Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #225
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
How does this have anything to do with whats going on in our country? Just curious...
Because a drug dealer who made his money or a person with an edcation from USF(Known for Engineering Degrees) decided to build a hideous car?
Looks to me as someone however, where ever they got their money chose to build something THEY liked! My posts are more pointed towards the fact that it is "the owners choice".... I see cars on here with vertical doors, widebody kits and reversed hoods that look as ghetto as this thing (well maybe not), or transformers car built by adults that continue a stupid fad. The fact that the people on here decided to go to the builders FB and blast them speaks volumes for the type of people here, because if its not to our standards its garbage??
The amount of work that went into this thing is apparent, the time it took to fit the tires and wheels, to make sure ALL the speakers function and monitors worked is a pretty fair amount of labor. I appreciate anything that is custom, even though I might not like it or like to see it in my driveway.

Very well said and I agree considering I work in a fabrication shop.

"BUT" That car is still disgusting.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #226
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
Parade float comes to mind, or Mardi Gras style...way overdone for anything but entertainment
Old 11-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #227
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
What has been seen... Sadly, cannot be un-seen
Old 11-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #228
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR ZL1 View Post
I can't believe there is actually over 5500 people that liked it on Face book.
Must be the people from mygettoride.com. Or howtoruinaZL1.com
Old 11-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #229
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
This is America, individuals can express themselves anyway they like, it's their right to do so. I say rock on.....
Old 11-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #230
urbancamarofan

Drives: 2005 Dodge Ram
For me, it looks stylish and nice.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #231
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpimp00 View Post
So now, if the mods dont like a members car, they get blasted on the front page of this site. WTF!!!!
+1..... not cool.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #232
STuRTzz

Drives: '12 Summit White 2ls W/Black Stripe
Wow its even on the home page of yahoo!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #233
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykb47l View Post
+1..... not cool.
the word "Douche" comes to mind. I thought this was Camaro5.com, not some hate forum. This has gone way too far.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #234
IMJ

Drives: 2012 SS LS3 | Silver Frost Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
How does this have anything to do with whats going on in our country? Just curious...
Because a drug dealer who made his money or a person with an edcation from USF(Known for Engineering Degrees) decided to build a hideous car?
Looks to me as someone however, where ever they got their money chose to build something THEY liked! My posts are more pointed towards the fact that it is "the owners choice".... I see cars on here with vertical doors, widebody kits and reversed hoods that look as ghetto as this thing (well maybe not), or transformers car built by adults that continue a stupid fad. The fact that the people on here decided to go to the builders FB and blast them speaks volumes for the type of people here, because if its not to our standards its garbage??
The amount of work that went into this thing is apparent, the time it took to fit the tires and wheels, to make sure ALL the speakers function and monitors worked is a pretty fair amount of labor. I appreciate anything that is custom, even though I might not like it or like to see it in my driveway.
Great post here. I disagree completely though. To be clear, the drug dealer thing - the association you made there? That was your association, not mine. Although it serves my point - there are implicit associations that we make with content like this, and the implicit association I make with it is waste, unnecessary excess and the kind of poor decision making I see going on around us for all the wrong reasons, man.

It's amplified by the passive attitudes(see quote) that let this stuff leak out into society as a whole and become something more than art, for example a statement or expression of a critical thinking error (i.e., this car represents my culture and so I'm going to shove it in your f'n face).

How about we take those resources and do something that makes sense with them?
Old 11-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #235
JSLSlim

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS A6
My younger daughter had to run to the bathroom and barf when she saw the images and my older daughter fell to the floor and had an epileptic seizure :bangdesk:... Not sure if insurance will cover these afflictions...

I can only say that I respect the amount of work that went into the vehicle, but from almost any perspective the vehicle is hideous.
2030 Order Edited by Chevrolet (7/12/2012)
3300 Order Selected and Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant (8/9/2012 - TPW: 8/20/2012)
3800 Vehicle Produced (8/25/2012)
4B00 Bayed (9/4/2012)
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealership (9/18/2012)
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer (9/19/2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #236
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Great post here. I disagree completely though. To be clear, the drug dealer thing - the association you made there? That was your association, not mine. Although it serves my point - there are implicit associations that we make with content like this, and the implicit association I make with it is waste, unnecessary excess and the kind of poor decision making I see going on around us for all the wrong reasons, man.

It's amplified by the passive attitudes(see quote) that let this stuff leak out into society as a whole and become something more than art, for example a statement or expression of a critical thinking error (i.e., this car represents my culture and so I'm going to shove it in your f'n face).

How about we take those resources and do something that makes sense with them?
I dont think 818 customs was shoving the car in our face. I think camaro5 blew this thing way up (especially since its on the front page). Attacking their FB page? Yea, real mature behavior. I know people who have built camaros pushing 1,000 hp. Thats excess isnt it? People can do what they want with their money. They have the resources they worked hard for to make there dreams come true. I know there are people out there who get off on hate, but come on. This is Camaro5.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #237
IMJ

Drives: 2012 SS LS3 | Silver Frost Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
I dont think 818 customs was shoving the car in our face. I think camaro5 blew this thing way up (especially since its on the front page). Attacking their FB page? I know there are people out their who get off on hate, but come on people.
I agree. But don't confuse my argument about the bigger picture with this. Because... well basically that's the easiest refutation in denial of what I'm saying here.

Another problem plaguing the country at the moment - "if you present an argument against my bullshit, then you are a racist".
Old 11-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #238
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Screw it...I'd cruise with whoever owns it. Just saying...I like ALL Camaro's, from the bone stocks - to the wildest customs.

Closed Thread