Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
Dyno'd E-Force today on L99

Ok everyone. Will try and keep this short and let the numbers talk for themselves. Basically, "It is what it is".

The series of shots below show from prior to E-Force with just Borla Shorties and "S" Type CatBack which I love the sound. ( DYNOJET) to E-Force with MSD 8.5 wires to E-Force with Granatelli Zero Ohm wires.

Saw it for my self folks, even got to help out and witness the work going on so no tricks.

Planned to get a tune today as well but Joey Granatelli said not needed. The canned tune was doing a great job and he could tweek it a little but no good reason to. (Speaks volumes for the guy right there)
This is the Borla DYNOJET followed by E-Force with MSD and than E-Force with Granatelli Zero Ohm wires. You will notice the note of "ADM lid off" Took this off to see if it would cool the intake air any, ( I have the street intake) It did but only showed an increase of a couple hp overall. Wires showed a strong increase of..... look at the numbers for yourself...
Name:  Borla Shorties and Cat Back.jpg
Views: 1889
Size:  106.6 KB
Name:  With MSD 8.5 #2.jpg
Views: 1824
Size:  74.7 KB
Name:  With MSD 8.5 wires.jpg
Views: 1836
Size:  108.2 KB
Name:  With GMS Wires.jpg
Views: 1797
Size:  73.4 KB
Name:  With GMS #1811S Wires.jpg
Views: 1806
Size:  135.8 KB

If you don't get a set of these wires your passing up on the cheapest hp gain of all.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
You must of had really bad wires on the car ( I hate MSD's)

Either the wires were just bad which would cause the car to skip/misfire bad or from the looks of it the graph looks like the lower #'s were a dyno pull in 3rd gear and the higher one is done in 4th gear.

Wouldn't gain anything switching to there wire from a good GM wire at those power levels.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Wait, you have an Eforce car that makes 420 rwhp??
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
4xchamp
MURC 666

Drives: 69 Pace Car 68 Camaro Restomod 81 Z
I ran a dual point distributor and made power .
Old 04-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
Huck1974
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xchamp View Post
I ran a dual point distributor and made power .
20hp from plug wires?
Naaa
Huck1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
Tom D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
You must of had really bad wires on the car ( I hate MSD's)

Either the wires were just bad which would cause the car to skip/misfire bad or from the looks of it the graph looks like the lower #'s were a dyno pull in 3rd gear and the higher one is done in 4th gear.

Wouldn't gain anything switching to there wire from a good GM wire at those power levels.
OE wire on multimeter ohm'ed out at >800 ohms. MSD ohm was 25. No other changes folks. I'm to novice at this stuff to try and fool a drunk hooker.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Old 04-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
Andrew@SPItuning

Drives: 2010 SS
Magic wires?

I have had a lot of customers asking me about these wires. Everybody wants to know if all the hype is real. Everything that I know tells me there is no way a set of plug wires can make this much power, unless you are replacing a set of wires in poor condition. Might just have to get a set and try them on our Procharged shop car. The car is very repeatable on the dyno, and we have logged more than 30 pulls, so we would have a very accurate baseline. Our car currently has a new set of MSD wires, we also have a brand new set of GM wires in the box to test as well. Anybody else want to see this?
Andrew@SPItuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #8
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifted Perceptions View Post
I have had a lot of customers asking me about these wires. Everybody wants to know if all the hype is real. Everything that I know tells me there is no way a set of plug wires can make this much power, unless you are replacing a set of wires in poor condition. Might just have to get a set and try them on our Procharged shop car. The car is very repeatable on the dyno, and we have logged more than 30 pulls, so we would have a very accurate baseline. Our car currently has a new set of MSD wires, we also have a brand new set of GM wires in the box to test as well. Anybody else want to see this?
sure, I am skeptical though, but the proof would be in the pudding.
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #9
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
that's what I was thinking.
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #10
Huck1974
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquirrel View Post
that's what I was thinking.
I thought this was maybe a dyno before the install only with supporting mods? Then I realized he said something about the canned tune that would suggest this dyno is with the blower on the car.

If that is the case, I'm just not really sure what to say.
Huck1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #11
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
It was an L99 and only the "canned" tune. He should have gained around 100 to 110 hp with it. Looks like it gained around 90.

Shouda used the stock wires.

Just kidding, nothing wrong with 420, that's plenty to have fun with. Now he can send Edelbrock's warranty dealer $175 and have it warrantied for the balance of three years.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #12
Tom D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck1974 View Post
I thought this was maybe a dyno before the install only with supporting mods? Then I realized he said something about the canned tune that would suggest this dyno is with the blower on the car.

If that is the case, I'm just not really sure what to say.
The S/C is on only on the second two pulls. Like I said I am a novice at this stuff. If there is any confusion it is most likely my fault. Read the numbers folks, wish there was more at the wheels but "it is what it is". Edelbrock shows the same numbers on the L99 for their tests.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #13
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifted Perceptions View Post
Might just have to get a set and try them on our Procharged shop car. The car is very repeatable on the dyno, and we have logged more than 30 pulls, so we would have a very accurate baseline. Our car currently has a new set of MSD wires, we also have a brand new set of GM wires in the box to test as well. Anybody else want to see this?
I vote Yes
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #14
Tom D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
It was an L99 and only the "canned" tune. He should have gained around 100 to 120 hp with it. Looks like it gained around 90.

Shouda used the stock wires.

Just kidding, nothing wrong with 420, that's plenty to have fun with. Now he can send Edelbrock's warranty dealer $175 and have it warrantied for the balance of three years.
Was going to untill I found out they won't warranty with aftermarket headers.