Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
mtmtx

Drives: 2SS/RS convertible, 6M
Send a message via Yahoo to mtmtx
need more low end with the top down

for all the experts on this board, I am seeking guidance. I currently have stock speakers powered by a JL 700/5 with a FARK. The sound at low speed with the top down is ok, not great. At 40+, all I hear are the tweeters. I am considering going to a two-way 6.5 or upgrading the the front components. I have researched plenty, everyone seems to have a brand to whom they are loyal, Focal, JL, Hertz, all get good reviews, but is there one that stands out on delivering the mid to low frequencies better than others? I have been to several audio shops around town and am struggling to get a feel...the doofii behind the counter or running the booth(s) are less than helpful. Thoughts?
Old 08-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
I'd say give the Rockford Fosgate Power Series (like T2652-s or T3652-s) a shot. IMO, back when I was running the T2652-s in my car, I had great mid-bass from them and they sounded great. They're also a heck of a lot less expensive than the other brands you mentioned. I would say they perform above their price point (especially when you can get them online for around $200). The tweeters are pretty good on the T2 set and they aren't as harsh as a lot of aluminum domes I have heard.

One other option to entertain when replacing speakers would be to disconnect your rears and bridge 4 of the channels into 2 and double the power going to your fronts. I know the RF Power series really like lots of power and throwing 200 watts at them would go a long to some nice full midbass.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:58 AM   #3
Twilborne

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Blue 2LT
I have Hybrid Audio Clarus in the front and infinity kappa 3.5's in the back with the JL700/5 and the FARK. I think it sounds great top up or down.
Twilborne is offline   Reply With Quote