Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-31-2017, 10:56 AM   #29
Cameron27

Drives: 2015 2SS

Last edited by Cameron27; 06-06-2019 at 10:33 PM.
Cameron27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:18 PM   #30
VABarn

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_7888 View Post
According to the CarFax it was a 12 month lease before I took possession of it. CarFax was clean.
Didn't see anyone else mention this, so thought I would throw this out there. Not all insurance companies report to CarFax. State Farm, for one. I would never trust CarFax or "Certified Pre-Owned" as my only basis for considering a used car purchase.
VABarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:40 PM   #31
Camaro_7888

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
if it's certified then return it...
So you are telling me because it was 'Certified Pre-Owned' I can just simply walk in there and return it? I doubt that.
Camaro_7888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:25 PM   #32
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
It takes a little more effort then that, but I bet they will buy the car back if you buy something else from them.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:10 PM   #33
Software Guy

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2000 Trans Am Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron27 View Post
I would never buy a used Camaro. Especially a leased one. I'm not saying that to be mean, but the way a lot of people drive a car like this... the fact that my car came New with 100km even bugged me. A leased Camaro is essentially a car where the owner planned on getting rid of it, they had no real intention of keeping it!

All it takes is someone who doesn't know what they're doing to service their own car, or drive it at high rpm's with the pedal to the floor, break hard, run over bumps hard, not give the car enough time to switch out of parking break mode, force the car into gears and jar it all the time, not get it serviced or checked out properly in a timely manner when problems do arise, etc. Dealership messes up scheduled lease maintenance? Who are they going to tell. Plus, if a car is a lemon, more likely than not (just as you want to now), the owner gets rid of it. Whoever buys it gets something fixed up to look good at first.
My Camaro will make an awesome used car next summer when the lease is up. I don't beat the shit out of it because, well I just don't do that to cars.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:12 PM   #34
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
I had some issues with my 2011 SS- which I bought used from Carmax. There was rattling in it like screws rolling around- turned out to be glass marbles trapped under the passenger seat carpet. Lots of trouble with the front struts- the left one was broken and made a thunking noise when I went over a bump. Previous owner probably hit a lrge pot hole and broke the strut and never replaced it. Then i had trouble with strut mounts and not being able to get parts, the top of the updated mount was not even on some of the parts lists. I bought aftermarket Monroe mounts to go with new Koni struts. After 2 months the rubber on the mount of the right hand stuck seemed to be too soft and stuck to the car fender and was creating a horrible sound when turning. So the strut problems coupled with the car had lot of dents in the doors and it was going to be a lot to fix the dents and get it re-painted, I decided to trade it in for a brand new RS, not previously owned. So far the new car is perfect.
JT58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:28 PM   #35
NightSkyCode
Owned gen 4, 5 and 6

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
I had some issues with my 2011 SS- which I bought used from Carmax. There was rattling in it like screws rolling around- turned out to be glass marbles trapped under the passenger seat carpet. Lots of trouble with the front struts- the left one was broken and made a thunking noise when I went over a bump. Previous owner probably hit a lrge pot hole and broke the strut and never replaced it. Then i had trouble with strut mounts and not being able to get parts, the top of the updated mount was not even on some of the parts lists. I bought aftermarket Monroe mounts to go with new Koni struts. After 2 months the rubber on the mount of the right hand stuck seemed to be too soft and stuck to the car fender and was creating a horrible sound when turning. So the strut problems coupled with the car had lot of dents in the doors and it was going to be a lot to fix the dents and get it re-painted, I decided to trade it in for a brand new RS, not previously owned. So far the new car is perfect.
You bought a car from carmax... What did you expect? lol
Old 08-31-2017, 08:34 PM   #36
Donner

Drives: 2017 50th SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
face it, you and that car were not meant to be.

+1
Donner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:46 AM   #37
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_7888 View Post
According to the CarFax it was a 12 month lease before I took possession of it. CarFax was clean.
Run an Autocheck. They have better access to records than Carfax.
germanicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:18 PM   #38
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSkyCode View Post
Never buy a used Camaro... never.
Both my 5th Gens where used and I never had a problem with them! In fact, my 2010 2SS was cleaner than the brand new 2014 2SS I test drove! The brand new car had feet scuffs on the door/speaker and nicks in the paint around the door handle and the used 2010 2SS was minty fresh and in even better shape then the brand new car! My 2004 Ford Lightning that I bought used in 2006 after I wrecked my 03 and couldn't buy them brand new anymore is still running like a champ here in 2017! Used can be just fine... And you can have problems with brand new vehicles.... I would always prefer brand new, but sometimes you can get a great deal on a low mile used vehicle that's in the same condition as a brand new car....
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote