Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #85
bturner2

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue, Sunroof, NPP, MRC
I typically replace my exhaust with either Corsa or Borla within a year of buying my cars. Both of those make you make a choice of sound at that time that can't be reversed without considerable expense.

When I heard NPP the first time I was sold. At $900 it was an upgrade that saved me money in the long run. Being able to change the sound is certainly also a bonus.

This is one of those options that can only be done at the time of purchase like a sunroof and one that I would certainly do again if I was ordering another car tomorrow.
bturner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:46 AM   #86
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
I am 52 and was somewhat on the fence about ordering this option. My wife thought it sounded great and I liked the quad tips. My hesitation stemmed from the reality that $895 = zero performance gain; you are buying looks and noise only. Now that I have the car, time and again I get the same reaction when anyone sees it for the first time (6-60 yrs old, same reaction):
Step 1) general compliments on the overall style and appearance of the car
Step 2) the first "wow, cool!" when they see I got the manual transmission
Step 3) "that's f*king awesome!" when they hear it start up
Call it the icing on the cake or whatever, but the sound just seems to fit the car and provokes a visceral reaction in everyone. Then you can turn it down while cruising to better enjoy the stereo, if that's your pleasure.
I recommend this without hesitation.
I was on the fence also for the same reason ($895 for no measurable performance gain), but overall I am really glad I got it. I think the rear fascia looks much better with the quad tips and painted valence and it sounds awesome. I did not have the opportunity to test a non-NPP exhaust, but my assumption is that it sounds similar to the NPP with the bypass valve closed, which sounds decent but much quieter.

I do wish the upgraded exhaust was 304 stainless steel like it was on my 4th gen camaro since I tend to keep my cars for a long time.
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:41 PM   #87
SDecker190

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue DM Exhaust A8
NPP

Yes i would recommend it. I need the ability to quiet the car down to keep from disturbing my neighbors early AM. The ability to go from mild to wild is great. Saves on cost of a expensive exhaust system later on.
SDecker190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:19 PM   #88
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
If you live in an urban area and want to be respectful, then yes. That's why I ordered NPP. That, and the quad-tips.

I have stopped caring about respecting the quiet, I mostly keep the fused pulled.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:27 AM   #89
Lacoven

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary
I have magnetic ride control and NPP and have not figured out how to do any controlling of it. In my 15 vette I could make it work with mode settings etc. Mode in my SS only changes track tour etc.
Lacoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:37 AM   #90
ljc

Drives: 2ss Nightfall Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacoven View Post
I have magnetic ride control and NPP and have not figured out how to do any controlling of it. In my 15 vette I could make it work with mode settings etc. Mode in my SS only changes track tour etc.
When you have the opportunity, sit in a garage or a carwash port, then change the modes. You should easily hear the difference between Sport and Tour mode.
ljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:13 AM   #91
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDecker190 View Post
Yes i would recommend it. I need the ability to quiet the car down to keep from disturbing my neighbors early AM. The ability to go from mild to wild is great. Saves on cost of a expensive exhaust system later on.
This ^

When I had my Mustang I didn't care how loud the exhaust was, the neighbors were a good bit away from the garage so it wasn't bothersome. In my new place, I don't think my neighbors would like hearing my car every morning at 5:45 AM lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:19 AM   #92
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Picked up my 2SS yesterday,,,,,,,

NPP -worth every penny
MRC- ditto

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:11 PM   #93
Loveride

Drives: Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
On my 2014 RS convertible the NPP exhaust came with the car and there was no on or off control. The flaps opened above 1800 rpms only but you can purchase a controller that installs easily with the directions provided and is controlled with either with one of two remotes or you can program two of the three remote buttons up at the top by the dome light switch to turn it on (flaps open all the time) or back to normal stock operation where it opens the flaps above 1800 rpms. Even on my V6 the exhaust sounds great. Buy it.

http://www.pfyc.com/C65016.html?gcli...iABEgK3RvD_BwE
Loveride is offline   Reply With Quote