Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
ZZZ

Drives: 10 SS Camaro
So I locked myself out of my Camaro

I cant seem to find my main set of keys I have looked for hours on end and tore my house apart searching for them :(

I woke up this morning and noticed the spare is sitting in the passenger seat. The alarm is armed and the doors are locked.

Not sure what I should do now I am thinking of calling the dealership I want to avoid damaging the door or anything like that.
ZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
Call onstar if you kept it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Use the onstar mobile app to unlock the car if you have active onstar. Or just call them.

If you don't have those then it will be roadside assistance from gm.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #4
ZZZ

Didn't keep Onstar after watching the Hennessy videos I was a bit paranoid on getting it.

Wondering if it will be cheaper ordering Onstar or just getting a new key somehow
Old 11-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Activate the is star for the shortest period and then let it lapse again. It'll be cheaper then dealing with the dealership.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #6
ZZZ

Thanks alot guys I appreciate the quick advice alot.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #7
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Okay, sorry to sound like you mother here, but... if the doors are locked, and the alarm is armed, then your "main set" of keys MUST be around somewhere! Retrace your every move, look in the dirty clothes pile (in the pocket of your jeans), check the tool shed (where you used the house key to pry open a can of paint), ask your prankster kids if they are playing a hilarious practical joke, pull the cushions out of the couch, look in the fridge right behind the mayo (because you were on the phone when you made the bologna and cheese sandwich, and didn't even THINK about setting the keys in there), look under the bed (the cat was playing with them, since they smell like a bologna and cheese sandwich), look in your work boots (since they may have been dropped into that dark crevasse), and hope hope hope that you didn't actually leave them in the trunk when you slammed that lid down.............................................. .................................................. ............(Lost my keys a few weeks ago... found them hanging in the shed, where I had hung a sack of cargo straps on the wall: When I lifted the sack up, apparently, one key on my ring was dangling out of my pocket, and "hooked" on the bottom of the sack (has a loop there)... lifted the keys right out of my pocket, where they dangled until hours later when an half- insane guy found them)
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Okay, sorry to sound like you mother here, but... if the doors are locked, and the alarm is armed, then your "main set" of keys MUST be around somewhere! Retrace your every move, look in the dirty clothes pile (in the pocket of your jeans), check the tool shed (where you used the house key to pry open a can of paint), ask your prankster kids if they are playing a hilarious practical joke, pull the cushions out of the couch, look in the fridge right behind the mayo (because you were on the phone when you made the bologna and cheese sandwich, and didn't even THINK about setting the keys in there), look under the bed (the cat was playing with them, since they smell like a bologna and cheese sandwich), look in your work boots (since they may have been dropped into that dark crevasse), and hope hope hope that you didn't actually leave them in the trunk when you slammed that lid down.............................................. .................................................. ............(Lost my keys a few weeks ago... found them hanging in the shed, where I had hung a sack of cargo straps on the wall: When I lifted the sack up, apparently, one key on my ring was dangling out of my pocket, and "hooked" on the bottom of the sack (has a loop there)... lifted the keys right out of my pocket, where they dangled until hours later when an half- insane guy found them)
this,,

how is the alarm armed with the keys inside of the car?
Old 11-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #9
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
I remember A C5 member had the police unlock his Camaro at a show by sliding
a slim jim under the drivers door glass all the way to the unlock button on the
console and unlocking it.
Of course this does not work on cars with the unlock buttons on the door.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #10
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
If you really cant find the other key, and don't have triple a or another similar roadside service I would activate onstar for a month.
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #11
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
I more interested in knowing what you were doing last night that put you in such dire straights this morning

But seriously Onstar is your friend. Or call GM roadside assistance. Or AAA. Or keep looking for your other key...here's a hint, it's always in the last place you look.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #12
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
I more interested in knowing what you were doing last night that put you in such dire straights this morning...
I was sort of thinking along those lines, too... wondering if Doug is missing, if there's a tiger in the bathroom, and if maybe somebody is suddenly and mysteriously missing a tooth. I'd say, check the roof!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #13
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
I was sort of thinking along those lines, too... wondering if Doug is missing, if there's a tiger in the bathroom, and if maybe somebody is suddenly and mysteriously missing a tooth. I'd say, check the roof!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #14
ZZZ

Honestly I have looked around my entire house under couch cushions searched the interior mechanisms of my recliner searched the heat vent searched the dirty clothes pile the spare bedroom another vehicle I drove in yesterday. I even searched a garbage can.

As for how it was armed. I simply walked in my house yesterday after lunch put my keys somewhere after arming the vehicle with the spare set on the passenger seat.

I called Onstar without access to the blue button inside the vehicle they cannot give me a subscription they said and referred me to GM Customer Service. General Motors said I am covered and wanted to send a Locksmith out. I am not going to allow someone to use one of those tools for my vehicle. It may potentially damage the paint and lining.

Right now unless Onstar is willing to take my VIN and information and let me subscribe while my vehicle is locked I have no option but to call the Dealership after searching for a few more hours and having a new key made.