Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

AWE Tuning

View Poll Results: Which question should we ask Al?
A strut tower brace is listed as an order-able option…is it helpful? Needed? 21 42.86%
Can you detail Modifications? Factory-adjustable settings? for the “ZLE" record Nurburgring run? 19 38.78%
Why was the decision made not to include a front camera on the Gen 6 Camaro? 9 18.37%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2017, 11:00 AM   #43
Diggitydog

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Nightfall Convertible M6
At least get Travis's question in the poll to vote. He has done an immense amount of credible work towards a solution from an owners perspective. I am abstaining from December's vote because the M6 issue should be included as an option. If the question gets to the poll and doesn't get any votes then there's not much we can do about that. This is one main reason I keep coming back to check on things, the launch problem is real.

PLEASE include Travis's M6 launch / bog question for the January poll.
Diggitydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:06 PM   #44
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
I didn't read throught the whole thing but I think this "Ask Al" section was to get answers for questions about features on the Camaro, not complain about technical issues with some of the cars.

These guys just designed the car, they didn't put it together or bean count the cheapest available parts.

So if their end product has an issue that isn't a design flaw, they can't really comment why the cheapest defroster door was sourced causing fog on your windshield in the summer.

So I don't think they are softball questions, but more questions about the product and how it operates.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #45
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
You don’t think that GM will tell you the setup for the green hell. We had this already and many people laught at me and were saying the ZL1 was bone stock. So why to ask Al?
Additional you cannot use the setting anyway.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:57 PM   #46
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
You don’t think that GM will tell you the setup for the green hell. We had this already and many people laught at me and were saying the ZL1 was bone stock. So why to ask Al?
If it ends up being suitable, why not?

If it only ends up being a good hint, it's still got value.

Norm
Old 12-12-2017, 04:08 PM   #47
cwebster
Cal

Drives: 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 Coupe M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggitydog View Post
At least get Travis's question in the poll to vote. He has done an immense amount of credible work towards a solution from an owners perspective. I am abstaining from December's vote because the M6 issue should be included as an option. If the question gets to the poll and doesn't get any votes then there's not much we can do about that. This is one main reason I keep coming back to check on things, the launch problem is real.

PLEASE include Travis's M6 launch / bog question for the January poll.
+1
Agreed. I believe this will tie-in with the unpublicised "Manual Transmission Protection" feature too. Both subsystems could have faulty or under-performing calibrations that result in bogged launches and driveability issues.

--Cal
cwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:25 PM   #48
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
When a car comes from the factory with adjustability built into it, its still stock when you make those adjustments. No different than putting it into Track Mode. So I don't see anything wrong with asking what the camber plates and stabilizer bar were set at when the ZL1 1LE did its lap around the 'Ring.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:50 PM   #49
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
When a car comes from the factory with adjustability built into it, its still stock when you make those adjustments. No different than putting it into Track Mode. So I don't see anything wrong with asking what the camber plates and stabilizer bar were set at when the ZL1 1LE did its lap around the 'Ring.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:37 AM   #50

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
I didn't read throught the whole thing but I think this "Ask Al" section was to get answers for questions about features on the Camaro, not complain about technical issues with some of the cars.

These guys just designed the car, they didn't put it together or bean count the cheapest available parts.

So if their end product has an issue that isn't a design flaw, they can't really comment why the cheapest defroster door was sourced causing fog on your windshield in the summer.

So I don't think they are softball questions, but more questions about the product and how it operates.
I would disagree somewhat....It can be kept civil, and Al is being more than gracious, but a gripe or rant about an issue, isn't a disqualifier for an answer or response....See Al's highlighted comments below.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510737

To the Camaro Nation - Before we begin this new way of being another step closer to our Camaro family, I wanted to take an opportunity to say a few words, personally. As many of you know, since the first days back in 2008, this team has always made an effort to be part of as many Camaro gatherings as possible. Obviously, we cannot make every event, but I would say we have met thousands of you over the years, all the way back to Valdosta! I take great pride in the fact that my team has given up vacation, weekends, and personal time because of their passion for the Camaro, and the desire to meet with you to find out what you like about the car, and, more importantly, what you don’t like about the car. Many of you know them by name, and most of you have given us the great honor of signing your cars and posing for pictures with you. We are the lucky custodians of the Camaro for these generations, not only because we are the men and women who listen to our customers wants and needs for the car, but we get to design, engineer, and build your dreams. It is very satisfying when we get to interact with you in person to see that we have met your expectations. I personally love when you walk us over to your Camaro, and show us what you have done with our creation to personalize it to your liking, many of you ‘naming your baby’. That is the moment when we have connected with you, and you with us, on a personal family level. However, I think where this Camaro team rises above is when you tell us your Camaro experience is not meeting your expectations, ranging from the dealer experience to service to ‘something doesn’t work’. This is why we decided to create an “As Al” forum. Since we can’t meet with everyone personally, we decided to provide a forum where you can ask us the most frequent questions as a group, and we will provide the answers that may reach many of you we can’t talk with one on one. While the title of the forum is ‘Ask Al”, rest assured your answers will be formed by the best team in the automotive business. There are no individuals on the Camaro team, but rather one body of many passionate Camaro people. We are excited to begin this new chapter, and hopefully grow the bond with our entire Camaro family I proudly call “Camaro Nation”. As I always say (and no it does not always mean that something new is coming, Mike Lee, it just means that I love my job and want to say it at that moment), “It’s a Great Day in Camaroland!” I look forward hearing the first question.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:46 AM   #51
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
^^^ glad you pointed that out.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:45 AM   #52
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I would disagree somewhat....It can be kept civil, and Al is being more than gracious, but a gripe or rant about an issue, isn't a disqualifier for an answer or response....See Al's highlighted comments below.

To the Camaro Nation - Before we begin this new way of being another step closer to our Camaro family, I wanted to take an opportunity to say a few words, personally. As many of you know, since the first days back in 2008, this team has always made an effort to be part of as many Camaro gatherings as possible. Obviously, we cannot make every event, but I would say we have met thousands of you over the years, all the way back to Valdosta! I take great pride in the fact that my team has given up vacation, weekends, and personal time because of their passion for the Camaro, and the desire to meet with you to find out what you like about the car, and, more importantly, what you don’t like about the car. Many of you know them by name, and most of you have given us the great honor of signing your cars and posing for pictures with you. We are the lucky custodians of the Camaro for these generations, not only because we are the men and women who listen to our customers wants and needs for the car, but we get to design, engineer, and build your dreams. It is very satisfying when we get to interact with you in person to see that we have met your expectations. I personally love when you walk us over to your Camaro, and show us what you have done with our creation to personalize it to your liking, many of you ‘naming your baby’. That is the moment when we have connected with you, and you with us, on a personal family level. However, I think where this Camaro team rises above is when you tell us your Camaro experience is not meeting your expectations, ranging from the dealer experience to service to ‘something doesn’t work’. This is why we decided to create an “As Al” forum. Since we can’t meet with everyone personally, we decided to provide a forum where you can ask us the most frequent questions as a group, and we will provide the answers that may reach many of you we can’t talk with one on one. While the title of the forum is ‘Ask Al”, rest assured your answers will be formed by the best team in the automotive business. There are no individuals on the Camaro team, but rather one body of many passionate Camaro people. We are excited to begin this new chapter, and hopefully grow the bond with our entire Camaro family I proudly call “Camaro Nation”. As I always say (and no it does not always mean that something new is coming, Mike Lee, it just means that I love my job and want to say it at that moment), “It’s a Great Day in Camaroland!” I look forward hearing the first question.

I stand corrected.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:20 PM   #53
cwebster
Cal

Drives: 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 Coupe M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
TQ management is also a topic that would provide some interesting behind the scenes insight. The member who posted his TPS showed 39-40% an entire quarter mile pass definitely shed some light on how much these cars are being neutered by the TM.
I missed that post. Could you provide a link?

--Cal
cwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:18 PM   #54
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

I missed that post. They are a great team that designed a world class car. I chose a 2SS MRC over the Z51 and M2 because it's more comfortable, better interior, better dynamics and acceleration for less.

Thanks guys.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:08 AM   #55
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Strut tower brace is obviously not needed or they would have put one in there on the 1LEs.

Why was the decision made not to include a front camera on the Gen 6 Camaro? Why is that even a question?
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:01 AM   #56
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
+1

I'll read between the lines as to why transmission shudder didn't make the poll list. :(

No vote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
My thoughts exactly!

What in the heck!??

If these are meant to be easy softball questions to simulate an open discussion with the GM team, just label it as that and there won't be any surprises going forward.
Ditto, no vote here. If the hottest topic is really not appropriate for Al and team it should be closed.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote