Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-15-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
What about the interior?

It's been fun seeing the camo'd prototypes out and about. And with the photoshoppers going to town with their renders, we're starting to get some idea what this car will look like... on the outside.

But what about inside? As far as I know, no spy photographer has managed to peek in the windows of the prototypes.

What do we want? What are we expecting?
Perhaps a working-class version of the ATS interior?
Revamped retro (i.e., more in the way of 'evolution' from the 5th)?
Something entirely new and modern, perhaps Audi-like?

IMO, the new Mustang interior is a mess... a weird, busy mix of retro and modern.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:05 PM   #2
Camaroboy14

Drives: 2002 camaro ss (sold)
I love the 2015 challenger interior, I hope the Camaros is as modern or better..
Old 10-15-2014, 01:46 PM   #3
GuitarJozz

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2LS SIM
Send a message via Yahoo to GuitarJozz
I'm also wondering about the interior of the upcoming Camaro. I'm hoping overall, the inside is a bit more sophisticated, in a way. More interesting, you know? What I mean is, I hope that we get some more unique and special touches for the 6th gen. If you take a look at the competition interiors, honestly, the Camaro interior is a bit on the plain and simple side in comparison. Some may like it that way, but I think it could be a bit better.

The Camaro is a special and sentimental car for a lot of us, and I'm hoping that Chevy makes its Camaro buyers feel that they have a special car.

For instance, do NOT just give us the same steering wheel as a Sonic or Cruze. Chevy should take the classic Camaro emblem, update it a bit, and put it in the middle of the steering wheel. So it's unique only to the Camaro. Instead of just the plain Chevy symbol on the key fob, make a unique key fob only for the Camaro. Illuminated door sill plates that say Camaro would be cool. Better materials inside in general. You know? Little things that make the buyer feel special, feel that they bought a special car.
GuitarJozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:00 PM   #4
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarJozz View Post
I'm also wondering about the interior of the upcoming Camaro. I'm hoping overall, the inside is a bit more sophisticated, in a way. More interesting, you know? What I mean is, I hope that we get some more unique and special touches for the 6th gen. If you take a look at the competition interiors, honestly, the Camaro interior is a bit on the plain and simple side in comparison. Some may like it that way, but I think it could be a bit better.

The Camaro is a special and sentimental car for a lot of us, and I'm hoping that Chevy makes its Camaro buyers feel that they have a special car.

For instance, do NOT just give us the same steering wheel as a Sonic or Cruze. Chevy should take the classic Camaro emblem, update it a bit, and put it in the middle of the steering wheel. So it's unique only to the Camaro. Instead of just the plain Chevy symbol on the key fob, make a unique key fob only for the Camaro. Illuminated door sill plates that say Camaro would be cool. Better materials inside in general. You know? Little things that make the buyer feel special, feel that they bought a special car.

I like these ideas.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:32 PM   #5
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
I would hope that it would compete with the 2015 Mustang and Challenger refresh. Both look pretty good for this segment.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:40 PM   #6
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
Less "cheap" plastic is on my want list. No I don't expect the interior to rival an Italian or German car, but a more modern look and feel would be great. I also hope that they change the MyLink all together to something better. Better resolution and design would be a welcome change.
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:40 PM   #7
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroboy14 View Post
I love the 2015 challenger interior, I hope the Camaros is as modern or better..
I am so with you on this. I love the "cockpit" style, where the center console wraps around, kinda like a capsule.
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:38 PM   #8
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Make it like the vette interior and I'll be happy
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:24 PM   #9
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarJozz View Post
Chevy should take the classic Camaro emblem, update it a bit, and put it in the middle of the steering wheel. So it's unique only to the Camaro.
My car came with a steering wheel that says Camaro.

I'm assuming that is unique only to the Camaro. Wouldn't make much sense for Chevy to install it in...say...an Impala.

smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:34 AM   #10
fradaj

Drives: RS
I like the current interior, they just need to trick it out with some real chrome or aluminum. And a cool sport type steering wheel unique to the Camaro.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:04 AM   #11
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
I like the current interior ambient lighting and old school gauge cluster, they need to get rid of all the dead space plastic dash though. Make it more cozy, incorporate some more leather and replace the plastic trim with aluminum, a touch more ambient lighting and it should be a winner
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:07 AM   #12
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Give me cooled seats
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:17 AM   #13
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I like the interior on the current cars too! They get called trash so often, but honestly I think it looks nice, and its different. It is a bit simple, but thats the retro feel for you.

That said, I believe the 6th gen interior will be completely different, and modern this time around. Rumors are saying this, so I'm going to go with it.

I think the Mustang interior is pretty nice, but then again sometime I look at it and see that center stack and it looks not as impressive.

GM has been rocking some nice interiors lately, so I feel like they will give us something good this go around.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:28 AM   #14
GuitarJozz

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2LS SIM
Send a message via Yahoo to GuitarJozz
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post
My car came with a steering wheel that says Camaro.

I'm assuming that is unique only to the Camaro. Wouldn't make much sense for Chevy to install it in...say...an Impala.

Yes, this is what I mean. Why in the world did they go from this steering wheel to the same one you can get in a Cruze or Sonic? But it would be cool if they put the actual Camaro emblem on there too:

GuitarJozz is offline   Reply With Quote