dying breed...Someone that enjoys the drive more than the destination...

I'm just ticked off at all these new safety measures they're cramming down our throats, my "Collision Mitigation System" (that's what Meritor Wabco calls it) activated on an overpass today, engaged the brakes and almost shoved a truck up my butt. Some [edited for political rhetoric] put crap on my truck that I can't control, and even more so, that takes control away from me... I don't like it. A lot.

Tell the engineers to invent a device that will disable cell reception in a moving vehicle. THAT'S collision mitigation I can support!
THIS!!
That_old_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:33 PM   #181
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_old_guy View Post
THIS!!
From another old guy:

While I agree with you for the most part, these new systems can also be politely reminding us that our driving habits have gotten TOO SLOPPY.

Tailgating, cutting others off, getting too close before we switch lanes - these & a lot more happens way too much nowadays and it's possible that these systems may start reminding us when we should be scaling back the throttle in accordance with what's around us.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:59 PM   #182
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
ummmm blue tooth? I can use my cell phone without being distracted
No.... you can't.

It's been proven time and time again, you can't do a basic calculation in your head while maneuvering a vehicle. In the middle of nowhere on a straight stretch of highway with little traffic, yes, but start adding distractions and your multi-tasking score drops to fail.

How many times have you yelled, or wanted to yell, "HANG UP AND DRIVE!"

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro pounds, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 camaro weighs, 2016 camaro weight, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2016 chevy camaro pounds, 2016 chevy camaro weight, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen camaro weight, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation