Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #113
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Seeing lots of talk about the V6 performance edition (which is a good thing!)

But I'm pretty sure they had a V6 "1LE" like edition last year, but not much came of it. It has the dusk/hot wheels splitter, and the 1LE components and special wheels. I thought it was pretty sweet.

Here is a pic of it I found:

I think if they could offer 1LE suspension, Brembo Brakes, and 3.45 gearing that would make for a killer V6 setup.
That does look sweet, guess they just rehashed that setup for the 2014 version shown in the first post. That would seriously make the V6 a competitive animal. It's got enough power already to be honest, 323 isn't a low number, time to back it up with handling/gearing upgrades like you said!

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #114
NinoSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3
[QUOTE=tomster;7157412]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Here are a few more GM products for SEMA

You know I was perfectly happy with my ZL1 Until i saw this pic! Why did you do that to me!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #115
not
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmaster View Post
V6 1LE FTW! Let it be a package deal for any V6 model. Keep the price similar to that of SS's 1LE package and it'd work!
Man, GM lives for the likes of you!!! So if the price is similar, why wouldn't you want the original V8 SS 1LE ?

Are you that in love with the V6? I mean it is a great engine, but for the same price............what is the up side? Couldn't you just buy a 1LS and mod it out to your specs via a 1LE and still be $$ ahead?

Good luck.
not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #116
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by not View Post
Man, GM lives for the likes of you!!! So if the price is similar, why wouldn't you want the original V8 SS 1LE ?

Are you that in love with the V6? I mean it is a great engine, but for the same price............what is the up side? Couldn't you just buy a 1LS and mod it out to your specs via a 1LE and still be $$ ahead?

Good luck.
Relax. He means the cost of the 1LE package itself, not the total cost of the SS 1LE.

As in, if the 1LE cost $3500 over the SS you were adding it to, the "V6" 1LE would cost $3500 over the V6 you added it to.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #117
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
funny how no one really shows the rear of the cars, they are horrible. The care is great until you see the ass end then you just kind of throw up in your mouth.
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #118
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtiefamily View Post
Now if they produced a Camaro or Corvette in this color......Bust out the check book. Because I am buying it.
Could you imagine?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #119
Sandor
Chevrolet Performance

Drives: Camaro Chroma
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Seeing lots of talk about the V6 performance edition (which is a good thing!)

But I'm pretty sure they had a V6 "1LE" like edition last year, but not much came of it. It has the dusk/hot wheels splitter, and the 1LE components and special wheels. I thought it was pretty sweet.

Here is a pic of it I found:

I think if they could offer 1LE suspension, Brembo Brakes, and 3.45 gearing that would make for a killer V6 setup.
Your killer V6 setup can be built right now! Chevrolet Performance offers the 1LE suspension kit, 1LE cross tower brace, SS brake kit and ZL-1 brake kit which all fit on V6 Camaros. And all of these are available right now from your Chevrolet dealer.
Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote