Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #71
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Good thread!

All I want for Christmas is a 6th-gen Camaro that:

1) Evolves from and improves the current design, rather than being something totally new and different. No need for that - the design language in our car looks phenomenal. The only two things I'd change if I were in charge would be to lower the belt-line, and sit the driver lower in the car.

2) Puts performance just as high on the totem pole as design. One example underlines them all....which the concept car looked amazing, standard 20" heavy wheels on a performance model probably hurt some of it's potential. This time around - there's no concept car to impede performance goals....

3) Includes some of the new Corvette's electronic gizmos and gadgets...namely, the Driver Mode Selector tool that lets the driver turn things on and off. NPP exhaust is great, Mag Ride is great, AFM, and PTM is great! Camaro should, like the Corvette, integrate them all together in one fantastic feature that no-one else has.

4) Offer Magnetic Ride Control on the SS-level performance model (crossing my fingers you call the next-gen SS a Z28 instead).

5) Incorporates a slightly-more driver-focused interior that relies less on wild shapes and individual design elements, and more on function and overall design...again, sort of like Corvette.

I promise you this, Camaro team...if you can put out an next-gen Camaro that meets these key personal items for me...I'll buy it.

- LT1...or whatever engine is ready for Camaro at the time...I just like all those fuel economy and performance goodies...

- Manual Transmission...duh

- Magnetic Ride Control

- Awesome 5th-gen evolved design that keeps that chopped-roof, low-slung look.

- Seating position is lower than 5th-gen

- Fantastic segment-appropriate interior (don't need all the leather or real Carbon Fiber like Corvette...but less exposed plastic would be nice)

- Driver Mode Selector

- Active Exhaust

- Black split-spoke wheels

- Optional, or standard, super-sticky rubber

- Aerodynamic vents/belly pans...things I can point to and brag about.

- That new "cheap" sprayed-carbon fiber or Fiberglass body panels

- Great brakes

- Limited-slip differential, and all the coolers to go racing with.

- Priced around 40-45k for all this stuff...

I love my ZL1, by the way. Awesome job!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #72
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by karguy View Post
The current camaro is not a bad looking car but the interior,trunk and huge blind spots are nothing to write home about.
I see you drive an 02...I wanted to comment without trying to discredit your opinions....

The interior of this gen car is at least as good or better than the Mustang's unimaginative one. I really enjoy it, and it's impressed every person that's sat inside, to date...some even saying "wow, this is REALLY nice..."

The trunk is VERY functional (ask me how I got a 10x10 tent in there), the opening was just a little on the small side

The blind spots don't exist if you adjust the mirrors properly...And the parts of the car that make it look so awesome contribute to that visibility thing: you can't have one without loosing the other.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, as you said earlier...but based on your comments, I can't help but wonder if you've ever driven one?
Old 01-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #73
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
I know a lot of speculation about what and when but a few hints for the developers of the new Camaro.
I really don't care if it will be retro or modern to attract the fast and furious crowd as long as the new Camaro will be lighter,good looking and has a better outward visibility than the current version !
The current car has to many practical diusadvantages due to the slightly cartoonish design that unfortunately is not as clean as the origional.
I hope those mistakes won't be repeated !
I also hope the new one will also get a practical hatchback with a useful trunk.
Good visibility for lane changing,parking and putting the car on the track !
Analog gauges !
An LT1 V8 with 450 hp and 3400 lbs max.
Please a button to deactivate cylinder deactivation...
Good mpg is great but please not at the expense of no V-8 sound at low rpm...
And keep it affordable.
Around $35K for the V-8 version !
The new one can't come soon enough...
If you go the retro route the first,70 Z-28 and 89 IROC are still the better looking Camaros of all time.
I still would love to drive an 88-89 IROC with better build quality,better brakes,IRS and LS-3 engine !
Better looking than gen4 and gen5 and more practical to boot !
Bring IROC back to stir up the interest...
And you want all of that priced at $35,000

Old 01-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #74
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Mr Wyndham I wholeheartedly agree with your 1st post.
I would by this Camaro,too !
But I don't need AFM or if it should be able to be deactivated for people who don't like to sacrifice good V-8 sound for 2mpg...
Yes I testdrove the new SS when it came out in 2010 with my tongue hanging out and money in my hand.
But after the testdrive I was very disappointed because of the lack of visibility...
The missing hatchback sealed the deal for me as reason to hang on to my gen4...
With the new for 013 backup camera I might give it a second chance but quick lane changes are still scary...
The good news with regards to AFM is...they've improved its operation significantly compared to the current system...and there is a button in the new Corvette that lets drivers turn it off. It's part of that driver mode selector I mentioned...I would hope they'd include that in a performance-minded Camaro, too.

Quick lane-changes?? Be aware, man!! (Or use those ridiculously-long side windows to see what's next to you!
Old 01-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #75
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Mr Wyndham I wholeheartedly agree with your 1st post.
I would by this Camaro,too !
But I don't need AFM or if it should be able to be deactivated for people who don't like to sacrifice good V-8 sound for 2mpg...
Yes I testdrove the new SS when it came out in 2010 with my tongue hanging out and money in my hand.
But after the testdrive I was very disappointed because of the lack of visibility...
The missing hatchback sealed the deal for me as reason to hang on to my gen4...
With the new for 013 backup camera I might give it a second chance but quick lane changes are still scary...
Rest assured that a hatchback would be a deal breaker for me! Bigger trunk? I will not be buying a Camaro for it's trunk size, I'm looking for a great performance vehicle, if I need to carry more than what will fit in the trunk I've got a Blazer and a 2500 Express van. Bring back IROC? Do you really want to bring back a model name based on a racing series that no longer exists? Not to mention that when IROC's assets were sold at auction a couple of years ago, I think someone (not GM/Chevy) did pick up the IROC name rights.
Clyde

Last edited by wildpaws; 01-19-2013 at 06:51 PM.
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #76
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Functional vents. No more cosmetic vents that do not do anything but allow us to put a scanner bar in it.

Blake

https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #77
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I see you drive an 02...I wanted to comment without trying to discredit your opinions....

The interior of this gen car is at least as good or better than the Mustang's unimaginative one. I really enjoy it, and it's impressed every person that's sat inside, to date...some even saying "wow, this is REALLY nice..."

The trunk is VERY functional (ask me how I got a 10x10 tent in there), the opening was just a little on the small side

The blind spots don't exist if you adjust the mirrors properly...And the parts of the car that make it look so awesome contribute to that visibility thing: you can't have one without loosing the other.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, as you said earlier...but based on your comments, I can't help but wonder if you've ever driven one?
B&*(& please, the only thing with more hard plastic than the Camaro is a Fisher Price Cozy Coupe.

Both cars need an update on the Interior (Camaro Needs the Materials, Mustang Needs the Design [I love both them though])

There is nothing award wining about the Camaro's interior, either car for that matter, that Concept Camaro Interior and Giugario Mustang Interior though

The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #78
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
wildpaws for a great performance vehicle the camaro unfoirtunately is too heavy because it was build on a platform used for heavy australian 4-door sedans;zeta.What they did with the 1LE is pretty impressive,though.But imagine how it could have run with 500lbs like the 4th gen?
What is wrong with a decent sized trunk with easy access via hatchback like the Corvette and 3rd/4th gen Camaro?
I thought IROC was a great idea.Same what BMW did with their BoxerCup race series.Put racers in the same cars/motorcycles and let the driver/rider and not the material decide.Makes for exciting racing and generates customer interest !
#1 We are not talking about the 5th gen Camaro, we are talking about the 6th gen Camaro that will be on the smaller and lighter weight Alpha chassis, so I don't understand your point or what you are talking about, the Zeta chassis is irrelevant to this discussion, this is a 6th gen discussion thread. Suppose I don't like hatchbacks, that's what my statement was about, you like hatchbacks, I don't and stated simply that it would be a deal breaker for me. And quite frankly, I've never liked the 3rd/4th gen Camaros from a styling standpoint. Again you missed the point with IROC. Chevy had to pay the owner of the IROC name (which at that point was IROC itself) a fee for each and every IROC Camaro they built, the IROC series is gone, all their assets were sold at auction and Chevy/GM does not own those rights nor can they use the name unless the current IROC name owner makes some sort of arrangement with GM/Chevy.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #79
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
B&*(& please, the only thing with more hard plastic than the Camaro is a Fisher Price Cozy Coupe.

There is nothing award wining about the Camaro's interior

Sometimes I feel we have unrealistically high standards around here...and every time a member of general public sits in my car and there eyes get big, I'm reassured my suspicions are indeed...true.

And the Camaro's interior did, actually...win an award. A pretty big one.
http://www.camaro5.com/camaro-wins-b...t-wardsautocom

**This post was an exercise in animated gifs...I spend approximately 10x the time locating appropriate images, than I did typing this message.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #80
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Rest assured that a hatchback would be a deal breaker for me! Bigger trunk? I will not be buying a Camaro for it's trunk size, I'm looking for a great performance vehicle, if I need to carry more than what will fit in the trunk I've got a Blazer and a 2500 Express van. Bring back IROC? Do you really want to bring back a model name based on a racing series that no longer exists? Not to mention that when IROC's assets were sold at auction a couple of years ago, I think someone (not GM/Chevy) did pick up the IROC name rights.
Clyde

I agree!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #81
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
#1 We are not talking about the 5th gen Camaro, we are talking about the 6th gen Camaro that will be on the smaller and lighter weight Alpha chassis, so I don't understand your point or what you are talking about, the Zeta chassis is irrelevant to this discussion, this is a 6th gen discussion thread. Suppose I don't like hatchbacks, that's what my statement was about, you like hatchbacks, I don't and stated simply that it would be a deal breaker for me. And quite frankly, I've never liked the 3rd/4th gen Camaros from a styling standpoint. Again you missed the point with IROC. Chevy had to pay the owner of the IROC name (which at that point was IROC itself) a fee for each and every IROC Camaro they built, the IROC series is gone, all their assets were sold at auction and Chevy/GM does not own those rights nor can they use the name unless the current IROC name owner makes some sort of arrangement with GM/Chevy.
Clyde
I agree again! IROC is dead at this point.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #82
parkerss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
I know a lot of speculation about what and when but a few hints for the developers of the new Camaro.
I really don't care if it will be retro or modern to attract the fast and furious crowd as long as the new Camaro will be lighter,good looking and has a better outward visibility than the current version !
The current car has to many practical diusadvantages due to the slightly cartoonish design that unfortunately is not as clean as the origional.
I hope those mistakes won't be repeated !
I also hope the new one will also get a practical hatchback with a useful trunk.
Good visibility for lane changing,parking and putting the car on the track !
Analog gauges !
An LT1 V8 with 450 hp and 3400 lbs max.
Please a button to deactivate cylinder deactivation...
Good mpg is great but please not at the expense of no V-8 sound at low rpm...
And keep it affordable.
Around $35K for the V-8 version !
The new one can't come soon enough...
If you go the retro route the first,70 Z-28 and 89 IROC are still the better looking Camaros of all time.
I still would love to drive an 88-89 IROC with better build quality,better brakes,IRS and LS-3 engine !
Better looking than gen4 and gen5 and more practical to boot !
Bring IROC back to stir up the interest...
Sounds like you need a Vega...light,fast,hatchback and lots of glass to see out of :P
A Camaro was not designed to haul stuff around in the trunk,it wasnt designed so you could go sight seeing,it wasnt designed to be a world class lightweight super car. AND IT SURE DOESNT LOOK LIKE A CARTOON!! It was designed for the kid in all of us that wants to go fast and have a GREAT looking car....sure it aint perfect...but what is perfect? Shit a Lambo you can barley see out of it.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #83
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

To be fair -- pull into an angled parking spot then attempt to back out and tell me the blind spots don't exist. No matter how much you adjust your mirrors, you are 100% blind when you back out of an angled parking spot. Period.

OK - Unless you're a contortionist.

Or have a 3 foot long neck.

Or can see through metal.

Or installed your own mirrors.

Or installed your own side-view camera system.

Otherwise, you're blind as a bat. I can't tell you how many times I've had to back out of spot thinking "Well, I hope no one is coming... and if they are, I hope they're quick to toot the horn."

I just hope it doesn't have such a high belt line. The side windows are way too small in height. With no t-tops, the 5th gen hard top will always be a second choice cruiser with my '94 Camaro being first choice. "Cruising" on a warm weather summer day with the portholes-passing-for-windows is absolutely no comparison to being able to pop t-tops off in my 4th gen and REALLY cruise. Sadly, unless they went with a targa top I don't think I'll ever be able to own a hardtop Camaro again - convertible versions only moving forward.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #84
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
I don't have Problem backing up. Like the car just like it is. Wife uses it as a DD and has no problems.
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation