Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #99
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax13 View Post
And also, 1st is annoyingly short. Haven't gotten mine to the track but the close ratio transmission is probably pretty nice there, but on the street, it sucks.
If you think the 1LE is geared short in 1st, I should drive down there and let you drive my Mustang. I can't quite touch 40 mph in 1st without the tach stepping into the red as it is. I'll lose a couple more mph when the wheels come for my (shorter) track tires, when I'll be barely past 35 when it'll be time to shift.

Norm
Old 04-10-2014, 08:58 AM   #100
Tom13ss

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS 1LE
The only thing I can agree on here is the cold temps with the tires. Anything else was very clear about the car with a very small amount of research
Old 04-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #101
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Im at 18255km (~11k miles) on my stock tires, they do wear faster than most performance tires but with a 200 tread wear rating is anyone surprised? Sounds like someone didnt research what they were buying. If the car was on the lot why didnt you take it out for a drive if you hated it so much so fast it would have been enough.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #102
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
$43k?

I understand you are in Canada...But two similarly (almost exact) equipped SIM 1LE's were on EPay over last 2 weeks. One with 5200 miles for $35k and one with 120 miles for $34k.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Ca...US_Cars_Trucks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Chevrol...p2047675.l2557
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 04-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #103
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom13ss View Post
The only thing I can agree on here is the cold temps with the tires. Anything else was very clear about the car with a very small amount of research

Even that was easy to find with any research as GM and Goodyear made it public with the release of the tire on the ZL1. Really no excuse to not know what you were buying with this car.

With the level of hate this guy has for his 1LE, I dont veen think he is in the right TYPE of car. I dont think even a regular SS is what he needs, cant see him being much happier.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #104
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Lol. Do you often get buyer's remorse when making purchases without reading the details of what you're buying?
I read the details and knew what I was buying. I expected to be happy with it, but I'm not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADR01T View Post
Curious, I don't see any mention of the fact that the Camaro is stricken blind by the gun-slit windows in your review as a negative..
Actually, this doesn't bother me at all. I am actually very happy with what I can see both in front and in the back. My previous car was a 2010 2SS RS so I knew things like the view would be the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
I read two mistakes in your thread:
1/ The 1LE suspension isn't too hard, it's the SS which is too soft.
Let me clarify. It's too hard, "for me".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
I thought it was law in Canada that you had to run winters?
Yes it is the law. My car is in storage for the winter so its legal in spring, summer, fall. Fall temperatures though make the tires too hard and brittle as reported by GM.

Quote:
tional features more than I would 1LE. After months of research on this site, I now know that if i were to buy any coupe, it would be ZL1, nothing less. The magno shocks are reportedly a revelation under all conditions. Did you do any research before you chose the 1LE?
Yes of course, but the ZL1 easily costs $10k more. Magno shocks on the 1LE might save this car for me but it wasn't an option when I ordered it.

Quote:
But after six years, I have to admit I'm looking forward to a bit more suspension compliance.
Exactly. I've owned 11 Firebirds and now 2 camaros and maybe I'm just done with the rock solid ride and prefer something softer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOGGS-LS3-1LE View Post
I see a Prius in your future. Good luck with that.. Sounds like the 1le will find a better home.
Actually these are pretty decent cars, especially the plug-in electric. I'm not a fan of hybrids really, but another good alternative is the Chevy Volt. My next car will definitely be electric, and most probably a Tesla Model S. Beautiful, fast, sexy, clean, COMFORTABLE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criag B View Post
Should you get a 6 Cyl. ??
You know, the 6 CYL's are not a bad idea. They are much less expensive, use less gas, are cheaper to insure, have a comfortable - yet - firm ride. The 6 cylinder camaro is quite nice and frankly now more appealing than an 8.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:05 PM   #105
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
Thanks for clearing up the air Mark.

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:07 PM   #106
2Muchmark

Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
HI agree that the 1LE isn't for everyone. If you buy one without knowing all of the pieces that make up the package, and don't do any research on it, then you are simply a fool.
No need for name calling my friend. I had done my research but was just unprepared for how lousy the ride is in cold weather, and how fast the tires wear out, and how much more gas it seems to drink up than the 2SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
A Prius or a scooter.
Damn straight... !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMY1LE View Post
Somebody didn't do their homework
Don't think. Just quote what 2 others have already said. Shhh shhh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
OP, was the 1LE an impulse buy? Did you not read anything about it before you bought it?
Sort of an impulse buy. The sales rep suggested the option. I went home and read up on int and watch some youtube videos. Nothing though compares to driving it, especially with temperatures under 50F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock69RS View Post
Mine is my daily driver and I love it. I don't find the ride harsh at all, in fact driving other cars now I find the ride too loose and bouncy.
You're lucky you probably have great roads where you live. If there are any Montrealers in this thread, I'd love to have you chime in. I bet you drive to the end of your block without seeing at least 1 major pothole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock69RS View Post
If you want more tire life you can always put a different set on easy enough. The trans is a close ratio trans if you do a lot of stop and go maybe a m6 isn't for you and should get an auto...
Maybe but at this point I would be happier just selling the car to someone who appreciates it as-is, and giving it a nicer home as someone suggested earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
You clearly didn't know what you were buying. This is a horrible thread that only shows that you didn't do any research.
You're right, I didn't know what I was buying. But Horrible thread? Sorry if my venting hit a soft spot on your belly somewhere. You're not supposed to take it personally.

Quote:
Having some affiliation with the tire industry, it has been extremely distressing to me to observe the large number of "enthusiasts" on this board that attempt to run summer tires in the winter and then complain about their performance.
You clearly didn't read what I said. The car was not driven in winter. I said the tires get hard when the temperature drops below 7 degrees CELCIUS. This is spring/fall here in Canada. It is above the melting point of ice, and therefore snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
I chuckled as well when I saw this post.....Just because it doesn't meet YOUR needs doesnt mean it doesn fit the rest of ours to a T.
You didn't read my post either. I said "Think Twice". I'm a big fan of Camaros but not the 1LE. If you want one, buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwood View Post
Every complaint listed is exactly why I want a 1LE. I think you forgot that the Recaros are too tight. Are they too tight? I hope they are. I wasn't able to find any to sit in cause they'd never sell in San Antonio.
You know what? Maybe the 1LE should only be sold in the US, or in warmer places such as Texas, Florida, Calfornia, etc... here in Montreal, the cold weather makes the car dangerous to drive, and the pot holes (even the small ones) take all the fun out of it. Try Googling Montreal Pot Holes and see what I mean.

No kidding - this is a real pot hole, and to make things even worse, this is TYPICAL.

more

Old 04-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #107
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOGGS-LS3-1LE View Post
I see a Prius in your future. Good luck with that.. Sounds like the 1le will find a better home.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #108
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Isn't this the same guy who was going to sell his Camaro because he felt guilty about the BP gulf oil spill...?
Old 04-10-2014, 02:16 PM   #109
2Muchmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE 2NV View Post
I drive mine occasionally on dry warm days. No temperature lower then 50F knowing how the tires handle. Does it bother me? yes just a bit. But that was my fault for not learning more about the tires plus my salesman didnt say anything nor does it state on the sticker price that the tires are summer only but still my fault i dont mind because its not a DD. Ive driven quite a few camaros so i know the how they ride. The 1le is stiffer and way tighter compared to my previous camaro which in honesty makes it for a track car and thats an awsome thing to have for the street as well. I love the car. No regrets.

Cool to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Even that was easy to find with any research as GM and Goodyear made it public with the release of the tire on the ZL1. Really no excuse to not know what you were buying with this car.
LOL! What are you, a Camaro salesman? This is exactly my point. Yes I did my research but the sales rep downplayed this. He called it a "more sporty" ride. He didn't tell me it would feel like cast-iron wheels driving over rocks. I actually took the car back within days and asked about changing it for a different car, even a V6, and the ****ing prick salesman said the exact same thing: "You should have done your research!" followed by what was to "I offer you 2 pennies for your trade in".

So here's the thing folks. You like you Camaros and thats fine, so do I, but my opinion of the 1LE that it is a very uncomfortable and expensive ride except for the most die-hard enthusiast. And my opinion matters a little, because I've owned lots of cars, and dozens of others for days at time thanks to lots of travelling and car rental places. Take it to heart or ignore it, no problem for me.

Peace.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #110
2Muchmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Isn't this the same guy who was going to sell his Camaro because he felt guilty about the BP gulf oil spill...?
Yes thats me but of course there have been dozens more since then, with Texas being the latest.

So no, owning a Camaro isn't an enjoyable experience for me at all.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #111
NH 2012 SS/RS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 IBM
Don't take all the comments personal Mark….

I'll still gladly drive up and do the swap…and share that great Canadian Beer..

2SS/RS IBM * American Racing BLVD Wheels * 275/40 * 295/40 Toyo Proxes * Eibach 1" drop Springs * Elite Catch Can * CAI w/ scoop * CFD Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter w/ Tap Shift * APR Carbon Fiber Splitter * Sequential Tail Lights * MPD1 Spoiler * Hex Vents (CF dipped) * GFX Skirts * BBK SS Shorties * MBRP 3"Exhaust w/ X pipe * Solo Hi-Flow Cats *
Old 04-10-2014, 02:20 PM   #112
Jim968

Drives: 2018 2SS
So you bought a car with the track package option, but have not taken it on the track, and are now you’re unhappy with it.

Before getting rid of it, why not take it to the track and find out why it’s made the way it is. Believe me, it will be a revelation, and it may restore your love for the car.

Closed Thread