Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-16-2015, 12:13 AM   #29
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
german cars here excpet porsche the values drop like a stone...i would never own one...
100k m5 after 5 years is worth 40k max....60k in the garbage..no thanks..
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 12:36 AM   #30
1fastmf

Drives: SBM G8 Gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVert View Post
Cars in general do that. If there was a car I could daily drive that appreciated or even held its value, would be owning that instead.
I agree and I'm not singling camaros out. I just think it's crazy that people try to debate 5th gens will hold there value when they're already depreciating at pretty fast pace. No different from any other mass produced car.

You should have bought a g8 a few years ago. I paid 26k for a Stryker blue gt with 2800 miles June 2012. Today it has 18k miles and will still easily sell for 26k
1fastmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 04:26 AM   #31
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
If you're worried about resale value, then you should probably be driving a classic car that's been restored. I've often thought about going to a Mecum auto auction and purchasing a restored car for around $30k. I believe you could buy one, drive it for a couple of years, then run it back through the auction for very little loss.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:54 AM   #32
Nordwhal

Drives: No Camaro yet...
Thanks for all the input on my question so far as it's all been very helpful and informative! I should mention that I'm not worried about the resale value of the car after I buy it. I'm asking where you think the values will sit at so I can get an idea of what will be in my price range when I go to buy lol. I know the resale value will keep dropping over time so resale for me doesn't matter. Plus resale once the keys are in my hand doesn't really concern me too awful much either since the plan is just get the car and start modding and keep it. Only thing I care about concerning resale is what I can pick up a used car for.
Nordwhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:59 AM   #33
Nordwhal

Drives: No Camaro yet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmf View Post
I agree and I'm not singling camaros out. I just think it's crazy that people try to debate 5th gens will hold there value when they're already depreciating at pretty fast pace. No different from any other mass produced car.

You should have bought a g8 a few years ago. I paid 26k for a Stryker blue gt with 2800 miles June 2012. Today it has 18k miles and will still easily sell for 26k

G8s do hold their value pretty damn well. But the big factor there is that Pontiac got canned for the sake of Buick and the G8, unless something beautiful happens with the Pontiac name in the future, is probably the last fast Pontiac that was or ever will be sent off the assembly line...
Nordwhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 10:06 AM   #34
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
Most people don't even know there is a new generation coming out. And once the 6th gen arrives, most people still won't realize it. The 5th and 6th gens look almost identical to the average person. I really don't see a mad rush to trade happening. I think 5th gen prices will hold, the same as they did when the '13, '14, and '15 models came out. 200 lbs means a lot to guys on this forum.... it means nothing to the average person walking into a dealership. Do you know anyone who asked what a car weighed before they bought it?
Not only that but the 5th gen has a great safety rating. The car can take a hard hit and that is due to its size and mass. Unless exotic materials are used, the cost of safety is weight and dimensions.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:56 PM   #35
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Most people don't even know there is a new generation coming out. And once the 6th gen arrives, most people still won't realize it. The 5th and 6th gens look almost identical to the average person. I really don't see a mad rush to trade happening. I think 5th gen prices will hold, the same as they did when the '13, '14, and '15 models came out. 200 lbs means a lot to guys on this forum.... it means nothing to the average person walking into a dealership. Do you know anyone who asked what a car weighed before they bought it?

Sorry, but I keep hearing this "they look alike" thing and the first thing I noted at the Belle Isle reveal it that they didn't, at least to me.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:50 AM   #36
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
... 200 lbs means a lot to guys on this forum.... it means nothing to the average person walking into a dealership. Do you know anyone who asked what a car weighed before they bought it?
That 200 lbs lighter for the 2016 is probably close to what the salesman that sits in the back seat weighs on the test drive.
In December 2014 the calendar year-end sale on my new 2014 2SS/RS was 20% off MSRP, plus more discounts on top of that as well. Can get big price drops at most times if not in a hurry -- does not only happen when a new Gen appears.
Ron

Last edited by ron123; 08-19-2015 at 12:01 PM.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote