Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
gearhead440

Drives: Yellow 2SS, 6 speed manual
E-Force installation and dyno results

Edelbrock E-force with stock pulley, Thunder Racing Cheatr V3 cam, 65# fuel injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, MSD BAP, Vmax ported throttle body, NGK TR6 spark plugs, Granatelli plug wires, CAI In Black cold air intake from Apex-Speed (trimmed to fit), ADM race scoop, Rev Xtreme catch can, ceramic coated exhaust manifolds, stock front cat retained with rear cat removed, stock exhaust pipes, stock mufflers, BMR front and rear sway bars, Pedders front radial arm bushing inserts, BMR rear cradle bushing inserts, BMR rear toe rods, Pfadt rear trailing arms. LPE ZR1 clutch and flywheel assembly, also installed by Tick Performance

Supercharger, camshaft, rear cradle busing inserts and rear toe rod installation performed at Tick Performance in Mooresville, NC

Rear alignment performed at Randy Marion Chevrolet in Mooresville, NC

Tuning performed at PCM For Less, next door to Tick Performance in Mooresville, NC

Final numbers, 585 rwhp, 542 rwtq.

The owner loves her car!
Attached Images

Hers & His

Last edited by gearhead440; 03-30-2011 at 07:51 PM.
gearhead440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
WOW !!! Nice Numbers !! Congrats and welcome to the Blown Club !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
epstein
Account Suspended

Drives: SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to epstein
Nice work ...Nice Numbers...... Welcome to the FI Club!
epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
gearhead440

THANKS! I forgot to mention LPE ZR1 clutch and flywheel assembly, also installed by Tick Performance.

Hers & His
Old 03-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
You are the man! I knew you had top secret ops going on lately. she now has a sinister grin on her face! can't wait to see it hopefully this weekend!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #6
gearhead440

Thanks, Topgun1. Hope to see you guys soon!

Hers & His
Old 03-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #7
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Any internals? Mine broke piston in about two months at the same power level with even lower AF and less knock at the top end. For the size that Edelbrock puts some slam down that is for sure.

Within days another Eforce with same power destroyed his piston. Different installer and different tuner same result.

Pressure at the rails dropped off dramatically and well below specs with a BAP thus in real world driving was leaning out at WOT.

But overall...awesome build..love the suspension and the plaid skirt was nice too!
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #8
gearhead440

2010 SS RS, no internal mods and I've followed your posts on the subject. Due to recent rain, the car has only been driven in traffic from the shop to home and for about 15 minutes on the back roads at low speeds and moderate accelertion runs - no WOT runs have been performed on the car since it left the dyno. Thanks for the heads up - I'm hoping the JRE fuel rail upgrade and larger injectors coupled with a lighter right foot will enable the engine to live a longer and more productive life. Yeah, I really like skirts and boots!

Hers & His
Old 03-30-2011, 09:39 PM   #9
Huck1974
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Any internals? Mine broke piston in about two months at the same power level with even lower AF and less knock at the top end. For the size that Edelbrock puts some slam down that is for sure.

Within days another Eforce with same power destroyed his piston. Different installer and different tuner same result.

Pressure at the rails dropped off dramatically and well below specs with a BAP thus in real world driving was leaning out at WOT.

But overall...awesome build..love the suspension and the plaid skirt was nice too!
I was scared of that also. I decided on a fuel upgrade from the start. I guess any one of us can go boom.

Congrats on the nice numbers to the new FI junkie
Huck1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:48 PM   #10
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
looks really good.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:01 PM   #11
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead440 View Post
2010 SS RS, no internal mods and I've followed your posts on the subject. Due to recent rain, the car has only been driven in traffic from the shop to home and for about 15 minutes on the back roads at low speeds and moderate accelertion runs - no WOT runs have been performed on the car since it left the dyno. Thanks for the heads up - I'm hoping the JRE fuel rail upgrade and larger injectors coupled with a lighter right foot will enable the engine to live a longer and more productive life. Yeah, I really like skirts and boots!
I hope the best for you...I was very happy and actually pretty much did normal driving and one night at the drag strip 4 runs and one half day at a road course about 4 20 min sessions when I decided that I needed to put a cam, springs and timing chain in. When Brian went to do the cam he noticed a problem with one of the plugs and did a scope and saw a problem. That same night is when Ted cracked the heck out of his number 5 piston. He sent a big chunk out the exhaust. When Brian tore mine down he found it had burned a ring and only had slight damage on the piston itself. That is when we started looking hard at what might have been the root cause...no pun intended. On the dyno the injectors were still below duty cycle so that did not seem to be the issue. The JRE dual fuel delivery was not the issue. It seemed that the pressure was low or at least dropping way off at WOT. Down to around 40 lbs Turning up the BAP did not seem to increase the pressure like it should so we did some major research and found that the fuel control module was actually limiting the voltage from the BAP back down thus negated the whole effect. That is when we decided that switching to a dual fuel system was going to be a vital component to the build, if not the underlying cause of the failure.
Would our engines still be alive in stock form had we done fuel first? My gut says yes as we dont really put that many miles on our cars anyway. Would it be a 100,000 mile engine? No I dont really think so as there were so many other differences between a NA built motor and a FI motor. Compression being one, steel rings and forged pistons and rods being the other and are pretty important on a Roots vs a Centrifugical blower. But there is nothing like the feeling of being blown so get your feet wet..be safe and have fun.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:25 PM   #12
gearhead440

Thanks for all the responses - love the subtle blower whine! I've always wanted a gear drive just for the sound and now have something close enough but man the power .

2010 SS RS
I like the points you poise. From the inception of the build, when I first read about the E-Force in Hot Rod Magazine, September 2010 issue, we knew the supercharger and camshaft installation was going to happen, and made the solemn vow: no drag strip passes. In all honesty, we haven't even made a single WOT run yet since the SC and camshaft install and haven't even driven the car beyond a few miles due to the weather.

I've kept up with JRE's posts on the fuel rail upgrade in conjunction with the MSD BAP and also looked at the dual fuel pumps that you have in your build. Tick Performance also advised that the dual pumps work very well with the E-Force. We're making plans to install LT headers and high flow cats in the fall and I've started looking into the possibility of adding dual pumps as well at that time. I realize that the boost pressure will drop slightly with the addition of headers and higher flowing cats but that actually is not a bad thing IMO.

I'll measure the fuel pressure and see how well the pressure is maintained with BAP and JRE fuel rail upgrade in conjunction with the 65# injectors. The car was tuned on the dyno and driven on the road and tuned over the course of a few days to optimize the settings and provide a safe tune for the given configuration. Thanks for all the advise and experience shared (and it doesn't hurt to being a savings fund for forged internals, I suppose , *sigh* one MORE project on the list).

Hers & His
Old 03-31-2011, 07:10 PM   #13
lock

Drives: 11 2SS/RS E-Force Supercharged
Awesome! Love the pic w your wife. Matching glasses.

lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:23 PM   #14
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Very nice setup u got there
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote