Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #29
Chris@Livernois

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck1974 View Post
I don't trust any BAP. I have gone boom before. I do my own work and my cost was not $500 different when I actually called ADM. Call all of them and then decide.
We've used and installed BAP's as far back as I can remember. Our 2003 Cobra had a KB blower and KB BAP in 2003 and was one of the first high power Cobras I remember. That car was sold in 2004 and the current owner street drives it, drag races it, and road races it and has never had a single issue. I don't know of any pump failures from a car we've installed a BAP on in 8 years and several hundred BAP's.

-Rick
Chris@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #30
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick@Livernois View Post
We've used and installed BAP's as far back as I can remember. Our 2003 Cobra had a KB blower and KB BAP in 2003 and was one of the first high power Cobras I remember. That car was sold in 2004 and the current owner street drives it, drag races it, and road races it and has never had a single issue. I don't know of any pump failures from a car we've installed a BAP on in 8 years and several hundred BAP's.

-Rick
I think ADM and Livernois are both good systems, most people have ADM simply because of market timing (time to market the ADM pump design was ahead of the rest) and Livernois setup is different for same reasons (coming out later allowed them to use OEM pumps and harness attachments).
One is more expensive simply because of the cabling harness and aftermarket controller which "may" provide a better stream of voltage for 700rwhp. applications. My personal opinion; I think the stock electrical system for the fuel system is adequate for 600-700rwhp. applications. Anything more than 700rwhp. most likely will require more attention to detail on both systems which probably equates to a BAP and back to stock fuel controller.
Either way my understanding of having a BAP simply ensures even voltage flow, and having one most likely means no re-wiring.
Having a dual fuel pump and a BAP seems to be the way to go in order to have extra redundancy in the electrical / fuel sytem to ensure good fuel flow on a 1000rwhp. setup.
I've made my decsion, many thanks to the vendors that assisted with my many decison making questions.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #31
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
You cannot use a stock fpcm with a boostapump and dual fuel pump module.

The boostapump is rated at 40 amps peak,the dual fuel pump module we use and lpe use have a peak at 80amps...do the math!

If you venture off the path,your chances of getting hurt are very high
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #32
sspaul

Drives: 2010 ss camaro, imperial blue
Send a message via AIM to sspaul Send a message via Yahoo to sspaul
what about the pumps that ips offers?
www.twitter.com/1djchampagne
mods: borla long tube headers, borla atak catback, lingenfelter gt-9 cam, ported heads, ecs base kit running 11 psi on top end, 1" bmr drop spring, aam 3.70 gears, ported throttle body, 160* thermorstat, lethal racing tune

750/641 rwhp/rwtq
sspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:36 PM   #33
Huck1974
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
You cannot use a stock fpcm with a boostapump and dual fuel pump module.

The boostapump is rated at 40 amps peak,the dual fuel pump module we use and lpe use have a peak at 80amps...do the math!

If you venture off the path,your chances of getting hurt are very high

This!

The very first think I purchased for the car was an ADM fuel system. Fuel is the most important thing. Skimp somewhere else.
Huck1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #34
Andy@Livernois

Drives: 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T
As Rick said, we have hundreds of cars with dual pumps and a single BAP with no issues what so ever. It has much more to do with the install of the BAP than anything else. Trust me, we are not a company that skimps on design. We have over 65 years of heritage and history of OEM development and engineering. We saw a solution that was a more customer friendly install and worked from there. We tested it in numerous vehicles before it was ever released and have had zero hiccups, issues, or problems period. We have sold close to a hundred to date, and again, have had zero customers call with issues.
Andy@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #35
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy@Livernois View Post
As Rick said, we have hundreds of cars with dual pumps and a single BAP with no issues what so ever. It has much more to do with the install of the BAP than anything else. Trust me, we are not a company that skimps on design. We have over 65 years of heritage and history of OEM development and engineering. We saw a solution that was a more customer friendly install and worked from there. We tested it in numerous vehicles before it was ever released and have had zero hiccups, issues, or problems period. We have sold close to a hundred to date, and again, have had zero customers call with issues.
Ok, but what if the BAP fails, is it like Kenne Bell? Will it simply stop working and leave you with the stock pump output? Or is your system different and at least give you warning of the failure?
This is the reason I am going with the ADM system, I have heard of two instances where what I just described happened. In both cases the engine failed and the owners paid the price.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:07 AM   #36
Andy@Livernois

Drives: 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Ok, but what if the BAP fails, is it like Kenne Bell? Will it simply stop working and leave you with the stock pump output? Or is your system different and at least give you warning of the failure?
This is the reason I am going with the ADM system, I have heard of two instances where what I just described happened. In both cases the engine failed and the owners paid the price.
It indeed is a Kenne Bell. However that is a big if. As stated we aren't talking about a handful of cars, we are talking hundreds upon hundreds of cars that we have doe BAP installs on, not just Camaros, but a wide array of cars. With our experience BAP's are usually DOA (only seen this twice in almost 6 years), misused (setting them above 35-40%), or improperly installed (this could be flat out incorrect procedure, or just inadequate connections) when failures occured. Have we seen ones fail? Yes, but not that we have installed.

We purposely make the BAP bypassable in case there was ever a failure so at least the car is drivable, but again, its a big what if. No different than "what if my pump fails" or "what if my FPCM fails". Electronics sometimes go bad. It's a risk we all take, but again, we aren't out there to skimp, or underengineer. Also, if the BAP fails, it should instantly fail, no different than popping a fuse on a different kit.
Andy@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #37
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

They key is to purchase what you require that's within your budget that will fit the immediate need, and also has room for growth.
From what I can tell ADM and Livernois dual fuel pumps have additional options for upwards of 1000+hp installations, each taking a similar but differnt approach, and both have sold numerous units. Whos' to say which one has the better technology for the price point?
I haven't heard anything negative from anyone on either of these techs., but I have heard of some BAP disasters but it was all hearsay and that hearsay was about folks that did major mods like a supercharger and then didn't purchase dual fuel pump and instead went with BAP.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:17 AM   #38
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
They key is to purchase what you require that's within your budget that will fit the immediate need, and also has room for growth.
From what I can tell ADM and Livernois dual fuel pumps have additional options for upwards of 1000+hp installations, each taking a similar but differnt approach, and both have sold numerous units. Whos' to say which one has the better technology for the price point?
I haven't heard anything negative from anyone on either of these techs., but I have heard of some BAP disasters but it was all hearsay and that hearsay was about folks that did major mods like a supercharger and then didn't purchase dual fuel pump and instead went with BAP.
True, both cases I know of were running BAP on a single pump. They were also supercarged. I have been building my car for about two years now, all along the way I have tried to do my homework and buy the best once vs. enough to get by, then upgrade. When LPE did my engine the twin pumps were not avail. also with the rest of the stuff I am doing a single pump just wont keep up.
The major issue with the BAP is if it malfunctions, you are only running a stock pump. Or in this case two stock pumps, but you have no way other than the car falling on its face to know it happened. WOT on two stock pumps with over 800 hp spells bad things.
I guess the same could be said of one of the pumps failing, or a board problem.
The way I look at it is it is just one that I can eliminate.
I am sure they put together a good system, and are telling the truth about reliability, it is just not for me.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:41 AM   #39
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
True, both cases I know of were running BAP on a single pump. They were also supercarged. I have been building my car for about two years now, all along the way I have tried to do my homework and buy the best once vs. enough to get by, then upgrade. When LPE did my engine the twin pumps were not avail. also with the rest of the stuff I am doing a single pump just wont keep up.
The major issue with the BAP is if it malfunctions, you are only running a stock pump. Or in this case two stock pumps, but you have no way other than the car falling on its face to know it happened. WOT on two stock pumps with over 800 hp spells bad things.
I guess the same could be said of one of the pumps failing, or a board problem.
The way I look at it is it is just one that I can eliminate.
I am sure they put together a good system, and are telling the truth about reliability, it is just not for me.
I wouldn' be surprised if everyone is using the same OEM pumps to create their dual pumps. Regardless, like I said I think it all depends on individual application, ADM is probably overkill for the average person who just wants to bolt on an SC, and from what I can tell Fastlane, ADM and Livernois are all rated for 700+hp. So, what's the diff.? I'm sure its' simply a matter of preference, and not that big a deal. If you feel more confident replacing your OEM controller for a new one and some cabling, then pay the extra $ for that level of confidence.
Personally, I believe there weren't many players in the market originally and that adds some level of merit but doesn't mean it's the only reliable product on the market. People say a BAP will blow your engine, most people have BAP and no issues, other folks say for added insurance get a dual pump, some say ADM is the way to go, others say they used Fastlane or Livernois. It's all good, thank goodness we live in a democracy it's all about choices, and what your willing to put out there to ensure your confidence. Personally, I don't think my installer would stray any of their clients in the wrong direction or use sub-standard parts on their own Camaro SS shop car. So, not being an expert I put my trust in knowing they are good at what they do and so it's not simply a money issue it's a cost / benefit issue. I've seen them mod numerous Camaro's with SC and fuel pumps, Corvettes, Cobras, tricked out trucks and numerous 1970's muscle cars.
So, unlike some folks, I'm not a guy planning on dropping my tank in my garage to install a fuel pump just to blow my engine and then blame the vendor. I go to professionals to have my work done. I also have some level of confidence well known companies wouldn't put their name on the line simply to outsell their competition with a substandard product at a lower cost. I think most people don't make decisions based solely on status quo, but isntead do research and then make decisions.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #40
jasycz28
J.Sick

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Our kit comes with the proper gauge wiring(New harness fpcm connector with fuse protection at the battery)these pumps demand.The factory Camaro wiring is made to run 1 pump and not 2.

I hope this helps.

Call me or email me for C5 Member discount
How well does your kit run with E85? What kind of HP can it support with E85?
Old 05-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #41
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasycz28 View Post
How well does your kit run with E85? What kind of HP can it support with E85?
650 on e-85

BTW You must use a return line system and eliminate the fpcm,Install a regulator as well as a Kennebell DUAL boostapump.HIGHEST DIFICULTY FACTOR INSTALL OUT THERE.

Go read about our whipple e85 427 build.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #42
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I have the Livernois dual fuel hat and the MSD BAP and they are working fine.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote