Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-25-2015, 10:06 AM   #155
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Hopefully he learned that it does not take a lot of horsepower to get your self in trouble. Even with all of the nannies on, you just can't beat physics. Maybe he will start taking lessons at a good driving school.
Seems to me he represents 97% of Camaro drivers then.

He made a mistake nearly anyone who doesn't have high performance driving could make.

I forget though...all Camaro5 and Camaro6 members are driving school grads and hold NASA and SCCA competition licenses.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:16 AM   #156
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Seems to me he represents 97% of Camaro drivers then.

He made a mistake nearly anyone who doesn't have high performance driving could make.

I forget though...all Camaro5 and Camaro6 members are driving school grads and hold NASA and SCCA competition licenses.
One thing I learned early in my 45+ years of driving is when you get into a new car for the first time you have to gradually work up to finding its limits. Every car drives differently, even different models or years of the same car. You just can't get in and punch it the first time.
I'm not a professional race car driver or never been to racing school, then again I have also never slid off the road in a turn, came close a few times but recovered before something bad happened.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #157
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
One thing I learned early in my 45+ years of driving is when you get into a new car for the first time you have to gradually work up to finding its limits. Every car drives differently, even different models or years of the same car. You just can't get in and punch it the first time.
This ↑↑↑

And even after you've driven the same individual car long enough to be familiar with it, you STILL owe it to yourself to ease into any new limits following any significant performance modification.

It's my take that when you give yourself even a brief moment where you're surprised by a car's performance or behavior, you've stepped past what your own skill set can safely support. That was evident in the video once or twice even before he completely ran out of talent.

Norm