Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 05-12-2022, 07:42 AM   #421
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
So a car becomes a “soulless turd” simply because it does make vroom vroom sounds?

I don’t look at the Taycan or eTron GT as soulless and if you a car person you wouldn’t either.

You probably haven’t read anything about the AMGs either would be my guess.

I just find it funny that somehow people assume or try to portray that an EV will be a Leaf or a Bolt when they can be and are so much more.
Except the masses will be stranded on the side of the road in soulless Leafs and Bolts with the 1%ers in Taycans and AMGs.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:13 AM   #422
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
So a car becomes a “soulless turd” simply because it does make vroom vroom sounds?

I don’t look at the Taycan or eTron GT as soulless and if you a car person you wouldn’t either.

You probably haven’t read anything about the AMGs either would be my guess.

I just find it funny that somehow people assume or try to portray that an EV will be a Leaf or a Bolt when they can be and are so much more.
I didn't realize that you had been gifted with the power to determine who is and isn't a 'car person'.

The Taycan looks like a suppository, just as its ICE brother the Panamera does. It's bloated, weighing 4500 lbs even at its lightest, and can barely drive 200 miles before having to be parked for an extended period to be recharged. In my view it is a stain on the Porsche brand regardless of how much 'instant torque' it has.

The E-tron at least looks good. Other than that it's just a repackaged Taycan. For $150,000+ you get a car that has a top speed almost 30 mph lower than the Camaro SS and one that holds on the skidpad comparably to my son's $24,000 Mustang Ecoboost. But it accelerates very quickly if that's all you care about as a 'car person'.
Old 05-12-2022, 12:44 PM   #423
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
I know EVs are the future and there is no doubt about that. But I will never own an electric CamEro.
I upgraded from a V6 to an SS for the rumble of a V8.
Internal combustion - accept no substitutes.....
Dangerzoooooone.

Old 05-12-2022, 01:05 PM   #424
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I didn't realize that you had been gifted with the power to determine who is and isn't a 'car person'.

The Taycan looks like a suppository, just as its ICE brother the Panamera does. It's bloated, weighing 4500 lbs even at its lightest, and can barely drive 200 miles before having to be parked for an extended period to be recharged. In my view it is a stain on the Porsche brand regardless of how much 'instant torque' it has.

The E-tron at least looks good. Other than that it's just a repackaged Taycan. For $150,000+ you get a car that has a top speed almost 30 mph lower than the Camaro SS and one that holds on the skidpad comparably to my son's $24,000 Mustang Ecoboost. But it accelerates very quickly if that's all you care about as a 'car person'.
LOL, so you agree that even though one of the two you don't care for the looks of that they aren't "soulless turds"?

And I've not met a "car person" that doesn't have an opinion one way or the other about a Porsche regardless of the appearance. So maybe I overstepped.

Last edited by Number 3; 05-12-2022 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:49 PM   #425
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
I'm doing my part. I go WOT when I'm lined up with a V8 Mustang or Charger/Challenger in my Leaf and when I pull at least a length on them to about 45 MPH, I make it a point to roll down my window at the next light and say, "wow, that's pretty quick for a V6". The funny part is that the vehicles that I've trolled get a little butthurt and take things to unsafe speeds. A Lexus sedan tried to get into the wrong lane to get around me at a light. He was shot down pretty quickly and then proceeded to take it to over 90 MPH in a 60 when things opened up for him. It's only a matter of time before the ICE driving public decide they have had enough of being walked at a stoplight by a dopey looking EV. People can argue all they want about it being more than just instant torque, but if they weren't lying to themselves, they'd probably be driving a Miata, or a Subaru/Toyota twin. Based on the reactions I have gotten from that Lexus driver, a Challenger driver, and an assortment of other drivers, it's about how quick you can get off the line and hustle through traffic for most people. Now for people that visit a track on a regular basis, I can see wanting more than just the quickness that's available because of the instant torque.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:02 PM   #426
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i used to pull that with my old pontiac solstice,it was so light that i could pull a length on most V8s unless they wanted to make some smoke and a lot of noise.by the time it hit 40 they were catching up and going around,but i had my fun.i can only imagine the look on their faces driving a leaf...
Old 05-12-2022, 02:11 PM   #427
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
i used to pull that with my old pontiac solstice,it was so light that i could pull a length on most V8s unless they wanted to make some smoke and a lot of noise.by the time it hit 40 they were catching up and going around,but i had my fun.i can only imagine the look on their faces driving a leaf...

Lol, yeah imagine all the "you mad bro?" memes at the same time. I would love to see ICE advancements to rival EV and surpass EVs, but I don't see it happening. I'm not going to whine about it as there are more pressing issues out there. And yes, I do enjoy having my fun with these drivers. Oh and, "No Camaro drivers were harmed in the making of this fun".
Old 05-12-2022, 02:44 PM   #428
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
I've been thinking from time to time about picking up an IROC or RS and looking into a dual motor AWD conversion. Of course here I am talking about it, yet half my sockets missing and shit and no garage space left lol

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
Old 05-12-2022, 02:57 PM   #429
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
I've been thinking from time to time about picking up an IROC or RS and looking into a dual motor AWD conversion. Of course here I am talking about it, yet half my sockets missing and shit and no garage space left lol

Haha, that would make for one crazy sleeper, get the least capable Camaro (early to mid 80s variant would probably be the culprit) and convert it. I can see Tesla owners getting pissed at a mid-80s Camaro blowing them off the line. It would be quite the project as I remember seeing them taking a late 70s Blazer and electrifying it. Really added a lot of bulk, but since they couldn't just engineer it from the ground up and had to work with it being engineered for ICE, it really posed some issues.

I saw a guy trying to convert a Tesla into an ICE vehicle, which had me question, why? But I'd love to see some video footage of him at a gas station, and everyone's reactions.
Old 05-12-2022, 03:30 PM   #430
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
Haha, that would make for one crazy sleeper, get the least capable Camaro (early to mid 80s variant would probably be the culprit) and convert it. I can see Tesla owners getting pissed at a mid-80s Camaro blowing them off the line. It would be quite the project as I remember seeing them taking a late 70s Blazer and electrifying it. Really added a lot of bulk, but since they couldn't just engineer it from the ground up and had to work with it being engineered for ICE, it really posed some issues.

I saw a guy trying to convert a Tesla into an ICE vehicle, which had me question, why? But I'd love to see some video footage of him at a gas station, and everyone's reactions.
I'd love to build it and put some plastic fake upper-half of an engine under the hood to cover whatever EV stuff is there and put the charge plug in the middle of a fake intake and just park it at chargers and watch people go ballistic. (I can be a bit of an instigator).

But I figure, there's a ton of room under the hood, and that big hump behind the rear seats for the gas tank wouldn't be needed anymore. No drive shaft, restructure the floor since there's nothing to route under it anymore. Could be interesting as all hell. I just don't have the time or skills. God knows you can get a roller in great shape for peanuts.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
Old 05-12-2022, 04:36 PM   #431
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post

How many times last year did you drive your Camaro more than 225 miles in a day? For me the answer would be three. Detroit to Tail of the Dragon, Tail of the Dragon to CamaroFest, CamaroFest to Detroit. How many times last year did you drive your Camaro to top speed? For me that number would be zero. Lots of time running quarter miles with 116-118 trap speeds, but no top speed runs. We spend a lot of time pointing out that other vehicles aren’t capable of doing things our own vehicles can do that we don’t actually do.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 05-12-2022 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-12-2022, 05:34 PM   #432
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
valid point.i think ive driven my camaro over 250 miles in a say about 3 times last year.would like to see camaro continue in production but not as an SUV or sedan.
Old 05-12-2022, 06:10 PM   #433
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
How many times last year did you drive your Camaro more than 225 miles in a day? For me the answer would be three. Detroit to Tail of the Dragon, Tail of the Dragon to CamaroFest, CamaroFest to Detroit. How many times last year did you drive your Camaro to top speed? For me that number would be zero. Lots of time running quarter miles with 116-118 trap speeds, but no top speed runs. We spend a lot of time pointing out that other vehicles aren’t capable of doing things our own vehicles can do that we don’t actually do.
Every Saturday we road-trip to different shooting competitions. The distance one way varies from 15 miles to 150 miles with 100ish being pretty typical. Hauling three people and all their gear that’s cutting it close. There’s definitely not charging stations at any shooting range I’ve ever been to.

I don’t break 150 to often, but it’s an option that’s there if I want it.
Old 05-12-2022, 07:07 PM   #434
Alan47717

Drives: 2022 1LT RS 2.0t/6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
I'm doing my part. I go WOT when I'm lined up with a V8 Mustang or Charger/Challenger in my Leaf and when I pull at least a length on them to about 45 MPH, I make it a point to roll down my window at the next light and say, "wow, that's pretty quick for a V6". The funny part is that the vehicles that I've trolled get a little butthurt and take things to unsafe speeds. A Lexus sedan tried to get into the wrong lane to get around me at a light. He was shot down pretty quickly and then proceeded to take it to over 90 MPH in a 60 when things opened up for him. It's only a matter of time before the ICE driving public decide they have had enough of being walked at a stoplight by a dopey looking EV. People can argue all they want about it being more than just instant torque, but if they weren't lying to themselves, they'd probably be driving a Miata, or a Subaru/Toyota twin. Based on the reactions I have gotten from that Lexus driver, a Challenger driver, and an assortment of other drivers, it's about how quick you can get off the line and hustle through traffic for most people. Now for people that visit a track on a regular basis, I can see wanting more than just the quickness that's available because of the instant torque.
I am so bored, I mean really, really, really bored with the idea that some generic EV can win a stoplight to stoplight drag race.

It doesn't take a race track to appreciate a good driver's car. I just took my wife out to lunch on Mt. Lemmon and I had more fun driving that mountain road with a manual transmission/high revving ICE car. Instant torque not required or missed in any way.

Closed Thread