Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-16-2012, 07:16 AM   #15
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Line View Post
can i get a little more detail on scratch removal please

but mine are on the hood from her earrings
A good random-action, orbital buffer is what I use, and polishing compound.

Stay away from panel edges, vinyl graphics, and black plastic body parts (the compound is hard to remove from plastic parts) with the buffer

There's got to be a thousand tutorials on using the buffer on youtube; I couldn't do a better job than than can

Keys to use are letting the buffer do the work, and always keeping it moving

I'd suggest practicing on somebody's junker before you try it on your nice car

(Tip: keep a soft blanket in the trunk and put it on the hood next time)
Old 12-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #16
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
My bad I thought all cell phones have the number pop up on their screen
...so does mine. But do you know all the hospital emergency room telephone numbers in your area? I don't either. Please drop it, just let it go at I have some problems
Old 12-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #17
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
...so does mine. But do you know all the hospital emergency room telephone numbers in your area? I don't either. Please drop it, just let it go at I have some problems
That was my round a bout way of apologizing as I thought you had a basic cell phone that didn't show the number. Consider the matter dropped.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #18
trooper182

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT yellow non RS
Man it sucksthat happened. I always worry when I park my car in a lot but dont let it get to me. If something is gonna happen then it will. Lucky for me after I had my accident and had to have the car repainted they gave me a tube of the leftover paint mix for touch up issues. Hope it all works out for you and Merry Christmas
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
trooper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #19
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Some people are just freaking a$$monkeys and can't stand to see someone else that has something nice.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #20
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
I was out shopping yesterday and during one of my stops at a shopping center, I parked at the end of a row, one space over from a girl's yellow LT/RS. As I'm sitting in my car planning my next stop, not one, but two drivers drove between our cars looking for a closer space. I guess neither one of them could drive around the end of the row like a normal person. Or maybe lazy is the new normal.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #21
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
When i read your post my 1st thoughts were you parked next to all the rest of the cars in the lot, Then you said you always park away. Who knows what did it. Or if it was on accident or on purpose ? Sucks it happened . Good luck getting them out, They always seem to re-appear after the wax has faded
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #22
Horriblecreation

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Line View Post
can i get a little more detail on scratch removal please

but mine are on the hood from her earrings
post of the year
Old 12-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #23
thino

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
PICS OR IT DID NOT HAPPEN LOL
thino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #24
eggydoo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Season for door dings too.....
eggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #25
NAS

Drives: '10 SS
Yea same here on the very first day I bought mine I stopped by the mall and parked a good 100 feet away from the next car and still ended up with a nice big door dink from what looks like maybe a pick up or something. It's sad to say but sometimes people are just careless especially if there car looks like crap
NAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #26
jlcustomz

Drives: 83 el camaro
I went extra thick on the clearcoat years ago. I,ve removed countless scratches over the years with very little burn through, though I,ve lost some of the straightness from so many minor bumps.

Heard talk recently about some shops using clearcoat to fill very minor dings on good paint, sanding, then recoating entire panel & more blocksanding. Hmmmmmm.
jlcustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #27
almarlowe

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
I pulled into a grocery store parking lot in a remote spot with about 10 open spaces to the next car and while I was getting out a lady pulled in right next to me. I opened my window and said to her-Why do you think I parked here, don't open your door, I'll move and repark my car 5 more spaces away. WTF was she thinking?
almarlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #28
NAS

Drives: '10 SS
Yea for some odd reason no matter how far you park down whether its 5 spaces or 10 you always have one person that still parks next to you when they have all the other empty spaces to park in. Maybe it's just the "camaro effect" they think there car looks cool when parked next to a 5th gen lol
NAS is offline   Reply With Quote