Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-02-2018, 08:51 AM   #1
hellmouth

Drives: '18 SS 1LE
Washed car yesterday and noticed this

I was washing the car and noticed this trim piece was missing on under the fog light. The piece on the driver's side was also incredibly loose... My guess is that it just wiggled it's way off as it's not attached very securely. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement?

https://ibb.co/ke6ncJ
hellmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:29 PM   #2
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Dealer. It should be covered under your warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:36 PM   #3
hellmouth

Yeah I figured it would be covered under bumper-to-bumper. Thanks. Calling dealer today.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:54 PM   #4
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
yeah pretty shitty design.
mine aren't off but I always hand wash and noticed right when I got it, that it was really loose so I went back to the dealership and thought to myself I better check on a new one before I make an ass out of myself.
confirmed on the new ones they're not on firm but I guess its just the way they are.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 02:09 PM   #5
retmil

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry SS
The ones on my '17SS I bought new have been loose since day 1. I expect them to fall off at any time. Do not understand the reasoning behind such a poor design.
retmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:08 PM   #6
Gen-X45

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
Look at the picture guys… the trim piece was taken off the car, the frame mount is bent in one place and chipped in another. OP you may want to give your car a good once over to make sure nothing else is missing.
Gen-X45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:39 PM   #7
hellmouth

That could have been done when it was put on in the factory for all I know. It was on one day and gone the next.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:40 PM   #8
hellmouth

Dealer covering it under warranty. Parts ordered.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:21 PM   #9
hellmouth

So talked to dealer and they told me that they can't get this part in black. They say they can only find it in silver and that they would have to paint it. Does anyone have any idea on what the exact part number is for the black piece?

Edit: I told them it's a 1LE and that this car has multiple black trim pieces from the factory but they seem to think that GM doesn't make these pieces in black lol..
Old 07-27-2018, 07:22 PM   #10
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmouth View Post
So talked to dealer and they told me that they can't get this part in black. They say they can only find it in silver and that they would have to paint it. Does anyone have any idea on what the exact part number is for the black piece?

Edit: I told them it's a 1LE and that this car has multiple black trim pieces from the factory but they seem to think that GM doesn't make these pieces in black lol..
I figured that black was the only color. Can't recall seeing them in any other color. Update: nevermind, looking at pictures of other members cars I see most appear to be chrome.

Also this thread made me curious so I went out to the garage and mine are nice and snug. They don't move at all. I'll be sure not to press too hard on them when washing so I don't loosen them.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote