Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-17-2015, 10:23 AM   #1
Drm2Reality

Drives: Possibly a 1LE in the near future.
Recaros

I have not seen anything involving Recaro seats.

Based on the pictures it looks like the Camaro will be following the Stingray model with standard and "competition" option seats not branded by Recaro.

Anybody else know more?
Drm2Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:43 AM   #2
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs up

I'm also very interested to know if the 2016 Camaro is going to have sport seats. Both seats on the Stingray's are really great. Hope that Camaro follows up toward that same direction.

I'm very happy to see the new 2016 development, and specially now will be able to enjoy a V8 automatic transmission Camaro with the 1LE handling level. Great job GM!!! I can't wait any longer to see the Camaro beating the new Mustang & BMW M3/M4. I will be the first one on line getting my new '16 SS.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:27 AM   #3
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Seats in reveal cars look great, not sure I'll need to pony up the $$ for upgrade.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:49 PM   #4
stptfun

Drives: Jeep GC
I really hope GM offers the Recaro option. I'd really want those.
stptfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:59 PM   #5
airjonny

Drives: Nissan Murano
I hope so. The regular seats look nice, but I like the hug feeling from the recaros.
airjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:26 PM   #6
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Only thing I'm hearing about the mustang recaros is you are paying more for less in a lot of ways. This is coming from stang TV at that! Not heated or cooled. Not as adjustable. No seating memory. You pay 1500 for better lateral support but are transported back 10 years with functionality. No thanks for the slightly better lateral support and couple pounds saved.
Only person that should get these imo is the dedicated track person. I even like the looks of the regular stang seats better and they are more comfortable.

Edmunds wasn't impressed with them either
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang/...e-recaros.html

If camaro gets them and follows the same path I'll pass... Not giving up everything just to pretend I'm a boy racer with recaros.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #7
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
I noticed that the Camaro Recaros look more different than the Mustang Recaros. I wish I could put up the images, but i'm not computer savvy like some here. But from what I see, there is no electronic adjustments for both, however, it appears, that in the Camaro (using the 5th gen), there is more support or bolstering in the flat seat area, as well as, less curve in the head area, than the Mustang. It just looks more comfortable. But as someone else said, unless you're tracking your car, there is no sense in taking this option if you're looking for total comfort and adjust-ability, as a regular seat.

On another note, this is my 1000th post. Finally.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:45 PM   #8
airjonny

Drives: Nissan Murano
I could care less about the adjustable seating. If I get one, the seat is staying in the same place for several years. No need for the extra weight. I might miss heated seats tho.
airjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:24 PM   #9
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by airjonny View Post
I could care less about the adjustable seating. If I get one, the seat is staying in the same place for several years. No need for the extra weight. I might miss heated seats tho.
Your choice man

A base 1ss with recaros and going for the lightest option is the train of thought I had when I bought my 1ss. Would have been happier if the car was 50lbs heavier and was a whole lot nicer. Once I realized the weight difference was virtually unnoticeable/ of little benefit compared to the pluses... I was sour. I ignored posts from other people saying these same things to me at the time.

i thought I didn't like a lot of the little extras ( leather, heated seats, seat memory etc etc) but I was mistaken once I realized what I was missing.

Just make sure you get what you want and look at all options... Just don't have any regrets... Like I did.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote