Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-19-2016, 06:55 PM   #1
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
My collection of LTG parts...

I bought a selection of LTG parts for R&D and modification purposes, below are things I will be playing with in the future...

Throttle body
Intake manifold
Down Pipe
PCV tube
Turbo
TB inlet tube

It looks like a great potential gain may be a ported throttle body, or a bigger throttle body. There is a lot of meat that can be safely removed in this little TB

I also may try sticking an LGX throttle body on the car to see what it does...

I was hoping maybe to do a ported intake manifold like I do for the v6 cars, but there's really not much that can be done with it. it looks great on the inside, both sides.

Something else I'm going to play with is a high flow catted down pipe, hopefully I can keep the CEL off. I'd rather not go catless like what another company already sells, because then a tune would most likely be necessary. I'll try to make whatever I can and hopefully see some gains before messing with the tune and throwing the warranty totally out the window...

You can see the 2 cats I have taped together. I don't know if I'll need just one, or two to keep the CEL off, but on the flow bench the 2 cats flowed 32% better than the factory down pipe w/ factory cat... Obviously that's going to go down once I get some pipe and some bents in there, but it was nice to see that 2 high flow cats flowed quite a bit more than the 1 factory unit.

I bought an extra PCV hoping to put a catch can on the car. I reached out to elite engineering looking for help/suggestions, was hoping to buy their can for boosted applications, but got no response from them so far.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:37 PM   #2
Ashium

Drives: Camaro 2.0t, 300zx TT, LSTT Mustang
I'm curious to see breather mods. I'd like to see 2.5" charge pipes, intercooler inlets and outlets, TB, an expansion down pipe. I wonder how corked up the system really is.

Looking forward to what you can find.
Ashium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:47 PM   #3
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Have you compared the TB size to the 72mm for the Gen V LFX, maybe it or parts from it can be used to make one to fit.

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 04:25 PM   #4
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
Have you compared the TB size to the 72mm for the Gen V LFX, maybe it or parts from it can be used to make one to fit.
Both the LFX and new LGX have 72mm TB's. For some reason the LGX TB is about $50 cheaper than the LFX TB.

I'm betting the LGX will be plug and play, maybe the LFX also? But of course an adapter would have to be made. It would have to have kind of a radius/velocity stack affair to it because even the 72mm TB is way bigger than the opening and it wouldn't seal to the oring. (see ghetto design image below, GREEN color is oring in the intake manifold.)

I'll try it. Don't know if it will help or hurt performance, but it's worth trying.
Attached Images

Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote