Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 12-04-2015, 12:33 PM   #1
DSSTER

Drives: Protoured 70 Nova & 70 Camaro
Stolen 2013 zl1 Camaro

Hi guys,

Please be in a look out for my 2013 zl1 Camaro that got stolen this morning around 3am to 5am located in front of my house in San Jose ca.

2013 zl1 bone stock with black spoke wheels and sunroof. It's only have between 8,000 to 9,000 miles on it.

Color: blueray
License plate: 7GJC192

Please contact me at anytime or the police department if you guys see it.

Thanks
Geoffrey
DSSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:37 PM   #2
DSSTER

I have both keys on hand. I have a camera in front of he house but unfortunately it was too dark to see their faces but only movement was recorded. It looks like it's a easy access for them, they open the door without breaking the glass and then the alarm turns on a few seconds and then the Camaro left at the spot. It looks like a professional job.

But good thing is the cops is been communicating with onstar and they don't want me to get involved from this Point on.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:10 PM   #3
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Wow. This is making me scared. I'm in San Jose as well. What location was it stolen from? There was another member here who's Camaro was stolen recently near SAP Center downtown.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:54 PM   #4
SinginHawk

Drives: 2015 2LT
I also live in San Jose, luckily my apartment complex is gated and I park underground, so I'm not the most obvious target. I work on Santana Row and in Downtown San Jose though, very high traffic areas. Hopefully this is nipped soon.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:40 PM   #5
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Bay area seems to be a hot spot for stolen Camaros.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:33 PM   #6
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSSTER View Post
I have both keys on hand. I have a camera in front of he house but unfortunately it was too dark to see their faces but only movement was recorded. It looks like it's a easy access for them, they open the door without breaking the glass and then the alarm turns on a few seconds and then the Camaro left at the spot. It looks like a professional job.

But good thing is the cops is been communicating with onstar and they don't want me to get involved from this Point on.
The thought is that they are using programmed pcms they plug in under the hood.... Did they ever go under the hood when they stole yours? If not that means they have found a faster way which is really bad for us
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:04 PM   #7
Low Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard200593 View Post
The thought is that they are using programmed pcms they plug in under the hood....
I dont think that was ever the case. You can't just plug in a new PCM and fire up the car. Too many things need to talk to one another and sync correctly when a new one is installed. Plus there are too many variables. Not every Camaro is the same. They would need to bring a trunk full off PCM's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard200593 View Post
Did they ever go under the hood when they stole yours? If not that means they have found a faster way which is really bad for us
From what I understand, they plug some sort of hardware into the OBDII diagnostic port. That port has access to just about every system on the car. Not surprising at all that someone could plug something in and disable security, GPS tracking and start the car.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:54 PM   #8
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSSTER View Post

Sorry to hear. Onstar is of no use at all, once they are inside it is disabled very quickly. To protect the cars it is best to have a random kill switch. At a minimum pull fuses to needed systems to run the engine, or the door locks.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:21 AM   #9
Bodywerks

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Hope your insurance doesn't screw you. 99.9% chance it will be a carcass if/when it is found, unfortunately.
HSA delete, VMAX throttle body, CAI inc. Intake, PRC255 heads, BTR 660 springs, BTR cryo-treated rockers, PAT G 232/240 .654/.626 110+2, johnson 2110's, Manton 502 pushrods, C5R, Melling high volume/high pressure, Powerbond 25% underdrive pulley, Proform covers, Kooks stepped headers, catless mids, Doug Thorley exhaust. 512rwhp, 446rwtq on a mustang dyno, tuned by Cunningham motorsports.
Bodywerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:51 PM   #10
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I'll be on the lookout.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 12:13 AM   #11
FijiKid

Drives: Cyber Grey Camaro SS
Daam that sucks! Ill be on the lookout as well ...
Had my first camaro stolen from 24 hour fitness - brokaw, two years ago... feeling sucks!
Borla "S"type Cat Back / Hotchkis TVA2 Suspension Kit / Rotofab Intake / Tinted Windows / Headlight Armor Tailight Smoke / P13 DRLs w Harness / De-badged / Satin Black Power Coated Stock Wheels / Gloss Black Calipers / EPCO Custom Knob.

FijiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:33 AM   #12
DSSTER

Update: unfortunately the zl1 Camaro is still missing. Onstar is no help since they also can't locate the vehicle due from not getting a signal, it's frustrating because I also paid this option for 5 yrs for a ease of mind but it's really worthless so I suggest fellow Camaro guys to look for a different security in your cars.

Insurance company had told me today to process the claim due from their experience that 99% at the time when the car is missing 2 or more days is either strip out or went out of country. Or 20% chance they will find it untouch which not applicable for this situation.

Thieves like this need to be found. We work long hours to dream what we want and thives can only take it away from us 1 minute at a time. Lesson learn Here, I thought I live in a safe quite neighbor hood in the San Jose evergreen area but unfortunately I was wrong this is the place where thieves go out to take everything you have that you work on years. its funny because authority said I can't even touch them inside my property if I saw them in a actual scene. Wtf!! Trust me next thieve that have balls I will throw a kitchen knife in front of them and start shooting. **** it I will do time if necessary atleast one thieve at a time for ease of mind.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:21 PM   #13
Low Saturn

Sorry to hear that. I see you mentioned living in the Evergreen area. That's where I live. Was your ZL1 black? I seen a black ZL1 from time to time in the area. I've seen one a couple times parked in front of the gym at Evergreen Square.

Edit: Just noticed that your car is Blu-ray not black.

Last edited by Low Saturn; 12-08-2015 at 12:52 PM.
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:07 PM   #14
Low Saturn

Just realized something. DSSTER's ZL1 was stolen the morning of December 4th.

I live in the same general area as him. Not sure how close yet. But very early that same morning I found that my Camaro was unlocked. I remember be waken up and getting something to drink very early that Friday morning. With everything that has been going on with Camaro's and neighborhood burglaries, I'm always looking out the windows and checking on our cars. As I was drinking my water a looked down into the driveway and noticed the red light on the dash wasn't blinking. The evening before I had gone out to the car to see if it would start because I was dealing with battery issues. At the time I just figured that it was possible, but unlikely that I forgot to lock the car after starting it. Now I'm more suspicious. Now I'm wondering if I woke because I was thirsty or did a noise from down below wake me?

I'm definitely going to go over my security camera footage from that evening/morning.