Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 08-04-2013, 04:15 AM   #29
delta6
USN-MSC

Drives: 2012 Camaro TF3 #427
I dunno..it looks like a downgrade instead of an upgrade from the 5th gen. Don't get me wrong...you have skills...I'm just giving my 2c.

Maybe a little futuristic design like the new stingray...more LED...innovative but sporty looking...

GunnyG's design looks nice though...although I don't know what's going on with the lower door/side skirt area...it looks like it got bent or something.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:44 AM   #30
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
The entire thing looks like a wide body kit try narrowing the car down and make the grill fit the front end more proportional. The tail lights scream foreign super car.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #31
rickr9504

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1 LE
it's not bad, it's just that this car would starve air because of the front lower grille being too small. Remember Chevrolet redesigned the front because they discovered most of the air in the engine was coming from the bottom.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #32
Wanna-Play

Drives: 2012 camaro Silver 2-Lt
Nice Pics

Renderings 5 & 6 are very good, Ugly round lights are a thing of the past!!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #33
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedveins View Post
The entire thing looks like a wide body kit try narrowing the car down and make the grill fit the front end more proportional. The tail lights scream foreign super car.
At least they wouldn't be calling it a prelude.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #34
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
No criticism here, what you've done would be great for a refresh and I like the thought that went into it.

If you are looking to fix most of what's wrong with the Camaro styling though, you haven't changed the underlying car very much.

On the current car the belt line is toooooo high, the roof tooooooo slammed. The fenders are too high and the rear is toooooo ummm big. It's just hard to maneuver as those styling attributes make the car drive even bigger than it is.

Your proportions indicate no change in the size of the car, just a rework of the current car. And again, that looks great!

If you (like 99% of the rest of the people here on Camaro5) want a 3500 pound Camaro, it has to get smaller.

Love all of your details, I'd just like to see them applied to a car with the hoped for smaller proportions and less of the elements that have hindered the current design.

My predictions for the next Camaro is it will be a much more livable car. It will have better visibility, more refinement and be a much better car for the non V8 crowd. And then when you put the V8 in ........ magic will happen.

I believe that short of some of the technology and Full Time AWD the next Camaro will be much closer to the Audi A5/S5/RS5 except much lighter. The Audi A4 platform with AWD is pretty much a pig. My S4 weighs abut 400 pounds more than our new ATS.

I am very curious to see how far they are willing to go from the heritage styling. Look at the new Corvette and you have to look pretty deep to find much heritage there other than the configuration of the chassis/frame.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #35
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 4684
Size:  70.2 KB

Ummmm yeah!! Sexy!!
Old 08-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #36
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

On the current car the belt line is toooooo high, the roof tooooooo slammed. The fenders are too high and the rear is toooooo ummm big. It's just hard to maneuver as those styling attributes make the car drive even bigger than it is.

Your proportions indicate no change in the size of the car, just a rework of the current car. And again, that looks great!

My predictions for the next Camaro is it will be a much more livable car. It will have better visibility, more refinement and be a much better car for the non V8 crowd. And then when you put the V8 in ........ magic will happen.

I disagree and agree with your statement lol. Of course I respect your opinion and this is just my opinion, but I love the high belt line, the big huge broad shoulders for fenders, and the big butt. I love all of that. Its what makes the car so striking...there is nothing else quite like it. For me, if they took all of that away your left with a much more bland template to work with.

That said, if they did lower the belt line down a bit and give it more of a green house I'm sure it would still look great. The car would look more slim, and visibility would improve somewhat....but I still feel like if they want to have a higher beltline and a tad less greenhouse than the Mustang I am perfectly fine with that. In fact...I'd prefer it.

As for your predictions on the next car and its livability and drivability, I completely agree.

I do agree that the renderings here are more of a 5th gen refresh than a whole new generation, but if Chevy wants to make the 6th an evolution of the 5th I'm fine with that. I just have to pray they nail the styling, b/c I don't feel the nailed it with the 5th gen refresh.

If they raised the belt line a bit, the rest of the car would shrink appropriately and they could definitely get the car to be a bit smaller, and on the lighter Alpha chassis.

Otherwise if they want to go a whole new design (but hopefully keep some of the Camaro trademark characteristics) I'm down for that too!
Old 08-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #37
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
No criticism here, what you've done would be great for a refresh and I like the thought that went into it.

If you are looking to fix most of what's wrong with the Camaro styling though, you haven't changed the underlying car very much.

If you (like 99% of the rest of the people here on Camaro5) want a 3500 pound Camaro, it has to get smaller.

Love all of your details, I'd just like to see them applied to a car with the hoped for smaller proportions and less of the elements that have hindered the current design.

I believe that short of some of the technology and Full Time AWD the next Camaro will be much closer to the Audi A5/S5/RS5 except much lighter. The Audi A4 platform with AWD is pretty much a pig. My S4 weighs abut 400 pounds more than our new ATS.

I am very curious to see how far they are willing to go from the heritage styling. Look at the new Corvette and you have to look pretty deep to find much heritage there other than the configuration of the chassis/frame.
Thank you for your feedback; all good and valid points. The problem is the Camaro has such a strong identity and the 5th gen was such a roaring success, that trying to depart from the heritage styling puts you on real thin ice. I can do all kinds of things but does it look and feel like a Camaro? It's real easy to slide into the exotic euro car look, or the Japanese concept car look, or make it so futuristic it doesn't look like anything people would recognize as a Camaro. Just because there's a badge on it that says Camaro would people accept it? You saw the reaction to just the 2014 refresh elements.

The other problem is the side view. The roof and window line of the heritage style is so iconic it's extremely risky to abandon that.

Here's a different style that's more futuristic but keeps the side view identity.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept.jpg
Views: 5725
Size:  37.1 KB

I know if I could do a perspective drawing it would be much easier for people to visualize this look but so far that's eluded my drawing skills.

I could lower the belt line and raise the roof level as you suggested but then it starts to lose that hunkered down muscle look. I don't know the mechanical dimensions of the new platform so it's hard to guess at what the limitations are for proportions. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Camaro designers and the enormity of the task they're facing at doing a redesign. If they spend all the money to do a redesign, roll it out and the customer base starts blowing chunks, that's a hell of an expensive oops.

I really appreciate the constructive feedback; everyone's thoughts, reactions, ideas are welcome. I'll try to incorporate as much as I can with each revision.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #38
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Thank you for your feedback; all good and valid points. The problem is the Camaro has such a strong identity and the 5th gen was such a roaring success, that trying to depart from the heritage styling puts you on real thin ice. I can do all kinds of things but does it look and feel like a Camaro? It's real easy to slide into the exotic euro car look, or the Japanese concept car look, or make it so futuristic it doesn't look like anything people would recognize as a Camaro. Just because there's a badge on it that says Camaro would people accept it? You saw the reaction to just the 2014 refresh elements.

The other problem is the side view. The roof and window line of the heritage style is so iconic it's extremely risky to abandon that.

Here's a different style that's more futuristic but keeps the side view identity.
Attachment 540553

I know if I could do a perspective drawing it would be much easier for people to visualize this look but so far that's eluded my drawing skills.

I could lower the belt line and raise the roof level as you suggested but then it starts to lose that hunkered down muscle look. I don't know the mechanical dimensions of the new platform so it's hard to guess at what the limitations are for proportions. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Camaro designers and the enormity of the task they're facing at doing a redesign. If they spend all the money to do a redesign, roll it out and the customer base starts blowing chunks, that's a hell of an expensive oops.

I really appreciate the constructive feedback; everyone's thoughts, reactions, ideas are welcome. I'll try to incorporate as much as I can with each revision.
That rear still looks like a mustang or challenger to me.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #39
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
That rear still looks like a mustang or challenger to me.
Do you have any images? I don't see that look at all.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #40
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes SS View Post
Attachment 540549

Ummmm yeah!! Sexy!!
My favorite rendition so far. The only one that I have found that I may like equally is ... Reminds me of one of my favorite cars, the Audi S7.
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #41
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Actually after looking closer the rear reminds me more of a Pontiac Sunfire.
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #42
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
This I like!!!

+1

Closed Thread

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation