Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-07-2017, 07:02 AM   #15
dennis@hixsonnet.com

Drives: Me: '16 2SS yellow, Wife: '16 1SS
So very true, on my first dealer oil change they short filled me and I didn't notice until I got home and checked. I made them deliver a couple more quarts of oil to my house. And I never have used them again for oil changes.

2016 Camaro 2SS ** EdelBrock E-Force Supercharger, 3" pulley, RotoFab air intake, Alky Methanol Injection System, Corsa Extreme Exhaust, Kooks longtube headers, TSP VV2 CAM, 1LE wheels @ 285/30/20 front & 305/30/20 rear... 707.41rwhp, 702.36 torque
dennis@hixsonnet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:37 AM   #16
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR91 View Post
That makes sense. I'm not worried about it since its under warranty and all of my oil changes have been documented and done at the same dealership.
8 qts fresh with 2 qts used still beats 8 qts fresh and none of the used - keep in mind that you probably drove up with 9 or 10 qts of oil in the sump that was all used.

Episodes like this one (and worse) are why I'll keep doing all of my cars' oil changes for as long as I am physically capable of doing so.

Norm
Old 09-07-2017, 09:57 AM   #17
Zzzato
Bigg Balls

Drives: 2017 Red Hot 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post

Episodes like this one (and worse) are why I'll keep doing all of my cars' oil changes for as long as I am physically capable of doing so.

Norm

Yup same here
Old 09-07-2017, 11:14 AM   #18
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Do Chevy dealers do free oil changes? My mother has a 2015 Cadillac XTS and the dealer offers free oil while the car is under warranty. Do Chevy dealers do that also?
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 02:11 PM   #19
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
When I get a Dealer oil change I let it sit for a bit and pull the dipstick right there in the service lane,sometimes you will get funny looks from the service advisors-but so what? Its YOUR car-NEVER leave a dealership without doing this!If it is low you are still there so they can correct it right there!Duh!
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 02:30 PM   #20
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
Do Chevy dealers do free oil changes? My mother has a 2015 Cadillac XTS and the dealer offers free oil while the car is under warranty. Do Chevy dealers do that also?
Camaros come with 2 free oil changes. Now that I think about it, so did my Cruze.

Interesting that this thread popped up today. I just had my second oil change done this morning. As the advisor is going over the completed paperwork with me, he points to the line where they "replaced 5.5 quarts of oil".

I pointed out that LT1 engines take 10 quarts. You'd think they know, given that they are one of the highest volume Corvette dealers in Michigan. So we go out and check the oil. It's full and it's clear. The advisor went back in to see if he could figure out what happened. Turns out whoever input the service code put in the oil change code for a different vehicle.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:45 PM   #21
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Camaros come with 2 free oil changes. Now that I think about it, so did my Cruze.

Interesting that this thread popped up today. I just had my second oil change done this morning. As the advisor is going over the completed paperwork with me, he points to the line where they "replaced 5.5 quarts of oil".

I pointed out that LT1 engines take 10 quarts. You'd think they know, given that they are one of the highest volume Corvette dealers in Michigan. So we go out and check the oil. It's full and it's clear. The advisor went back in to see if he could figure out what happened. Turns out whoever input the service code put in the oil change code for a different vehicle.
Thanks!
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:19 AM   #22
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
This is why I always do my own oil changes. I got three years of free oil changes with my new Civic but I'll still be buying oil and filters and doing it myself.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote