Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-08-2022, 01:18 PM   #169
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Unlikely. California doesn't elect many sensible politicians. They are under enormous pressure to maintain their environmental standards.
Standards? You mean nonsense
Old 06-08-2022, 09:18 PM   #170
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
The writing is certainly on the wall. Gen. 6 could be the last generation of Camaro as we all know it. However, you have to take rumors and hearsay with a grain of salt. It wasn't long ago when there were rumors that v8 engines would cease production by 2015-2016. Normally this would make me anxious to buy another camaro, but I actually bought my ZL1 based on pure desire and its excellent qualities.

The bottom line is that GM and Chevrolet will continue to make the models that bring the greatest profit to their company, despite popular opinion and political pressure.

It is amazing that these cars are approaching $100,000 as is. Part of it has to do with inflation and the shape of the market, and of course a big factor is the scarcity of the great traditional, powerful v8 coupes that once graced our highways.
V8 scarcity is indeed the large part of almost $100k new vehicles. Look at GM with their $112k base EV hummer. If I was spending the money? I’d buy a white 2014 Z/28 over anything new these days. GM will probably evolutionize the Camaro like the Mach E-mustang. 🙄😂😂

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 09:31 PM   #171
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Gas prices are starting to drive down truck prices locally. I've watched a particular Raptor that I have to keep reminding myself I don't want come down $2k with no bites, a Gladiator come down $1500, etc. The local Ram dealer removed the $2k "market adjustment" on new trucks.

Trucks aren't sports cars, obviously, but there is some overlap. It's going to be interesting watching inflation fight with general worries of recession and less disposable income for motorized toy purchases and fuel economy worries to see which way the market slides over the next 12-24 months. My crystal ball is as hazy as everyone else's, but I'm thinking it's better odds we are at or near the top of the market for these sorts of vehicles.
BehindBlueI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 07:01 AM   #172
JamesMyBoy

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
I plan on riding it out... The electrical grid is in no way ready for as many electric cars as the administration wants us to buy. The news is already warning of possible black/brown outs this summer as supply can't meet demand. The only viable short term generation is gas turbines, which burn natural gas. Coal is out of the question, and nuclear takes too long to get approved and built. That, and no storage solutions for wind and solar in the event the weather doesn't cooperate (or night falls). If we can manage to get through the next couple of years without reverting to cave dwelling, we'll be OK.
- Just my opinion as a former Nuc plant operator.
Old 06-09-2022, 08:46 AM   #173
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
V8 scarcity is indeed the large part of almost $100k new vehicles. Look at GM with their $112k base EV hummer. If I was spending the money? I’d buy a white 2014 Z/28 over anything new these days. GM will probably evolutionize the Camaro like the Mach E-mustang. ������
Yea its crazy. I know now why my fleet has grown. I don't want to chance selling one of my v8 kids, only to spend a king's ransom for another new one. We were warned by others that v8s would become very expensive to buy after a certain point. However, there is still a solid demand for them, go figure. Their demand has centered around the lightweight truck and SUV lines. Grab your hat though.............have you seen the average price of a v8 truck or SUV? Without incentives you are looking at least $50,000 from any maker before options! Yes, it sounds crazy but....................

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 08:48 AM   #174
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
gas pricing is probably going to start squeezing the market down on V8s unless your car is only driven for pleasure as a 2nd vehicle.my camaro spent yesterday in the garage while i took my grandson to the beach in the wifes honda civic...44 mpg average over 132 miles.basically took 3 gallons instead of 5.as prices continue to rise i look to see fewer cars on the road.whats crazy is im still seeing people racing off stoplights and driving very aggressively on the interstates.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 09:39 AM   #175
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Sold mine in October for $17,500 with 95k miles on it. I won’t lie, I do miss it, but it was time
Old 06-09-2022, 12:13 PM   #176
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMyBoy View Post
I plan on riding it out... The electrical grid is in no way ready for as many electric cars as the administration wants us to buy. The news is already warning of possible black/brown outs this summer as supply can't meet demand. The only viable short term generation is gas turbines, which burn natural gas. Coal is out of the question, and nuclear takes too long to get approved and built. That, and no storage solutions for wind and solar in the event the weather doesn't cooperate (or night falls). If we can manage to get through the next couple of years without reverting to cave dwelling, we'll be OK.
- Just my opinion as a former Nuc plant operator.
The big change I've made to my investing habits is less mutual funds, more inflation indexed and secure dividend payer purchases. Midstream natural gas is getting a big chunk of my investment dollars at the moment.
BehindBlueI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 12:56 PM   #177
MarkNJ

Drives: 2015 2SS Commemorative Edition
I have a 2015 SS Commemorative with 4500 miles on it. Trying to determine whether this is going to be worth more or less money in 5 years, 10 years? Supposedly worth mid 30's now, what do you guys think? Going to go up or down? Thinking about cashing it out.
Old 06-13-2022, 09:09 AM   #178
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Doesn’t matter the party. Gasoline is here to stay at minimum 50yrs. We’ll be dead before you don’t use gas. EVs are a gimmick. In 50yrs we’re probably going to natural gas or hydrogen fuel cell.
I want to thank you for saying this. I feel that the EVs are overplayed. There will be many disadvantages with EVs, the main ones being charge time and distance. The EVs are also quite boring, anonymous, and would kill what remains of the car culture if they were really taken seriously.

ICE are extremely efficient as of today, even the high powered v8s that we enjoy. I believe that GM isn't marketing the ICE engines and technology wisely, and they are placing too much emphasis on EVs. They will find that most people will simply stay with their efficient ICE vehicles, even if it means patronizing Honda, Toyota and Nissan. GM could be in for a fatal blow if they don't use their resources properly.

Edit: I also agree with you in that I would prefer other forms of liquified or vapor combustible fuels, such as Natural Gas and Hydrogen. In fact, I would welcome several forms of combustible fuels as opposed to relying on a single source such as electric. I am not entirely opposed to electric as well, but I do not see it being as viable, or even as efficient as liquified gasoline.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 09:42 AM   #179
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Doesn’t matter the party. Gasoline is here to stay at minimum 50yrs. We’ll be dead before you don’t use gas. EVs are a gimmick. In 50yrs we’re probably going to natural gas or hydrogen fuel cell.
I have to agree. About the time everyone starts running out of power every summer and can’t afford the hugely overpriced EV’s good ole gasoline will still be around.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 05:02 PM   #180
Wizard1183

Here’s the thing: carmakers have it be getting a government or federal kickback for pushing EVs. Only reason why. Find an auto maker that’s not following EVs. Even foreign are. There’s a reason for it. When the big wigs make their money? They’re going to leave EV for something else. Amazon vehicles are going natural gas. There’s a goal for going the way the world is going. And we don’t have a say so. We can try to buck the system. But I don’t think it’ll make a difference

Old 06-13-2022, 06:19 PM   #181
Wizard1183

If we fall into a depression which is extremely very likely? EVs will be dust

Old 06-13-2022, 09:02 PM   #182
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
If I were, Mr. Big Oil, and my objective was to sell more and more big oil, why would I want to be complicit with the cabal that is promoting more EV’s? That will ultimately affect the sale of my product? Pure, take the money and run while you can, greed? A greater, back door deal conspiracy with ‘Big EV?’