Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 05-27-2017, 09:25 AM   #1
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Electric Pressure Washer and Blower Recommendations

Can any one recommend a homeowner grade electric pressure washer with quick disconnect coupling, a foam cannon to use with the pressure washer and a blower? Not looking to spend a fortune, but just trying to identify good value for the $.
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:27 AM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I can only tell you what doesn't work. The electric one solid Home Depot by Karcher just don't last over time. I went through two of them and then finally decided to bag the whole foam cannon/pressure wash thing and go back to a hose, and more recently just Rinseless.

If I was going to do the whole thing over again I'd look for a Honda pressure washer compressor set up.

The air blower you want if you're really into this, is what's called a master blaster. That's the one they use by professionals that really works well
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:06 PM   #3
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Sun Joe SPX3000. New models have brass fitting, mine is 2 years going strong, only $100. For a blower I just use my ridgid shop vac/leaf blower combo. If I was going to get a blower only i would get the master blaster, but if you don't have a shop vac already, you could kill 2 birds with one stone.

As for a foam cannon, I use Chemical guys 310 TORQ but the MTM Hydro Professional works as well. I had that first but returned it to amazon when the chemical guys went on sale a week later for less. They are pretty much the same foam cannon.

Blowers:
Ridged
http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-16...1680/202554974
Master Blaster
https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys...master+blaster

Pressure Washer:
Sun Joe
https://www.amazon.com/Joe-SPX3000-P.../dp/B00CPGMUXW

Foam Cannons:
Chemical guys
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
MTM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you don't need them right now, the pressure washer goes on sale a lot for $100, the foam cannons for around $50-55 and the shop vac for around $100. If you wait for the sales, you could definitely get this set up for $250 + tax. I can't imaging you can go any lower for a set up unless you went with one of the lower priced foam cannons from alibaba maybe, i was just to nervous to order from there and they are only like 10-15 less than the amazon ones when on sale.

Last edited by DougCBJ; 05-27-2017 at 05:17 PM.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:31 PM   #4
GP86

Drives: 2017 2SS
I have a Sun Joe pressure washer. It does what I expected it to, but it certainly is not a premium product. The connection for the garden hose is rubbish. It is made of aluminum and does not allow for an adequate seal to the garden hose. In stock form, there is a gasket that is far too large for the garden hose to connect and with any kind of movement it will disconnect. I removed the rubber gasket and now get a more reliable connection, but of course there is a major leak in the connection. I am trying to find a brass fitting to put on there instead in hopes that it will make a better connection and seal.

I would recommend the Sun Joe power washer if you're willing to modify it a little bit so that it is more reliable and easier to use.
Old 05-27-2017, 11:27 PM   #5
DougCBJ

just needs a brass female to female connector between the hose and the pressure washer.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:28 AM   #6
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
I agree with Glen the Master Blaster is a very nice blower, mine is 9 or 10 years old and still going strong. I also have a SideKick and for the money it does a good job.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/access...-sidekick.html
http://adamspolishes.com/shop/access...evolution.html
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:22 AM   #7
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Thanks guys. While I will mostly stick with Glen's rinse less system, I would really like the pressure washer and cannon for blasting the wheels and possibly lower parts of the car. The Chemical Guys foam cannon looks good but am wondering if that connector is a universal one that will connect to any pressure washer and do some of these pressure washers come with a detergent tank that will allow for spraying foam without the cannon?
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:08 PM   #8
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
Thanks guys. While I will mostly stick with Glen's rinse less system, I would really like the pressure washer and cannon for blasting the wheels and possibly lower parts of the car. The Chemical Guys foam cannon looks good but am wondering if that connector is a universal one that will connect to any pressure washer and do some of these pressure washers come with a detergent tank that will allow for spraying foam without the cannon?
The CG cannon is a standard 1/4" connector. For a pressure washer I use 3000psi gas with a Honda motor(John Deere) and it can adjusted to lower pressure. Tried a Ryobi 1400psi electric and died after a dozen uses. I like EGO 56v battery blower a lot, full charge will totally dry a car.
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:38 PM   #9
DougCBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
Yes, the sun joe has 2 soap dispensers actually so you can store multiple types of soap. I've never tried that feature yet as for the chemical guys set up, mine came with the quick connect that fits the sun joe pressure washer (I linked that one), but there are other models that are on amazon for the chem foam cannon that contains different connectors if you decided to go with a different pressure washer.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:57 PM   #10
whollins

Drives: Camaro
Power Washer

Sorry this is going to be a long reply, but I just went through the process of figuring all of this out and know all of the gotchas. I've read all about Glen's rinseless. But I just love the old fashion way. I love washing my new car and I find it relaxing.

I agree with the Sun Joe recommendations. That's what I bought. I got the SPX 3001 because I liked the ability to wind the hose on the included hose reel. The one HUGE disclaimer I will provide is the Sun Joe connections are M22 European not M22 Standard. If you stick with all Sun Joe accessories this is not an issue. But I wanted to use other accessories so I ventured to figure it out. In order to use the Sun Joe with M22 Std you need to find a hose extension that has a M22 Metric vs M22 Standard adapter.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-1...-Hose/50318549

Once you locate this then it's smooth sailing. Use the Metric side to connect to the existing Sun Joe hose then connect the Standard size to your hose extension. Presto now you have M22 Standard on the other end of your hose. Now your hunt for new accessories is solved.

I went with a "Snub Nose" spray gun. I just didn't want to be flinging a huge metal wand around my car. I chose the MTM Hydro Parts SG35. I added a quick connection directly to the end of the spray gun. Then I ordered their spray nozzle kit and the Generation 2 MTM Hydro foam cannon. Now I just alternate between the spray head and the foam cannon quick and easily with the quick connect. Love it wouldn't change a thing.

Disclaimer: Buy a spray wand extension with the proper connections from MTM Hydro then you can add it to your SG35 for your household power washing duties. Once you use the SG35 spray handle you will hate the Sun Joe spray handle. You've been warned. I had to place 2 orders with MTM Hydro because I had to learn the hard way.

I use a grit guard and Micro Fiber Madness Incredimit after I foam the car down.

Couple of misc items. Sun Joe is running a Memorial Day weekend sale right now. The prices are terrific.

Sun Joe also has a brass connector you can buy if you are worried about long term durability. I talked to them directly because I was concerned about the reviews that mentioned the plastic connection. They have changed to an aluminum connection that seems to have solved the previous issues.

As far as drying the car. I bought the McKees 37 Turbo Car Dryer. I absolutely love it. I think it's a better setup and a bit more powerful than the sidekick dryer. My only complaint is the hose is a bit long and it seems to get in the way. If you have the money and the place to mount it you can't go wrong with the master blaster. I just wanted a more portable option.

Sorry for the long post. Ask away if you have any questions.
whollins is offline   Reply With Quote