Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #183
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
I don't see the car being parted out. I see it fixed and resold at MSRP or more. I'm wondering if they have another dealer where they can sell it "used" or something.
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #184
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by roorback View Post
I don't see the car being parted out. I see it fixed and resold at MSRP or more. I'm wondering if they have another dealer where they can sell it "used" or something.
Like a demo or program car? Otherwise, there are other ZL1s available - at least in my area.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #185
Bolt-onC6

Drives: 2017 Corvette
$50K for the car and another $10K to fix it to end up with a wrecked car. You could buy a new, undamaged for a little less.
Bolt-onC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #186
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Things like this make it hard to trust a dealership. Also, I just posted on their facebook wall for others to see what they are doing. (https://www.facebook.com/lindsaychevroletwoodbridge)

Also check out this: http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442123 Seems a few members got some info.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #187
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
My first new 05 GTO was damaged before I bought it with 38 mi. First I found 60psi in tires then when I looked close there was a paint run from front tire to rear tire below lower body line. Then I saw paint on gaskets broken tab on bumper etc… I found out it was just a scratch but they fraked up the car so bad fixing it I got a refund and had the identical car brought in to a different dealer. If you have access to GM system you can find history of car before its titled.
TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #188
USMC Anti Venom

Drives: Soon to be ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
Things like this make it hard to trust a dealership. Also, I just posted on their facebook wall for others to see what they are doing. (https://www.facebook.com/lindsaychevroletwoodbridge)

Also check out this: http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442123 Seems a few members got some info.

Pulled up their page to see it. They can and probably will take it off considering they don't want a bad rep on their page. But for people like us we can spread the word other ways.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #189
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012conv.rs/ss View Post
Pulled up their page to see it. They can and probably will take it off considering they don't want a bad rep on their page. But for people like us we can spread the word other ways.
Definitely. I've started to spread word as best as I can.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #190
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
And people wonder why I order my cars. Saw my car hours after it came off the carrier. Plus,the chevy dealer is owned my the same company i work for,so i would have heard if it was damaged.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #191
Devilfish
US Navy Chief

Drives: Camaro Sold
Any of you guys that live in the area of NOVA should go to the WAVY 10 website and report to 10 on your side. I no longer live there so they may not take it the same way because the ask you to provide an address in the online form.
Devilfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #192
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
This really sucks i wonder what my 3rd gen will do this motor in it.

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #193
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Depending on state and $$$ of damage they have to disclose it to the buyer. If not, and the buyer finds out later it's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

If damage is under a certain amount they do not have to disclose it. Varies state to state and dollar amounts and type of damage. Usually tires , glass ect are excluded.

Here is an example of the NC Law.

You’re buying a car, but you’re worried that it may have been damaged in the past. Learn what sellers are supposed to tell you about damage to a car they’re selling in North Carolina.
New Cars
  • Dealers are required to disclose in writing any damage and repair that exceeds five percent of the manufacturer’s suggested retail price before you enter into a contract.
  • Dealers are not required to disclose any damage to glass, tires or bumpers if the damaged item has been replaced with original or comparable equipment.
  • If a new car has been repaired for damages that do not exceed five percent of the manufacturer’s suggested retail price, then the dealer does not have to tell you about the damage unless you ask.
  • If a new car has been damaged more than the five percent threshold, the North Carolina Automobile Dealer’s Association recommends that its dealers disclose it in writing on company letterhead. A copy of this disclosure should be submitted along with the title to the Division of Motor Vehicles.

Just wanted to add, that I know someone who works at a dealer, brand unimportant, and the way they get around the limits is they dont include labor and they sell the parts at discount prices or comp it to themselves. If it doesnt show up on the repair sheet it doesnt count......or so he says......
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #194
Ed's 2SS/RS

Drives: 2011 conv. Camaro 2SS/RS
I had my car taken for an 8 mile joy ride with my 522 hp 2011 2ss/rs convertible but in that 8 miles they used a half a tank of gas and I dont know what they did but because my average mpg went down so much with the average of about 1500 miles they must have beat it up and idled all the gas out of it. The dealership to stay away from is REEDMAN TOLL AUTO WORLD ( located in Langhorne Pa 19047)they are considered the best in the country for dealerships but people dont know how horrific their service department is. The onl;y way they can make this right just wont happen without the employee or employees arrested being part of it. paperwork says 2502 in and 2503 out with my half tank of gas supposedly still in it with 13.3 mpg ave actual pick up mileage was 2511 less than a gallon of gas and 12.6 mpg it took taking highway drives at about 20-22 mpg for about 150 miles to get it to 12.7 and to boot they damaged my front 3 times in a row so to stay out of jail I didnt not go back filed a complaint with GM and now in talks but everones hands are tied
Ed's 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #195
Ed's 2SS/RS

Drives: 2011 conv. Camaro 2SS/RS
Oh and I would buy that ZL1 for 25000 but I know that aint happeneing either lol
Ed's 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #196
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
Just curious, in relation to this topic (which nauseates me), does GM have a delivery option where you can tour the plant and take delivery there and drive your car home?
Unfortunately, the only model vehicle that is able to currently have plant tours is the Corvette. Even then, the delivery still has to be set up through the dealer. With the plant being located in Canada, there is no option of a plant tour. I hope this information is what you needed.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote