Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-19-2017, 07:39 AM   #29
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
If you are going to get a car to save gas get a Toyota Camry those Ford 4 cylinders suck and really all American 4 cylinders are junk compared to a Toyota. You are gonna get screwed trading in anyway so why not just spend 5k on a 10 year old Camry and be done with it.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:23 AM   #30
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
get a nice tuner that you can put your car into ecnono mode during the week, then sport on the weekend! done!
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:41 AM   #31
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
If you are going to get a car to save gas get a Toyota Camry those Ford 4 cylinders suck and really all American 4 cylinders are junk compared to a Toyota. You are gonna get screwed trading in anyway so why not just spend 5k on a 10 year old Camry and be done with it.
This is also a very good post
Old 07-19-2017, 09:02 AM   #32
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Used Toyota or Honda are great options. Living in the NE I would go with a Subaru. I've had many and I couldn't kill them. My Legacy wagon had over 250K on it when I sold it to a neighbor and it was still going at least 2 years later. All it ever needed was 1 water pump and a head gasket.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:50 AM   #33
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvKillar View Post
get a nice tuner that you can put your car into ecnono mode during the week, then sport on the weekend! done!
Nice Tuner !! A Fart Can is A Fart Can and always will be !!
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:07 AM   #34
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Nobody has said this, but how about you get a V6 Camaro. I have a V6 and get 30mpg on the highway. People have made fun of me for a V6 but I don't care. If I want to go fast I will ride my crotch rocket. A V6 still gives you the power and comfort you have but not as much in the gas. Not as much power as the V8 but is still fun to drive and not a compact car.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:20 AM   #35
Gasoholic

Drives: o
Anyone that would trade their 2SS for a Focus needs his head examined.

Park the Camaro and only drive it on special occasions.
Buy a beater to drive back and forth to work.
Its a no brainer. Although I still wouldn't buy a Ford
Gasoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:24 AM   #36
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
This is a joke, right? Of course you can get better gas mileage from a Ford Focus. No kidding. If you have to worry about gas usage, don't buy a Camaro SS. You buy it for the power, the fun, not to worry about squeezing out MPGs. If you want both a Camaro AND better gas mileage, then you get the NON-SS model. V6 or the new 4 cylinder turbo. Plain and simple.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:34 AM   #37
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post
Nobody has said this, but how about you get a V6 Camaro. I have a V6 and get 30mpg on the highway. People have made fun of me for a V6 but I don't care. If I want to go fast I will ride my crotch rocket. A V6 still gives you the power and comfort you have but not as much in the gas. Not as much power as the V8 but is still fun to drive and not a compact car.
Your V6 is still fast, very fast! No doubt about it. I think what drives the V8 people like myself is that low-end torque and the sound of that V8. There's something about that spitting and sputtering exhaust that screams "old muscle car." Will they someday make a Camaro that's all electric and faster than a ZL1? I believe they will. It will also, more than likely, be as quiet as a church mouse, which, to me, is sad. But that's where the future is headed. Clean, quiet and high performance are on the way. People will look back at our old, loud muscle cars and laugh. Both noise and air pollution. But I must say, I like the roar!

I keep thinking of that song by the group RUSH called Red Barchetta. It's a great song about a guy way off in the future who finds his uncle's old sports car in his barn. He takes it out on the road only to come across "A gleaming Alloy Air car two lanes wide." He runs a race with it and returns to his uncle's farm to dream with him by the fireside of the old muscle car days. Great song!
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:44 AM   #38
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
DON'T.......DO.......IT

Get a cheap second hand used 4 banger and keep the Camaro. JMHO
Old 07-19-2017, 10:50 AM   #39
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
Your V6 is still fast, very fast! No doubt about it. I think what drives the V8 people like myself is that low-end torque and the sound of that V8. There's something about that spitting and sputtering exhaust that screams "old muscle car." Will they someday make a Camaro that's all electric and faster than a ZL1? I believe they will. It will also, more than likely, be as quiet as a church mouse, which, to me, is sad. But that's where the future is headed. Clean, quiet and high performance are on the way. People will look back at our old, loud muscle cars and laugh. Both noise and air pollution. But I must say, I like the roar!

I keep thinking of that song by the group RUSH called Red Barchetta. It's a great song about a guy way off in the future who finds his uncle's old sports car in his barn. He takes it out on the road only to come across "A gleaming Alloy Air car two lanes wide." He runs a race with it and returns to his uncle's farm to dream with him by the fireside of the old muscle car days. Great song!

I grew up w/ imports and 4 bangers all my life... That's what my Dad bought and owned, w/ a 6 cylinder thrown in once in a while just for kicks. When I was in High School, all my friends drove Nova's, Chevelle's, or Mustangs... I had a Austin America.

I'm at the point in life where my kids are grown, and I don't need to think about economy and roominess. I want that sound... popping, gurgle, spitting... I want my V8.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:58 AM   #40
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
How about a Prius?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:56 PM   #41
DrLove38

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
Buy one of these. Crown Vic P71. 25 MPG.
Attached Images

DrLove38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:05 PM   #42
St!ng

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Convertible
American made 4 cylinder engines are junk. Honda or Toyota is the only choice if you must.
St!ng is offline   Reply With Quote