Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #29
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Let the Mods begin!
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #30
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Probably already have aftermarket parts on order huh?!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #31
rjacobs

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsfirstSS View Post
Nice catch bud. 11k on a 2011 is a little more than a weekend toy but not beat on either. Im on pace to have that after a year and I drive mine to work most days though work is only 8 miles away.

Enjoy it!
I mean its almost 2 years old. I dont know the actual in service date, but 5-6k a year is about half average i think so, not so bad. I dont think it was the guys every day driver I will say that. The car is clean though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Let the Mods begin!
Quote:
Probably already have aftermarket parts on order huh?!
havent ordered anything yet. I need to get the sales tax paid and what not. But I am planning on American Racing headers with cats, some type of cat back, a vararam and a tune(probably a custom SCT unless there is something drastically better). I need to research lots of stuff and see what the local tuner population in St. Louis is like. Thinking on a supercharger at some point, but I think I am going to focus on suspension and stuff first(after headers/exhaust, intake, and tune though). The hurst shifter is pretty decent, but I had an MGW in my 07 vette and loved it so I might do one of those again, but I dont know if it would be as drastic of a change from the hurst to warrant the $300. Anybody know what you can get out of a used Hurst?
rjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #32
mattsfirstSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
I mean its almost 2 years old. I dont know the actual in service date, but 5-6k a year is about half average i think so, not so bad. I dont think it was the guys every day driver I will say that. The car is clean though.?
By no means was I saying that was bad, and it depends a lot on when it was bought in 2011 or if it was bought in 2010. Its below average miles, I was just saying maybe more than a weekend toy because if I drive to work everyday and thats it (which is usually the case) I will put on 4600 a year. it makes no difference and I didnt really need to say anything lol but I did...I was certainly not raining on your parade its a very exciting day!

Mine was my first new car ever and I could not have been happier. Was on cloud 9 for weeks.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #33
rjacobs

Quote:
By no means was I saying that was bad, and it depends a lot on when it was bought in 2011 or if it was bought in 2010. Its below average miles, I was just saying maybe more than a weekend toy because if I drive to work everyday and thats it (which is usually the case) I will put on 4600 a year. it makes no difference and I didnt really need to say anything lol but I did...I was certainly not raining on your parade its a very exciting day!

Mine was my first new car ever and I could not have been happier. Was on cloud 9 for weeks.
I didnt mean to insinuate that you meant anything bad. Like I said I dont know when the car was put into service, I need to find out actually.

Its not my first new car. I think this is my 15th or 16th and im only 30. I think I have a problem with cars.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #34
eggydoo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
two words

steering wheel
eggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #35
mattsfirstSS

Quote:
I didnt mean to insinuate that you meant anything bad. Like I said I dont know when the car was put into service, I need to find out actually.

Its not my first new car. I think this is my 15th or 16th and im only 30. I think I have a problem with cars.
I have had 4 cars and they have all been born about the same year I was lol

which is 83 btw
Old 11-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #36
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
What did you pay for the car?
Old 11-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #37
rjacobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Congratulations

My '11 is approaching 12,000 miles but more than half of those have been on road trips. It can't be much wear when you set the cruise and run for a few hours.

How do the rears look?
They are ok, but I doubt they have ever been rotated. I told the sales guy I wanted them rotated, but they didnt get to it last night. I mean when you can feel the difference in tread depth with your fingers, time to rotate them. They are going to do it Monday when i head back up to drop off the title and spare key to my trade in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
What did you pay for the car?
$31.5k. They were asking I think it was 33.5k. Seemed to be fair for the market in St. Louis. To build this exact car as a 2013 MSRP is almost 40k(39 and change). I wont say I got a screaming deal, but I feel ok with it. They gave me almost full retail for my trade in from what I was seeing cars exactly like mine being offered at various dealers within 300 miles of me so I was pretty happy to get that for it. 2.79% interest rate too from my credit union which the dealership was even surprised at.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #38
mattsfirstSS

Quote:
They are ok, but I doubt they have ever been rotated. I told the sales guy I wanted them rotated, but they didnt get to it last night. I mean when you can feel the difference in tread depth with your fingers, time to rotate them. They are going to do it Monday when i head back up to drop off the title and spare key to my trade in.
No rotating an SS, front and rears are different sizes. you can go side to side I guess but that has no real point...?
Old 11-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #39
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
i love my 10 2ss rs....will already have a cai intake and flowmasters on it, and plan to mod it little by little.

if i could though, i would get a 1le for sure!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #40
rjacobs

Quote:
No rotating an SS, front and rears are different sizes. you can go side to side I guess but that has no real point...?
shit, didnt even think about that.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #41
mattsfirstSS

Quote:
shit, didnt even think about that.
Yeah time for new 300 dollar tires instead, ah the cost of ownership...

A lot of people ditch those summer p zeros about that time
Old 11-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #42
mattsfirstSS

11K isnt time for a tire change unless someone spun them a lot, I think people are getting around 30k out of the p zeros if they are really nice to them average in the low to mid 20s though I think...?