Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-05-2010, 11:44 AM   #29
bradRS

Drives: Pontiac Solstice GXP
Smart move to Alpha. Engines are getting far better these days, so the performance will come in many forms. Maybe even a diesel or hybrid Camaro. LOL Something for everyone

Camaro is making $$$ with the V8's. I'm sure they will continue to offer them for 8heads. Nothing can replace the real sound. However, they are experimenting with active sound in many upcoming vehicles, but i'm not too keen on that just yet.

Gotta love speculation and the varying opinions. This thread is going to become massive.
11/25/2009 3000, Order accepted by production control (second time)
12/3/2009 3300, Order scheduled for production
12/9/2009 3400, Order Broadcast
12/10/2009 3800, Order Produced VIN 2G1FG1EV4A9177814
12/15/2009 4000, Available to Ship from OSH by Railroad
bradRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:45 AM   #30
CamaroTransAmFAM
DIE HARD G.M.FAN 4 LIFE

Drives: 99 TransAm WS6,00 TransAm WS6,05GTP
da auto world is getting 2 be too damm soft who and da heck wants a sports car with a V6???? turbocharged R not i WANT a V8 engine!!!!!!! all this MPG stuff is getting to be annoying who cares about MPG anyway i love muscle carz i hate da idea of a v8 not existing in a Camaro GM dont do it!!!!!!!! all US V8 loving guyz should start a petition & send it to GM to let them kno we love V8 cars,we already had to live with da fact of da Trans Am not being remade so GM please dont kill da Camaro too........
#1 DIE HARD GM FAN SSuperior MotorSportz "the SSpirit of Championz,The Attitude of Winnerz,"TEAM FBODY WE LIVE AND BREATHE PERFORMANCE"General Motors 4 Life "CAMARO & TRANS AM RACING ORGANIZATION" THE STREETZ IS A JUNGLE,ONLY 2 BEAST REIGN AS KING:THE PONTIAC TRANS AM WS6/FIREHAWK & CAMARO SS/Z28
CamaroTransAmFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:45 AM   #31
tmurphycardesign
Tmurphycardesign

Drives: 17 ss 1LE arctic blue
alright everyone, Im a designer for cadillac (i havent said so before because i dont want to be bugged about stuff i cant say..sorry) and i, am working on the alpha cadillac. now i obviously cant tell or say much..but what i can tell u is that the alpha platform is great! tight overhangs, good proportions, and yes ive seen how the camaro will look and it looks great! so much that as cool as it is to see it, at the same its a curse because i see mine (5th gen) and i see everything that looks wrong.... weight and size is much improved too, overall camaro goin onto alpha will only make the car better.. in all ways.
tmurphycardesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #32
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Come on guys get real, they're not going to sell canaria without a v8 option, I can't believe how much you're buying into this.
Even if the ss gets a 400+ v6 there will be a higher trim with a v8, either a z28 or zL1
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #33
CamaroTransAmFAM
DIE HARD G.M.FAN 4 LIFE

this thread is sparkin up a lot of heat no 1 wants a V6 Camaro SS that dont even sound right Camaro SS V6 this will be a HUGE mistake GM trust me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who's making these decisionz R better yet who's coming up with these wack ideaz????? whoever this person is needz 2 be fired immediatly
#1 DIE HARD GM FAN SSuperior MotorSportz "the SSpirit of Championz,The Attitude of Winnerz,"TEAM FBODY WE LIVE AND BREATHE PERFORMANCE"General Motors 4 Life "CAMARO & TRANS AM RACING ORGANIZATION" THE STREETZ IS A JUNGLE,ONLY 2 BEAST REIGN AS KING:THE PONTIAC TRANS AM WS6/FIREHAWK & CAMARO SS/Z28
Old 02-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #34
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
We're already seeing plenty of "I don't care about the performance, the feel, the sound, the price... I only care that 8 is a bigger number than 6!" It's dumb, but a dumb customer's money is as good as a smart customer's money, so GM will probably put a V8 in one of the models even if it's the same performance as the turbocharged V6.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:56 AM   #35
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
only way i'd really accept a V6 SS is if it blew a V8 mustang out of the water... if not, i'll take a V8 please.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #36
CamaroTransAmFAM
DIE HARD G.M.FAN 4 LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurphycardesign View Post
alright everyone, Im a designer for cadillac (i havent said so before because i dont want to be bugged about stuff i cant say..sorry) and i, am working on the alpha cadillac. now i obviously cant tell or say much..but what i can tell u is that the alpha platform is great! tight overhangs, good proportions, and yes ive seen how the camaro will look and it looks great! so much that as cool as it is to see it, at the same its a curse because i see mine (5th gen) and i see everything that looks wrong.... weight and size is much improved too, overall camaro goin onto alpha will only make the car better.. in all ways.
whatz the point of owning a Camaro without a v8 where's the fun N that????
Old 02-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #37
CamaroTransAmFAM
DIE HARD G.M.FAN 4 LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-camaro View Post
only way i'd really accept a V6 SS is if it blew a V8 mustang out of the water... if not, i'll take a V8 please.
AGREED!!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #38
F N MUSCLE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurphycardesign View Post
UHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Information like this makes me sad. I absolutely love my car, but if they are making it that much better, minus the V6, I almost want to wait and see what GM has up its sleeve. Yeah, its four or five years off, but as we have all seen with our cars, amazing things come to those who wait. I know tmurphy can't give us anymore information regarding the 6th Gen, but when I hear "I see everything that looks wrong," I get a little nervous. :(
F N MUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #39
CamaroTransAmFAM
DIE HARD G.M.FAN 4 LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Well, I also am accustomed to a V8 representing American muscle, but the times are a changin! Just look at fords Ecoboost V6 in the Taurus SHO....I've read that thing is a torque monster. (although I don't think its much easier on the gas sipping than a V8) I've also read they've actually limited its power output....that its capable of more. Anyways, as much as I love the sound of a good V8, IF they could do the V6 right, I'd accept one in an SS model.

That said, I really don't feel that the V8 will go away completely in the next-gen. If anything, I think the Z-28 (or whatever the top performance model will be) will have a V-8.

The good thing from the article is the claim that weight may come down! A couple hundred pounds off would be very sweet!
A tauras sho is junk its ugly its trash its a freakin ford.....garbage GM 4 Life
Old 02-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #40
BearDownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS orange
I'd be really disappointed if there were no v8 available for the Camaro, I mean come on its a CAMARO not a friggin nissan z!
BearDownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #41
n!ght r!der
That Guy

Drives: really good
a 3.6l v6 supercharged or not...is the opposite of muscle...by then, camaros will be everywhere and people are gonna want to buy mustangs just because they will probably be the only affordable v8 car left ..... and NOBODY wants that to happen, or at least I hope they dont.
n!ght r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #42
Leolee

Drives: camaro
a camaro isnt a camaro w.o. a v8... enough said.
Leolee is offline   Reply With Quote