Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-17-2014, 05:02 PM   #29
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
The Audi TT example is a very nice one!

As far as your comment on GM nailing the exterior design, but being worried about the interior...I'm the exact opposite on that one.

I think the interior will be nice. Its the exterior I'm worried about the most. Sure, a nice interior is a bonus, but I'd much rather have a sweet looking car from the ouside and interior just be alright rather than the other way.

Opinions...everyone's got em.
Agree!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #30
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
The new challengers interior is nice, but before 2015 the interiors were horrible! Felt like sitting in a shitty ass Durango.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:52 PM   #31
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Interior is a massive improvement over the 5th gen.
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #32
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
I'm so jealous.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:06 PM   #33
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Mustang interior is nice, 2015 is better....Dodge pre 2015 was something from the 90's.. Camaro needs an interior update, yes it's cheap and empty imo. Chevy will deliver for the 2016. Lets just hope it doesnt scream tuner like mustang's exterior.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:31 PM   #34
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Mustang interior is nice, 2015 is better....Dodge pre 2015 was something from the 90's.. Camaro needs an interior update, yes it's cheap and empty imo. Chevy will deliver for the 2016. Lets just hope it doesnt scream tuner like mustang's exterior.
Hey my CA neighbor ! What would make the Camaro interior not empty because the 2012 on up has alot going on and I have seen ppl say that it's to busy! SO what would you put in to make it less Empty?
Old 10-18-2014, 03:35 PM   #35
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
I just hope the 6th gen comes with a push button start, eliminate any ignition/key recalls from happening again.
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:04 PM   #36
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Hey my CA neighbor ! What would make the Camaro interior not empty because the 2012 on up has alot going on and I have seen ppl say that it's to busy! SO what would you put in to make it less Empty?
Howdy Socal , I didnt like the robot eyed bezels and the emptiness of the dash from the front a/c vents onward to the passenger side..I dunno it just got plain afterwhile. Im hoping the 6th gen looks more upscale with better materials inside. The 2015 mustang has nice materials but ugly rear end!
Old 10-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #37
txferrari

Drives: 2016 Z06/7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
Give me cooled seats
+1
Old 10-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #38
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Howdy Socal , I didnt like the robot eyed bezels and the emptiness of the dash from the front a/c vents onward to the passenger side..I dunno it just got plain afterwhile. Im hoping the 6th gen looks more upscale with better materials inside. The 2015 mustang has nice materials but ugly rear end!
Oh , ok ! The radio knobs are what you're talking about when you say robot eye bezels? And they fixed the vent area and put a soft material dash with stitching in the 2012's and up !
Old 10-19-2014, 10:46 AM   #39
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I would love to see a "true" black interior.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:10 AM   #40
nikeair042
VENOM

Drives: Pontiac G8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Lol... This is the first time I ever heard that the challenger had the best interior! Lol... most past up the challenger because of the bland and all black boring interior. And I guess you're the first to not like the Camaro retro interior because the Camaro has won best interior! The sales show what everyone likes which is the Camaro! There's always someone that don't like something but more love it!
Actually, I think the Mustang might have the best interior. And trust me I am not the "first" person to not like the Camaro interior. I bet that 99.9% of Camaro buyers didn't buy their Camaro for the interior. I love the 10-15's based on the exterior, but the interior is just so bland and full of plastic. That's why I'm hoping the 2016's get a major upgrade inside. And yes, Camaro is #1 sales out of the 3, but it's not because of the interior lol performance and exterior styling are superb.

2014 Challenger:

2014 Camaro:

2014 Mustang:

Appearance Mods: Red painted calipers, 20% Rear Tint, 35% Side Tint, front side marker tint, G8 GT Visor decals, V8 Badge, L76 oil cap, Roto-Fab Radiator cover, G8 GT Badge, shorty antenna, CF intake tube, CF plenum cover, GXP rear diffuser, red/black shifter, SLP black spoiler, gloss black roof
Performance Mods: Roto-Fab intake, Borla Cat-Back exhaust, hood-vent mod, VMS Tune, 160*, SLP LT headers, Camaro brembo's and rotors, BMR suspension parts, Eibach springs
nikeair042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #41
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
The Camaro interior definitely improved since 2010. Things I didn't like in the Camaro interior that I still don't like and are better in Challenger & Mustang:

-Too much hard plastic throughout. And it scratches too easily and in some cases, cracks.
-Was never a fan of the way the interior door handles are looped
-Slightly Cheesy looking speaker grilles in the doors.
-Center HVAC vents with cheap looking directional "knobs"
-MyLink was a MASSIVE improvement over the miserable stereo it replaced. But no option for auto climate control in 2014 is appalling.
-Cup holders are in the direct line of the shifter
-The parking brake lever is incredibly cheap looking and too big/long.
-Speedometer/tack needles were improved in 2012 but the gauges still don't exude quality

Challenger and Mustang interiors might not be much higher quality in materials. But they did a better job on perceived quality.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:46 AM   #42
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoskins76 View Post
I just hope the 6th gen comes with a push button start, eliminate any ignition/key recalls from happening again.
Considering the 2010's should have had it, I believe that something so simple and easy to do should be done, if not, major failure - won't keep me from buying one, but I'd be pretty upset if no push button start.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote