Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-06-2022, 08:39 AM   #113
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Stop your bitching, the rest of the world pays twice what we do for fuel... SMH
Old 03-06-2022, 08:54 AM   #114
SlingShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
I agree to a point, but why were prices so low under Trump?
The pandemic had a lot to do with it. The demand was very low, because so many people were working from home that had jobs, Most fun places were closed and people just weren't traveling. It's all about supply and demand, and now the demand is up. The oil producers here are private companies, unlike the rest of the world that are state run. Here the oil companies can't be forced to increase production. Another part of it is the stock market, with oil and fuel futures.
Old 03-06-2022, 08:58 AM   #115
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
And there ladies and gentlemen, is how we got here - by just accepting every incremental change, policy, election result, rate hike, former freedom and liberty, treatment, cure, simply because other people have it worse. It's all good as long as we're all equally miserable. THE archetypal model for Communism.
Old 03-06-2022, 08:58 AM   #116
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Quote:
correct
Old 03-06-2022, 09:07 AM   #117
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
The pandemic had a lot to do with it. The demand was very low, because so many people were working from home that had jobs, Most fun places were closed and people just weren't traveling. It's all about supply and demand, and now the demand is up. The oil producers here are private companies, unlike the rest of the world that are state run. Here the oil companies can't be forced to increase production. Another part of it is the stock market, with oil and fuel futures.
Gas prices were low before the plandemic and we still aren’t back to full staffing with many places continuing work at home so that would only explain a minor increase, not 300% or more. It’s truly a shame this is what we get in this country. Trying to figure out which one is less bad. Term limits across the board would certainly help but it’ll never happen. You think these idiots would vote themselves out of being millionaires?
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 09:07 AM   #118
PaulsSS

Drives: 15SS Camaro
In Russia gas is 2 bucks a gallon..............face it we are being played by big oil our entire lives. Its what we live for, paying for gas to make a few very very rich. My uncle bought oil stock back in the 30s 40s in some unknown oil company. He died a very very rich man.
PaulsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 09:59 AM   #119
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I cannot see selling her off. We will put gas in something. Its just a bit more at this moment.

Getting her set up for efficient driving could be a way to go, but what is the fun in it.

She is paid off and built well. I could not see selling her. Its just time to weather the storm.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 10:00 AM   #120
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
yup,we are not only making a few well connected people very rich (wonder how many senators and congressmen are invested in oil) but it is also a way to pressure the average man away from petroleum and into EVs.you think its coincidental that the automakers are suddenly into EVs? after the majority of cars on the road are EVs the price of electriicity will magically increase...
redcoats1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 10:47 AM   #121
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
I cannot see selling her off. We will put gas in something. Its just a bit more at this moment.

Getting her set up for efficient driving could be a way to go, but what is the fun in it.

She is paid off and built well. I could not see selling her. Its just time to weather the storm.
+1
Old 03-06-2022, 11:00 AM   #122
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I won’t sell mine yet either. But I just don’t want to project any notion that gas prices don’t matter. Who went to the dealer or seller for your Camaro and said, “I don’t care what you’re asking, it doesn’t matter, I’ll pay it.”
Old 03-06-2022, 11:10 AM   #123
SlingShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I won’t sell mine yet either. But I just don’t want to project any notion that gas prices don’t matter. Who went to the dealer or seller for your Camaro and said, “I don’t care what you’re asking, it doesn’t matter, I’ll pay it.”
You would be surprised, back 08-09 people were paying $5k-$10k over just to get one...
Old 03-06-2022, 11:13 AM   #124
SlingShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
yup,we are not only making a few well connected people very rich (wonder how many senators and congressmen are invested in oil) but it is also a way to pressure the average man away from petroleum and into EVs.you think its coincidental that the automakers are suddenly into EVs? after the majority of cars on the road are EVs the price of electriicity will magically increase...
I think they are just trying to get ahead of the curve, same as they did with the newer EPA standards. Also I'm sure there are some incentives going their way.
Old 03-06-2022, 12:28 PM   #125
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
I agree to a point, but why were prices so low under Trump? Companies suddenly didn’t want as much profits? I think domestic policy absolutely affects prices in a free market system. I’m no fan of Trump the person, but his record far exceeds this guy, who isn’t in charge anyway. PA has the highest gas tax in the USA and some of the worst roads. Now PennDOT is proposing putting tolls on interstates to fund road repair. Isn’t that where all the gas taxes are supposed to be going?
Supply/demand and global economics. Spring of 2020, OPEC and Russia cut supply. Pandemic reduces demand as people don't travel nearly as much, manufacturing doesn't use as much energy, etc. Demand comes roaring back, supply has not caught up for a variety of reasons. Labor shortage increases wages, increasing cost for all aspects of the market, from extraction to refining to transport to retail.

POTUS doesn't control oil prices, and while not powerless, isn't even close to being the most powerful player in the room.
BehindBlueI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 12:44 PM   #126
Falfan

Drives: 14 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
Supply/demand and global economics. Spring of 2020, OPEC and Russia cut supply. Pandemic reduces demand as people don't travel nearly as much, manufacturing doesn't use as much energy, etc. Demand comes roaring back, supply has not caught up for a variety of reasons. Labor shortage increases wages, increasing cost for all aspects of the market, from extraction to refining to transport to retail.

POTUS doesn't control oil prices, and while not powerless, isn't even close to being the most powerful player in the room.
But , POTOS , his cabnet , and the DNCs war on fossil fuels definitely are a big contributing factor .
Falfan is offline   Reply With Quote