Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #29
ford20

Drives: Boss 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
lol it was a joke, that's my buddy's car. I wish I had the money for one, I definitely wouldn't be driving a Mustang GT. A Ford GT for sure, and a Boss 302 LS, and a 68 fastback big block....but not my Mustang
Haha, that was a good picture though man. I was like dude help a brotha out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Maybe it WASN'T a 5.0...maybe it was a forced induction V6. Or maybe he had a V6 with mods. OP never said it actually was a 5.0. LOL, and just because he flew by you doesn't mean he was racing or trying to race. I could see if he stopped, looked over at you, and then gassed it. Maybe he was in a rush. And as far as picking on V6 Camaros, we all know that the SS is virtually identical to the V6 Camaros...especially at night and from behind unless you have super vision and can see the teeny tiny SS badge that sometimes looks like the RS badge if the Camaro is RS equipped. In the right gear at the right speed, an car can literally fly by another equally fast car. An SS at 40 that drops into 2nd will straight up destroy another SS that drops into 4th or even 3rd at the same speed. OP was cruising in his car and he admittedly has little performance knowledge. A good driver in a V6 Mustang that knows what he is doing could tear him apart easily. Hey, you win some, you lose some.
Reading it that was the sense that I got on the whole situation, maybe he did actually slow down and pause for a moment but I would say that more likely he was driving fast. Besides the only way I can really tell if it is an SS or a V6 is the nostril in the front to be honest. Occasionally I will see an SS badge or an RS badge but most of the time I don't see any badges. Plus the Mustang looks exactly the same unless you see the front or the owner has changed the grill, and the Challengers? Forget it I can never tell them apart unless they have the giant RT on the fender lol.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #30
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I guess I get spanked everyday by damn near every car out there when they pass me.

Is this for real?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:37 AM   #31
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post

Love that License Plate Holder/Bracket!!! Big Fan of BBC's TOP GEAR!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #32
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Yeah.. what everyone else is saying.. why feel embarrassed when someone blows by?

also, unless they were previously cruising and then waited to blow by, I don't see why people get worked up and think ricer flyby

someone times people are in a rush and will blow by other cars
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #33
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieG View Post
Yeah.. what everyone else is saying.. why feel embarrassed when someone blows by?

also, unless they were previously cruising and then waited to blow by, I don't see why people get worked up and think ricer flyby

someone times people are in a rush and will blow by other cars
Why is it even called a "ricer fly-by"? I done those in many cars none of which were ricers. And I've had that done to me by many cars none of which were ricers. In fact, ricers are the only cars that have never flown by me whether I was aware of them or not. So how did they get that title? How many people are getting flown-by by ricers?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #34
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Don't feel too bad, a Mercedes AMG got by me the other morning, but it took him to 3rd gear to do so. Wish I had my bottle hooked up :(

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote