Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-05-2015, 04:59 PM   #29
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingluis91 View Post
There's a button to control the sound of the exhaust? can some one post picture
Check out the video posted on page 1 of this thread. It shows the NPP exhaust and related controls for the corvette.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:00 PM   #30
Kingluis91

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Check out the video posted on page 1 of this thread. It shows the NPP exhaust and related controls for the corvette.
okay thanks man, so it should be the same then?
Delivered on 12/15/15
Instagram: luiscarrillo91
Kingluis91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 06:27 PM   #31
Buckeyenh

Drives: 2014 2SS Spring Edition
NPP

I have a 2014 2SS with NPP and it does not come with any button or other means to control it. It opens automatically around 3000 rpms. There are aftermarket kits available that enable you to turn it on or off as you desire. Basically a relay that you wire into your fuse box in the trunk. You operate it with a wireless key bob.

It is definitely worth it from both a sound and appearance stand point. You could buy the ZL-1 which it comes with standard.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:44 PM   #32
F N MUSCLE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyenh View Post
I have a 2014 2SS with NPP and it does not come with any button or other means to control it. It opens automatically around 3000 rpms. There are aftermarket kits available that enable you to turn it on or off as you desire. Basically a relay that you wire into your fuse box in the trunk. You operate it with a wireless key bob.

It is definitely worth it from both a sound and appearance stand point. You could buy the ZL-1 which it comes with standard.
Yet another improvement the 6th Gen has made over the 5th Gen. The 6th Gen is configurable via the infotainment screen. You definitely can select how you want the exhaust to act. Just like the vette.
F N MUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:56 PM   #33
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
I have bothered my salesman and dealer yet again! I have to be one of those super annoying clients constantly harassing the staff.

I decided to go ahead and add NPP exhaust option as I can't get the $800 wheels I wanted. Figured it's a good trade-off. And, I find it doubtful that I'd install an aftermarket exhaust in the future. This way I don't have to worry about it.

In a strange way I hope my order is still 1100 so there are no issues changing my order.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:22 AM   #34
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
I have the NPP on my 1LE and love it. I did the fuse pull and it sounds awesome.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:20 PM   #35
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I have the NPP on my 1LE and love it. I did the fuse pull and it sounds awesome.
^^^This... I never have had any complaints with my DD and I leave early at times.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:45 PM   #36
Scorpion

Drives: 2011 1LT, 2013 2LT RS, 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
To answer your #9 question.. It is worth it on my opinion. A couple reasons:

1) its still much cheaper than a borla/corsa catback and we KNOW you will be getting that FAST! So save some money.

2) you get the butterfly which during a road trip you can cut the noise levels way down by switching the mode you are driving in.

3) while catback is a joke to install, car comes with it installed thus less time to do something and you can tackle installing something else :P (saves time, time is money my friend!)

4) Sound is fantastic for stock, it'll keep you satisfied till companies release their own products which will take a month or two I would assume, at least.

5) quad tip, nuff said.
TR6
Can't you turn it off on the dash menu controls to keep it open all the time, loud, same as pulling the fuse?
My understanding is both sport and track modes are RPM dependent.
Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 04:59 PM   #37
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
TR6
Can't you turn it off on the dash menu controls to keep it open all the time, loud, same as pulling the fuse?
My understanding is both sport and track modes are RPM dependent.
Yes you can turn it full open, or be based on certain RPMs. Track mode is NOT rpm dependent, but sport and tour is. There is also stealth mode which basically closes off the NPP at all RPM ranges. I would say about 2600ish rpm is when you can feel the sport mode NPP open up where as track mode is open at ALL rpms.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:42 PM   #38
cerino2000

Drives: C6 Vette
The most important reason to get it is if you DON'T get it from the factory you can never add later the ability for the computer to automatically open the flaps for you. The way it works is if your hrottle is at a certain threshold (i.e. The car detects you are getting on it) when you get to a certain RPM, the flaps automatically open for you. Really adds some awesomness to the car. The add on kits after the fact will never give you this ability. Its either open or close. No "open it about half way through he RPM sweep as I'm hauling ass". Plus if you add it later, first you have to find someones used exhaust, then you have to buy the NPP in a box, then you have to put it all on. Lack of NPP would be a deal breaker. I have a video of this from one of my corvettes from the past. I'll see if I can find it.
cerino2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:48 PM   #39
cerino2000

Drives: C6 Vette
Here's the vid. What you hear starting at the 40 second mark to about 48 seconds is all done by the car without me interfering:

cerino2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:52 AM   #40
nino313

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
For V6 Camaro owners does it make any sense to get the NPP exhaust OR is the NPP just meant for the V8 engine?

Makes plenty of sense. V6 sounds real good once you add NPP. Totally worth it to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2016, 10:32 AM   #41
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by nino313 View Post
Makes plenty of sense. V6 sounds real good once you add NPP. Totally worth it to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I know. I wish I selected this option. I practically got every other option. No biggie. The stock exhaust sounds good with a nice little rumble to it. Better than a lot of other V6s with stock exhaust only.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 12:07 PM   #42
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The control for the 2016 Camaro's NPP is very different than the 5th gen, or the C6 Corvette.

For those who don't know; NPP, or "Active Exhaust", features a set of butterfly valves in the tailpipes just after the muffler. These valves open and close, depending on certain conditions preset by the engineers, to adjust volume levels and reduce back-pressure in the exhaust system.

There are four modes of operation for NPP, accessible through the Infotainment screen in the dash.

1) "Stealth"
2) "Tour"
3) "Sport"
4) "Track"

In the default mode of operation, these four settings rely on what Driver Mode you're in. But, you can override manually, if you wish. The settings are remembered even after you shut the car off.

Stealth Mode means the flaps are always closed, even at idle. This is the quietest operation.

Tour Mode is most like the 5th gen's factory settings. The flaps are open at idle, then they close once you get moving. Then roughly around 3000 rpms, at full throttle, the flaps open and make noise again.

Sport mode is just like Tour, except the flaps open earlier.

And Track mode means the butterfly valves are always open, no matter what the conditions. This is the loudest operation.

The yellow SS I had the pleasure to drive around New England had it, and it's pretty neat...you can definitely hear the difference. At $895, it's totally worth it.

EDIT: And for the record - the V6, equipped with NPP sounds damn near exotic. In a nice way.