Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2017 Camaro Fest (VII)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-28-2017, 08:42 AM   #29
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Not for drag racing or autocross. Noise limits are only at NCM.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:05 PM   #30
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
So I heard back from mlee on the class combining if we decide on that. What he said is LLT people were mad going against LFX people with a Tune & Headers now not sure the story I wasn't there. What I gleamed is there wasn't enough for both class brackets so they combined them and of course stock isn't going to beat a modified Camaro 99% of the time. He said we'll need to make this decision formal before july timeframe is my guess so i'll be making a new thread where we can announce ourselves and get a better idea of the turnout before we make any decisions.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:21 AM   #31
rwi2112
Green Manalishi

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
So I heard back from mlee on the class combining if we decide on that. What he said is LLT people were mad going against LFX people with a Tune & Headers now not sure the story I wasn't there. What I gleamed is there wasn't enough for both class brackets so they combined them and of course stock isn't going to beat a modified Camaro 99% of the time. He said we'll need to make this decision formal before july timeframe is my guess so i'll be making a new thread where we can announce ourselves and get a better idea of the turnout before we make any decisions.
My 2010 LLT with cat backs, cai and hypertech out ran a stock LFX that a guy brought out from Hertz. It was the turbo and nitrous guys that concerned me. Old Yeller said we could go heads up for fun though this year
rwi2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 05:53 AM   #32
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Yes Sir, Heads up N/A vs N/A. Just so it is clear, I do not mean N/A = Nitrous Assisited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwi2112;.9533684
My 2010 LLT with cat backs, cai and hypertech out ran a stock LFX that a guy brought out from Hertz. It was the turbo and nitrous guys that concerned me. Old Yeller said we could go heads up for fun though this year
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 07:41 PM   #33
racergirl

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS A6 Camaro
Just my 2cents, the fairest way to separate the V6s is to have power adders and naturally aspirated. And if we need more guys, we have the 4 cylinders run with the naturally aspirated V6 guys.

Former Camaro: 2013 2LS
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:13 PM   #34
RubyCamaro
Jan

Agree.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:36 PM   #35
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
Just my 2cents, the fairest way to separate the V6s is to have power adders and naturally aspirated. And if we need more guys, we have the 4 cylinders run with the naturally aspirated V6 guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Agree.
Some of us 4 cylinders are running what a power added V6 runs though. I mean we can't compete with Nitrous or a full on supercharged 5th gen atm but most of us could easily hang with Bolt-On and Tuned V6's pretty well if not better depending on the driver. I mean we haven't seen a 300hp+ Bolt-On tuned V6 without the cam package that didn't run to well until you guys added Nitrous or FI to the V6 which is why I went with the I4.

I'm just looking forward to getting some experience under me and having a great time. But putting a bolt-on tuned I4 against a stock V6 is gonna cause the same issues that happened last fest with N/A vs. Power Adders.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 01-31-2017, 08:56 PM   #36
RubyCamaro
Jan

I'm confused. Sounds to me like you agree???? I am bolt on's & tune V6 but naturally aspirated and I can't compete with a well driven V6 with power adders but would have no problem racing a power adders I4 if there are not enough for separate classes.

I will run in whatever class they put me in. May even run bracket and will line up beside anyone at all. I'm just not sure I understand your point. Am I missing something?
Old 01-31-2017, 10:04 PM   #37
racergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I'm confused. Sounds to me like you agree???? I am bolt on's & tune V6 but naturally aspirated and I can't compete with a well driven V6 with power adders but would have no problem racing a power adders I4 if there are not enough for separate classes.

I will run in whatever class they put me in. May even run bracket and will line up beside anyone at all. I'm just not sure I understand your point. Am I missing something?
Same. If I run without spray, no way can I compete with a power adder. Its common sense

Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
Old 01-31-2017, 10:14 PM   #38
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

I think where "MY" confusion is the definition of power adder and N/A sure if your bolt-on and tuned your still technically N/A but you've also added power adders to your car so it may be the definition we're using to classify power adders and N/A separately that i'm not understanding. You can be an N/A bolt-ons and tuned like you've mentioned but your going to wipe the floor with a truly stock none modded Camaro almost everytime which may also cause arguments in true bracket racing. I'm not looking to step on any toes whatsoever it's just the definitions and how we're classifying leave a lot of argument and sore points for people that may need to be addressed clearly beforehand so nobody gets mad.

I'll run whatever class you guys feel I4 should go with if we need the extra racers to get a full bracket in but I just don't want people doing to me what they did to etmx183 last fest is all. It ruins all the excitement even if I don't win anything.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:26 PM   #39
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Yeah I totally understand where this could cause problems; heck if I just had a CAI and a tune I would not want to be racing against Trent
It would be awesome if we had enough V6 and I4 guys to have the following breakdown;
-Stock
-Bolt-ons
-Power Adders (FI and/or Nitrous)
Old 01-31-2017, 10:53 PM   #40
racergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I think where "MY" confusion is the definition of power adder and N/A sure if your bolt-on and tuned your still technically N/A but you've also added power adders to your car so it may be the definition we're using to classify power adders and N/A separately that i'm not understanding. You can be an N/A bolt-ons and tuned like you've mentioned but your going to wipe the floor with a truly stock none modded Camaro almost everytime which may also cause arguments in true bracket racing. I'm not looking to step on any toes whatsoever it's just the definitions and how we're classifying leave a lot of argument and sore points for people that may need to be addressed clearly beforehand so nobody gets mad.

I'll run whatever class you guys feel I4 should go with if we need the extra racers to get a full bracket in but I just don't want people doing to me what they did to etmx183 last fest is all. It ruins all the excitement even if I don't win anything.
N/A is ANY bolt-on: cold air intake, headers, tune, cat-back, etc. Even if you just put a cold air intake, you're considered a bolt-on car. You are no longer a stock car at that point. So if you have a tune and cold air intake you're a N/A car and run in that class. N/A and bolt-on is often used interchangeably
Power adder is forced induction: so turbo, supercharger, nitrous.

Last edited by racergirl; 01-31-2017 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:15 AM   #41
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
N/A is ANY bolt-on: cold air intake, headers, tune, cat-back, etc. Even if you just put a cold air intake, you're considered a bolt-on car. You are no longer a stock car at that point. So if you have a tune and cold air intake you're a N/A car and run in that class. N/A and bolt-on is often used interchangeably
Power adder is forced induction: so turbo, supercharger, nitrous.
^^^ What the Lady said ^^
Good thing about nitrous ( We ) can go N/A or F/I. That is why I'm offering N/A runs to keep some peace this Fest with those that want to run me.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:05 AM   #42
RubyCamaro
Jan

Hopefully we have a good turnout of folks who actually show up to race among V6 and I4 so we can have more classes. Frankly, unless the turnout is huge, it is actually more fun to run against dissimilar cars than to have just a few cars in a class of similar cars. Not much glory in coming in 1st, 2nd or 3rd out of 4 or 5 cars. The absolute most fun to me is winning against someone who by all rights should have wiped the floor with you (said the lady dubbed by others SSlayer). I won't complain no matter how the classes end up or whether I win or lose as long as I get to run. I just hope everyone remembers that the most important part is to have fun.