Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-15-2022, 02:12 PM   #1
len125

Drives: chevrolet camaro
sad....discontinued ice camaro

sad that camaro is going away, the charger and challenger will go ev, but the new mustang with ICE is ready to roll.....

https://www.streetmusclemag.com/news...to-the-future/
len125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 02:28 PM   #2
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
From some angles it does look like a 6th Gen Camaro.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 10:07 AM   #3
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
At this point, its all rumors and speculation from "sources". GM has said NOTHING official about anything. I wish they would just say something... anything.
But until they do, any article is just speculation
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 10:14 AM   #4
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapote21 View Post
At this point, its all rumors and speculation from "sources". GM has said NOTHING official about anything. I wish they would just say something... anything.
This has been my default answer the last 2 years however it’s getting harder to believe because GM has said and done absolutely about/for the Camaro.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 01:10 PM   #5

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
This is all I could find....It's from a while ago but sounds plausible...

https://www.motortrend.com/news/cama...ctors-edition/
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 05:45 AM   #6
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
If not for the ATS/CTS the Camaro may not have lasted as long as it did. They designed a truly great car with a few compromises that kept it from having broader appeal.
Old 09-18-2022, 08:36 AM   #7
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

I think we here care more about the Camaro than GM does. They are going for full EV fleet by 2035. Can't imagine as hard it is for them to get some current models built they would invest another year in building 2k cars that they know will delay their relentless march to green.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 02:00 PM   #8
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Quote:

Plausible? Sure. Official? Nope
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 04:51 PM   #9

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
It's sad to see the Camaro production limping along unable to even keep up with what demand they have. Sales would likely still be on the low side, but everything is grab-bag spotty production and delivery at best. I would think having a clear end would be more difficult with everything being all askew as it is now.

Hopefully they can make the end respectable and not look like a slow moving train wreck or sinking ship that just keeps hanging on.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 12:31 AM   #10
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
It's sad to see the Camaro production limping along unable to even keep up with what demand they have. Sales would likely still be on the low side, but everything is grab-bag spotty production and delivery at best. I would think having a clear end would be more difficult with everything being all askew as it is now.

Hopefully they can make the end respectable and not look like a slow moving train wreck or sinking ship that just keeps hanging on.
Gm is already at that point with this car. It's been a train wreck with this car the past 3 years. At best were going to get "special" color editions just like dodge is doing for their hemi lineup.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 12:34 AM   #11
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapote21 View Post
Where there is smoke there is usually a fire.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 01:37 AM   #12
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:

Don't trust anything that states Lethal Camaro as a source. He made so many clickbait videos about Camaro rumors only he heard and nobody else, that only two possibilities rise:
  • He is just believing anybody who claims to have insider informations
  • He just makes everything up by himself for clicks
Remember that a few months ago he claimed the Camaro will have the LT2 engine for last model year, which is not only technially quite impossible but after years of investing nothing GM would totally spend millions to put a completely new engine in the Camaro for just one year...

And for the icing on the cake, all these "last goodbye modelyear" rumors came up just weeks after I released the spotted camod ZL1 prototype images online, of course everybody had their great sources what this model is after the pictures appeared - Only for Camaro6.com member to quickly find out the spotted car was actually one of the testcars seen in Vegas in 2018, so it was just an old testcar being transported and nothing new or exiting
Old 09-19-2022, 05:45 AM   #13
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
Don't trust anything that states Lethal Camaro as a source. He made so many clickbait videos about Camaro rumors only he heard and nobody else, that only two possibilities rise:
  • He is just believing anybody who claims to have insider informations
  • He just makes everything up by himself for clicks
Remember that a few months ago he claimed the Camaro will have the LT2 engine for last model year, which is not only technially quite impossible but after years of investing nothing GM would totally spend millions to put a completely new engine in the Camaro for just one year...

And for the icing on the cake, all these "last goodbye modelyear" rumors came up just weeks after I released the spotted camod ZL1 prototype images online, of course everybody had their great sources what this model is after the pictures appeared - Only for Camaro6.com member to quickly find out the spotted car was actually one of the testcars seen in Vegas in 2018, so it was just an old testcar being transported and nothing new or exiting
Agree. I stopped watching any of Lethal Camaro videos because of all the click-bait garbage he was putting out.

And MotorTrend can go suck a bag of d's. They lost the rest of their credibility when they stood by their obviously flawed dyno testing of the C8 when it came out. Read any articles there right now and it's nothing but shilling for garbage EV's.

Also, I am not sad. Should people start getting ride of their V8 powered cars and get EV's, it will be great. There will likely be a lot of nice V8 powered cars for us to buy and enjoy.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 06:47 AM   #14
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
Also, I am not sad. Should people start getting ride of their V8 powered cars and get EV's, it will be great. There will likely be a lot of nice V8 powered cars for us to buy and enjoy.
Absolutely. With the upcoming electric Corvette being a standalone model chances are high the core Corvette will keep using ICEs, just like Porsche already said 911 will stay ICE while other models go BEV. Ford just announced the next 6-8 years of Mustangs with a V8. So we are fine for the upcoming years, even thought it's really sad Chevrolet gave up on the Camaro just a few years into the 6th generation.

For myself I decided to make one final trade of my Camaro to buy a new american V8 and ordered a C8 stingray, hopefully arriving early next year. If carmakers continue their EV path this will be the one year to keep until I'm old.