Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-27-2017, 12:38 PM   #29
cooden

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS & '15 Durango R/T
I know I'm going to get shit for this, but from what I have seen, the guys that installed these themselves are having issues. I haven't seen anyone that has had a Whipple Authorized Dealer install & then tune it on the dyno have any issues that I have seen.

I know about the one guy with the fabricated tank, but I attribute that to a shop employee who didn't know what they were doing. Not trying to talk shit (because you guys are way better than me with tools), but I wouldn't spend $8K on a supercharger and then install myself. I would rather have the shop install it and make sure everything is running correctly.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:30 PM   #30
nick_casper

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooden View Post
I know I'm going to get shit for this, but from what I have seen, the guys that installed these themselves are having issues. I haven't seen anyone that has had a Whipple Authorized Dealer install & then tune it on the dyno have any issues that I have seen.

I know about the one guy with the fabricated tank, but I attribute that to a shop employee who didn't know what they were doing. Not trying to talk shit (because you guys are way better than me with tools), but I wouldn't spend $8K on a supercharger and then install myself. I would rather have the shop install it and make sure everything is running correctly.
Mine works perfectly and I installed it myself. Just the opposite of you, I do my own work to make sure it's done right.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:54 PM   #31
cooden

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_casper View Post
Mine works perfectly and I installed it myself. Just the opposite of you, I do my own work to make sure it's done right.
That's great. I wish I had the knowledge, tools & time to work on my own vehicles. Due to work & family life--I don't, so that's why I pay to get everything done.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:54 PM   #32
80sMetalDude

Drives: .
Cooden that was a fair observation I brought this up to Brett last time we talked.
80sMetalDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:46 PM   #33
cooden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sMetalDude View Post
Cooden that was a fair observation I brought this up to Brett last time we talked.
Thanks. Believe me, I'm not trying to disrespect anyone. To me, it seems like a pretty technical installation and I was just thinking that maybe the quality shops that install these on a regular basis know the ins & outs of the install process. Personally, I suck at working on cars--I can't change my own oil or rotate my own tires. I give you guys doing the install a huge amount of credit because I couldn't even attempt it. I really hope you guys get your cars up and running quickly so that you can put a huge smile on your face when feel the power that the Whipple brings.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:13 AM   #34
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooden View Post
Thanks. Believe me, I'm not trying to disrespect anyone. To me, it seems like a pretty technical installation and I was just thinking that maybe the quality shops that install these on a regular basis know the ins & outs of the install process. Personally, I suck at working on cars--I can't change my own oil or rotate my own tires. I give you guys doing the install a huge amount of credit because I couldn't even attempt it. I really hope you guys get your cars up and running quickly so that you can put a huge smile on your face when feel the power that the Whipple brings.
My install went great, I fixed a few things I didn't like (shortened hoses for cleaner routing, etc) Runs fine now (after I fixed MAP plug) It will probably run fine after I'm dead and gone. It's just noisey (Rattles) Close the hood.... fixed....lol. Unexceptable to me. I'll get it figured out.
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:38 AM   #35
80sMetalDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettman View Post
My install went great, I fixed a few things I didn't like (shortened hoses for cleaner routing, etc) Runs fine now (after I fixed MAP plug) It will probably run fine after I'm dead and gone. It's just noisey (Rattles) Close the hood.... fixed....lol. Unexceptable to me. I'll get it figured out.
Right on Brother. You guys have seen both Brett/My build threads and the installs are very clean and careful.

This whole thing has delayed the whole (timelapse) thing I wanted to share because no point in sharing something that isnt done yet technically...

I am wearing my Whipple T shirt today tho maybe the extra HP will help me do chores around my property?
Old 05-28-2017, 08:53 AM   #36
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sMetalDude View Post
Right on Brother. You guys have seen both Brett/My build threads and the installs are very clean and careful.

This whole thing has delayed the whole (timelapse) thing I wanted to share because no point in sharing something that isnt done yet technically...

I am wearing my Whipple T shirt today tho maybe the extra HP will help me do chores around my property?
If I could do the thumbs up cartoon, I'd throw a couple out there for that comment.
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:01 AM   #37
80sMetalDude