Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-31-2014, 12:18 PM   #15
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarbrit View Post
Soooo funny, I thought it was just me that noticed this. I had a black Camaro with red stripes spot me from an overpass, then raced around to catch up to me. She slowed to pull up beside me and as soon as she saw I was a woman, bolted. I pulled up beside a white 2014 convertible ZL1 earlier this week, a beautiful lady was driving but she wouldn't even acknowledge me. Whatever.....

Most women won't waive either....I do at everyone!

I have to agree cause most I of the females that I've came across driving camaros rarely wave when I wave. some don't even look my way. But not for nothing If I roll up on a female in a mustang be it driving, pulling up to a light. They'll acknowledge me.

Either a smirk, or a ugh it's a camaro face. Either way it never fails they'll look. Lol !!
Old 07-31-2014, 12:22 PM   #16
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
For sure. You get past a certain age and no one cares. They may be thinking "why is that old guy driving a nice car".
But I'm not old
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:27 PM   #17
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Being old is when you buy the car of your dreams and then bitch about how hard it is to get in and out of..
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:03 PM   #18
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
I am too busy checking out the car to notice if the driver is male or female.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:48 PM   #19
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
But not for nothing If I roll up on a female in a mustang be it driving, pulling up to a light. They'll acknowledge me.
Happened to me the other day. Black 5.0..couldnt see in the windows at first but we had some fun "driving" down the street competitively for a little. Then she rolled her window down to compliment the exhaust. She turned out to be pretty attractive..but thats beyond the point. Most guys take it too serious and act like they cant be car guys with you for a sec.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:44 PM   #20
87GNX

Drives: Alot
When I had my 2010 Merc S550 women all the time pulled up trying to get a peek (staring), I had dark (15%) tint all around it, it definitely brought out the gold diggers, tons of them in my neck of the woods.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:49 PM   #21
Xello

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarbrit View Post
Another thing I find funny is when a random vehicle is pulling up behind me at a light, and the ladies start fixing their hair, looking cool etc. I'll run my fingers through my hair so they can see who's driving and it stops immediately. They think its some hot dude driving and trying to make an impression. I'm surprised some of you guys don't see the same thing.....
I think most of us guys are clueless and when we see a lady behind us in our mirrors "fixing her hair, looking cool, etc.", all we see is a lady fixing her hair.
Xello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:50 PM   #22
Phail

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 IOM
The only thing I ever notice around town is how beat up, curb rashed and filthy the mustang and camaro's are with female drivers (in general, settle down its obviously not anyone on this site who cares about their rides).

Poor cars :(
Phail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:21 PM   #23
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xello View Post
I think most of us guys are clueless and when we see a lady behind us in our mirrors "fixing her hair, looking cool, etc.", all we see is a lady fixing her hair.
Well, I guess that could be true too, but being a woman, it sure seems like its to catch other drivers attention. Or, maybe I just think I have an uber cool car and everyone is checking it out regardless of what they are doing....sometimes true, sometimes maybe not so much!
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:24 PM   #24
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Most women who pull up beside me or behind me are texting (illegally) and my main concern is not getting hit when the light turns green.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:06 PM   #25
Valkyrja
Shieldmaiden

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2LT/RS
I see a lot of Camaros in the area and I have seen quite a few with other women behind the wheel. Have not had any do the primp and disappointed thing yet although it would be cute to see. As long as my GF does not mind (she wouldn't, she would just laugh).
Valkyrja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:14 PM   #26
FancyTemptation

Drives: 2010 SS 6Speed Transformers Edition
I've been stuck at multiple lights where girls in convertibles would squeal as they pulled up next to me and wave only to freeze mid-motion when they realized that I, another female, was driving. Then they all pointedly look in the opposite direction...

Also, I agree with everyone else that I have never had a female wave back at me. Men, all the time, but never another woman.
FancyTemptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:16 PM   #27
Gillis

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Most women who pull up beside me or behind me are texting (illegally) and my main concern is not getting hit when the light turns green.
This.
Gillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:29 PM   #28
Milli901

Drives: 2014 Black Chevy Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by homewrecker View Post
Pictures, so we know you're not a dude.
Name:  PicsArt_1405981072499.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  609.0 KB

Very much a woman!!